Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No he wasn't - he did the dirty and signed with Melbourne without telling anyone. Admittedly we were asleep at the wheel with our CEO on holidays and told JAC we would get back to him.
Seems to be a reoccurring thing with our CEO but he continues and so does the mediocrity

@CCTW is spot on. Everyone on here needs to grow some gonads & appreciate information when it is delivered.

They are rumours ffs & it's up to the reader to accept them as that. Shit if we didn't have people like @THE_POM & @CCTW this would be a very boring place. POM would have got his info from a source who he believed delivered legitimate info ... he/she can't control the source.

So everyone get over it & get on with it!
Agree 👍. I really appreciate posts from people like The Pom, CCTW and even CloudyG... thier post give me a buzz for the day and something to think about.
I even remember the "joke" post I think from Earl regarding us having a good chance with Caleb Clarke and RTS. That gave me some joy for a brief while as well.
A big thanks to all the quality posters that share anything they hear 👍

Does anyone know what has happened to the rugby union forward we signed and the Lebanese backrower , they don’t seem like they have played at all

Agree with some of your points however spreading a false rumor a bloke is about to get fired from his job is poor form.
Exactly and just spouting bullshit is not on. His hit rate is atrocious and like most that post "info" should just leave it to the professional bullshiters such as Buzz, Mole etc. I just can't believe how desperate some people are to hear obvious crap that is never going to happen.

No he wasn't - he did the dirty and signed with Melbourne without telling anyone. Admittedly we were asleep at the wheel with our CEO on holidays and told JAC we would get back to him.
Don't forget Jason Taylor also had Jordan Rankin rated ahead of him. I'd have left if I was that underappreciated too. Rankin is one of the worst NRL players of all time

Patrick Herbert - Centre
Interesting where he was born…. Hello Benji’s hometown
Born: 10 January 1997 (age 26 years), Whakatāne, New Zealand
Height: 1.81 m

He is however out whilst recovering from an ACL tear last year so not going to be ready for us this year
Weren't we past buying everyone's discards

If our recruitment decides to go down the path of an up-and-coming halfback, it seems the only two likelies are Ethan Sanders (Parra) and our own Oliver Lawry.

UNLESS some shrewd negotiation (player swaps) is undertaken to secure a Jonah Pezet, Latu Fainu type who are under contract for 2-3 years at their current clubs.

I'm only looking at those in their senior year of SG Ball or older (Sanders, Lawry) as we have numerous potentials coming through our own pathways 2 years younger (i.e. Alex Conti, Isdale, Large brothers).

I personally think we'd be better served with an experienced 'alpha type' half for a couple of seasons - George Williams or maybe Aidan Sezer / Mitchell Pearce if their bodies are up to it (said with a grimace), with an x-factor type five-eighth (i.e. Kaeo Weekes, Jack Welsby) while developing the likes of Oliver Lawry, Lachlan Galvin & our Harrold Matts boys.

People criticising POM like they have better mail.

There is honestly no incentive or reason to post inside mail on here if you have it. None. Even if your mail is right 90% of the time, you will get scolded for the other 10% where the club has been mislead by media/management or something has changed. Better to keep it to yourself, not worth it.

Be appreciative for what is/can be given.

It is interesting that most complain about the leaking of information by the club, but then also complaints that there is no credible information being shared. You can't have it both ways. Either you want nothing getting out or you want information.
Well, Said... there are many geese on this forum that are not happy in any situation.

If our recruitment decides to go down the path of an up-and-coming halfback, it seems the only two likelies are Ethan Sanders (Parra) and our own Oliver Lawry.

UNLESS some shrewd negotiation (player swaps) is undertaken to secure a Jonah Pezet, Latu Fainu type who are under contract for 2-3 years at their current clubs.

I'm only looking at those in their senior year of SG Ball or older (Sanders, Lawry) as we have numerous potentials coming through our own pathways 2 years younger (i.e. Alex Conti, Isdale, Large brothers).

I personally think we'd be better served with an experienced 'alpha type' half for a couple of seasons - George Williams or maybe Aidan Sezer / Mitchell Pearce if their bodies are up to it (said with a grimace), with an x-factor type five-eighth (i.e. Kaeo Weekes, Jack Welsby) while developing the likes of Oliver Lawry, Lachlan Galvin & our Harrold Matts boys.

I personally think we'd be better served with an experienced 'alpha type' half for a couple of seasons - George Williams or maybe Aidan Sezer / Mitchell Pearce if their bodies are up to it (said with a grimace), with an x-factor type five-eighth (i.e. Kaeo Weekes, Jack Welsby) while developing the likes of Oliver Lawry, Lachlan Galvin & our Harrold Matts boys
Ethan Sanders

via https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2022...3-part-2-jersey-flegg-nrlw-development-squad/

The hype around Ethan Sanders right now is only just starting to build and for the Parramatta Eels that is a very, very good thing. The young playmaker entered 2022 in his junior year of SG Ball eligibility (i.e. turning 18 in an U19s competition) and would quickly go on to become a core figure in the Jersey Flegg team. The significance of that feat should not be undersold – Sanders wasn’t just holding his own against young men up to 3 years older than him, he was often excelling.

Long time readers will know that even in all my usual excitement and optimism when it comes to young talent I always preach that talent evaluation (especially as a club outsider) is an imprecise science. There are so many variables on and off the field that can wildly impact the course of a prospects outlook. That is doubly true for young halfbacks and five-eighths where the burden of crushing expectations and positional volatility often collide in spectacularly nasty fashion.

I throw that cautionary reminder out once again because in Sanders I see a very complete playmaker. Even given his youthfulness he has shown he can excel in all three phases of offence. Be it running, passing or kicking he shown a proficiency comfortably beyond his years and he was desperately unlucky not be picked for the NSW U19s this year. Even in defence, typically the bane of a star young half, he has shown a level of application that bodes extremely well.

I have Sanders pencilled in as the presumptive heir to Mitchell Moses and I expect his star to rise in meteoric fashion sooner rather than later. Right now, I think the focus will be for him to dominate the Jersey Flegg in 2023 and force his way into the NSW Cup program where he will begin his advanced applied studies in playmaking.

Latest posts

Members online

Back