Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sounds like Lewis Dodd is keen to play NRL and St Helens is resigned to the fact he'll likely ask for a release.

“Lewis is a great young lad and like any player does, he has the right to sign with any manager or agency as they want,’ Wellens told Love Rugby League.

“We respect those decisions, and Lewis is with us in 2023 and is contracted for 2024.

“We’ll obviously do all we can as a club to try and keep him here. He’s a player we love and value and we feel he is instrumental to our continued success.

“But also, Lewis is a grown adult who can make decisions for himself. What I do know with Lewis and his relationship with the club is that it’s a respectful one.

“So any conversations that happen, whether that’s now or three months, six or 12, they’ll be done in the right way.

“There’s nothing more to really add on the matter.”

I seem to adjust who I would like to target each day and today it is (bolded my preferences):

PRIORITY 1 HALFBACK
George Williams or Lewis Dodd or Aidan Sezer

PRIORITY 1 FULLBACK
Jack Welsby or Jayden Campbell or Connor Tracey or Nick Meaney

PRIORITY 2 FIVE-EIGHTH (WHO CAN COMPLEMENT THE NEW HALF)
Kaeoi Weekes or Blake Taafe or Connor Tracey

The more I think about it and read, I don't think RTS or Wighton would consider us.

Sounds like Lewis Dodd is keen to play NRL and St Helens is resigned to the fact he'll likely ask for a release.

“Lewis is a great young lad and like any player does, he has the right to sign with any manager or agency as they want,’ Wellens told Love Rugby League.

“We respect those decisions, and Lewis is with us in 2023 and is contracted for 2024.

“We’ll obviously do all we can as a club to try and keep him here. He’s a player we love and value and we feel he is instrumental to our continued success.

“But also, Lewis is a grown adult who can make decisions for himself. What I do know with Lewis and his relationship with the club is that it’s a respectful one.

“So any conversations that happen, whether that’s now or three months, six or 12, they’ll be done in the right way.

Maybe a possibility but would need him before the end of 24.

I seem to adjust who I would like to target each day and today it is (bolded my preferences):

PRIORITY 1 HALFBACK

PRIORITY 1 FULLBACK

The more I think about it and read, I don't think RTS or Wighton would consider us.
Williams out( confirmed this morning).

And that should be it. No club, including us, should expect to have him sooner than 2025. Players signing deals, then asking for an early release, is a blight on the game. Clubs are stuck with them if they don't play up to the contract value, so it should be reciprocal.

The one I would sell the farm for is Tom Dearden, I know that doesn't solve our problems now but you sign him up in November and do anything you can to get him here next year. Would be tough to pry him away from QLD but stranger things have happened...

Well that should be it, we should go all in on this one. Get him for 2024, they can take Brooks as a replacement

Agree. He'd be a good 6 to have, but we have to solve this halfback problem and it's an expensive problem to fix.

$1M on Wighton doesn't seem the right investment for our team.
Wighton came through as a fullback would love to play him there for the Tiger's

PRIORITY 1 HALFBACK

PRIORITY 1 FULLBACK

Don’t want either of RTS or wighton , the ones u named before all have are better options

Wonder if clubs have already started sniffing around and Dodds club know he's leaving, hopefully we're one of the clubs offering him top dollar.

Reactions: 851
I’d take Lewis Dodd in a heartbeat.

Has already won a Super League Grand Final and a World Club Challenge at 21 years old.

He’s not the finished product either, as he’s so young.

Will only get better in the years to come.
Lewis Dodd has signed with SFX same management as Ciraldo, Dodd will end up replacing Kyle Flannagan at dogs for around 650k - 700k a year

Back