Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We’ve been in the forwards battle for long periods of the matches. Just need that class now which we don’t have. Players want to play with match winners like Turbo and Latrell and Reece Walsh.
Bit like the chicken and the egg. We need to win to get the class players to come here, but need the class players to win.

Does anyone know whether we have a halves academy or something of the like to start developing our own? Of course they would be years away if we do, but we should be making sure we are never in this position again.

I don’t get it either. Big sporting organisations around the world go all in for success. We seem happy to make little changes that might look good on the ledger but hardly move the needle. Perhaps that is why were a laughing stock.
Not every organisation does. Only those that are close enough to win the big prize or those that get a new owner/sponsor willing to throw cash around.

Reactions: 851
We really need to continue taking out the trash and strengthening our roster. Missing out on Moses will allow us to better balance the roster for future years. Backs are in need of upgrade.

IMO move on Nofa, Reilly, Apisalome Saukuru, Fainu, Seyfarth, Laurie & Tuki Simpkins. If Brooks is retained he is taking a fair salary cut. Our next lot of recruitment is as important as the previous (where our forward pack has taken shape). Need a decent centre, FB and half as well as quality depth.

We really need to continue taking out the trash and strengthening our roster. Missing out on Moses will allow us to better balance the roster for future years. Backs are in need of upgrade.

IMO move on Nofa, Reilly, Apisalome Saukuru, Fainu, Seyfarth, Laurie & Tuki Simpkins. If Brooks is retained he is taking a fair salary cut. Our next lot of recruitment is as important as the previous (where our forward pack has taken shape). Need a decent centre, FB and half as well as quality depth.
Agree with most of your list but I think seyfarth is solid depth if on low $$. He seems to put in with good attitude and generally holds his own.

During some banter with an eels mate I was told last night laurie is looking at going to dogs. I’m not sure if that’s a geeup or not? I haven’t seen anything on here.

Agree with most of your list but I think seyfarth is solid depth if on low $$. He seems to put in with good attitude and generally holds his own.

During some banter with an eels mate I was told last night laurie is looking at going to dogs. I’m not sure if that’s a geeup or not? I haven’t seen anything on here.
I read somewhere that he had apparently met with Gould recently.

Now that Moses is gone I reckon we at least need to sign an up and coming half to progress and put Pressure on whomever is in first grade.

Joseph O'Neil at the dogs Flegg squad would make sense. Oloapu has the future spot lined up on his big money deal. He'll be looking elsewhere, we have no one in the halves in NSW cup or Flegg. No prospects whatsover.

Now if only we had a player to trade with the dogs. Oh wait, we did but rather than get a player in return that will help us we released Kautoga for a few bucks and now have no leverage.

Volkmann the other option worth exploring ASAP

Kaeo Weekes and Ethan Sanders/Joey ONeil should be our top priorities now that all the decent established halves/fullbacks are off the table. We're one of the only clubs that can give these guys a shot at first grade in their preferred positions and have the money to entise them.

Kaeo Weekes and Ethan Sanders/Joey ONeil should be our top priorities now that all the decent established halves/fullbacks are off the table. We're one of the only clubs that can give these guys a shot at first grade in their preferred positions and have the money to entise them.

Weekes looks the goods doesn't he.

Haven't seen the others.

Can't believe the ground Wakeham has made so far this year, next two weeks are huge for him. If he can play well he may just propell himself into long term plans. From where he started 2023, certainly in my eyes anyway, it will be the Steven Bradbury story of the NRL.

I don’t have better mail but I also don’t put bullshit information out there for internet credit. No one asked him to post about Pascoe. He volunteered it with specifics and was dead wrong…unfortunately.
The easiest solution is to not assume that he is correct and not trouble yourself if he's wrong.

This is the rumours thread, there is nothing illegal about posting stuff that does not come true.

Our former stats man, Curtis Woodward, (now employed by the Bulldogs) reports via Twitter:

Daine Laurie headed to Belmore? Hearing the off-contract Wests Tigers fullback and his manager just met with Gus over a drink at The Locker Room Bar at Olympic Park.

This is an indefensible position considering the career JAC has had imo. JAC scored some electric tries in his brief stint with us and some of those tries none of our 1-7 could come close to replicating. Some players are just so obviously talented you should not let them go.
We had a great coach back then. Good eye for talent I’d say.
We are all well aware of all the talented players we let go.
That argument goes no where each time.

Our former stats man, Curtis Woodward, (now employed by the Bulldogs) reports via Twitter:

Daine Laurie headed to Belmore? Hearing the off-contract Wests Tigers fullback and his manager just met with Gus over a drink at The Locker Room Bar at Olympic Park.
this was proven as crap as laurie was with the team in melboruen was the 'meeting' took place

Sanders seems obvious with their halves lined up for half a decade. I would hope we had that lined up from the start.

Reactions: 851
People criticising POM like they have better mail.

There is honestly no incentive or reason to post inside mail on here if you have it. None. Even if your mail is right 90% of the time, you will get scolded for the other 10% where the club has been mislead by media/management or something has changed. Better to keep it to yourself, not worth it.

Be appreciative for what is/can be given.

It is interesting that most complain about the leaking of information by the club, but then also complaints that there is no credible information being shared. You can't have it both ways. Either you want nothing getting out or you want information.
Agree 100% and if I could like it more then once I would.

It's turned into a passing contest for some but not all.

I appreciate all the updatse regardless if they don't come through.

Back