Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

They were saying he'll likely go to a club that his management manage as coach. George mimis
If it is Mimis, he manages George Williams as well. The coaches he manage include Bennett, Ciraldo, Cleary & Webster. Also manages Offa & Pole from the Tigers.

Fullback - priority. Not sure the club will keep Staines and they definitely shouldn't keep Laurie, below are the options we should chase;
1 - Kaeo Weekes / Welsby / Kennedy / Nick Meany or Ryan Papz - Melbourne can't keep em all, a competitive offer and early release might secure one of them. Kaeo Weekes is the most realistic, with being off contract and a good offer could get him over- kid looks a star.

2 - Jnr Tupou, high ceiling, massive potential - should lock in this position permanently with a view to move to centre down the track

3 - Brent Naden - coming into his prime, has proven he's close to if not our best outside back. Has a contract locked in and has locked in his position in the team

4 Available, as far as I'm concerned. We need some pace. Some options I would consider, would be... Connor Tracey (Sharks), Declan Casey (Bulldogs), Brian Kelly (Titans), Kayal Iro (Sharks), Thomas Jenkins (Penrith) some early release options like Dene Mariner (Broncos), Sean Russel (Eels) or hopefully Josh Feledy is ready to go.

5 - another available position in my opinion, some of the above suggestions may work as a winger - I'd also suggest Warbrick at the Storm if they plan to move Meany to wing and he misses out. My #1 target would be Tyrell Sloane - yes I'm aware he wants to be a fullback but he's a prototype speedy winger and would be a game changer for us.

6 - Adam Douihei - #6 is his best position and with a safe 7 outside him , im sure he can go to another level. Needs to work on defence and whatnot but he is contracted for 2024 so he makes the team, for now.

7 - Dodd from St Helens would be nice... or Gee Willy, George Williams - Aiden Sezar is my pick but... Ron Volkman would be great too. We need a smart, organisational halfback which we've been missing for too long. This is a costly recruitment however it's the key to unlocking everything.

8 - David Klemmer - no explanation needed.

9 - Api Korosau - same as above.

10 - Alex Twal - work horse front rower, hold the fort and get through the early minutes hard work.

11 - Papalii'i - safe

12 - AJ Kepoa - safe

13 - John Bateman, like the idea of him at lock.

Bench
14 - Blore - bench forward for mine.

15 - Jackson Topine (Bulldogs) Sheens like utility , can probably play centre 6, 9, backrow and lock. Would be a great addition to the team.

16 Stedano Utoikamanu - bench forward for mine.

17 Fonua Pole - impact forward from the bench, seen what he can do and he is great.

This is how i would strengthen our team.

1 Kaeo Weekes
2 Jnr Tupou
3 Brent Naden
4 Kayal Iro
5 Tyrell Sloane
6 AD
7 Sezar
8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Twal
11 Papalii
12 AJ
13 Bateman

14 Topine
15 Pole
16 Blore
17 Utoikamanu

Fullback - priority. Not sure the club will keep Staines and they definitely shouldn't keep Laurie, below are the options we should chase;
1 - Kaeo Weekes / Welsby / Kennedy / Nick Meany or Ryan Papz - Melbourne can't keep em all, a competitive offer and early release might secure one of them. Kaeo Weekes is the most realistic, with being off contract and a good offer could get him over- kid looks a star.

2 - Jnr Tupou, high ceiling, massive potential - should lock in this position permanently with a view to move to centre down the track

3 - Brent Naden - coming into his prime, has proven he's close to if not our best outside back. Has a contract locked in and has locked in his position in the team

4 Available, as far as I'm concerned. We need some pace. Some options I would consider, would be... Connor Tracey (Sharks), Declan Casey (Bulldogs), Brian Kelly (Titans), Kayal Iro (Sharks), Thomas Jenkins (Penrith) some early release options like Dene Mariner (Broncos), Sean Russel (Eels) or hopefully Josh Feledy is ready to go.

5 - another available position in my opinion, some of the above suggestions may work as a winger - I'd also suggest Warbrick at the Storm if they plan to move Meany to wing and he misses out. My #1 target would be Tyrell Sloane - yes I'm aware he wants to be a fullback but he's a prototype speedy winger and would be a game changer for us.

6 - Adam Douihei - #6 is his best position and with a safe 7 outside him , im sure he can go to another level. Needs to work on defence and whatnot but he is contracted for 2024 so he makes the team, for now.

7 - Dodd from St Helens would be nice... or Gee Willy, George Williams - Aiden Sezar is my pick but... Ron Volkman would be great too. We need a smart, organisational halfback which we've been missing for too long. This is a costly recruitment however it's the key to unlocking everything.

10 - Alex Twal - work horse front rower, hold the fort and get through the early minutes hard work.

11 - Papalii'i - safe

12 - AJ Kepoa - safe

Bench

15 - Jackson Topine (Bulldogs) Sheens like utility , can probably play centre 6, 9, backrow and lock. Would be a great addition to the team.

17 Fonua Pole - impact forward from the bench, seen what he can do and he is great.

1 Kaeo Weekes
2 Jnr Tupou
3 Brent Naden
4 Kayal Iro
5 Tyrell Sloane
6 AD
7 Sezar
8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Twal
11 Papalii
12 AJ
13 Bateman

14 Topine
15 Pole
16 Blore
17 Utoikamanu
Doueihi at 6, sorry bud you lost us all with that one! Doueihi after to acls won’t put his body on the line! Game over, it’s centre or 14 for me.

11 - Papalii'i - safe

12 - AJ Kepoa - safe

Bench

1 Kaeo Weekes
2 Jnr Tupou
3 Brent Naden
4 Kayal Iro
5 Tyrell Sloane
6 AD
7 Sezar
8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Twal
11 Papalii
12 AJ
13 Bateman

14 Topine
15 Pole
16 Blore
17 Utoikamanu
The recruits you mentioned are gettable... wouldn't cost mega dollars, although you'd be willing to pay a little overs for someone like Sloane who is being touted as a future star and highly rated...

Doueihi at 6, sorry bud you lost us all with that one! Doueihi after to acls won’t put his body on the line! Game over, it’s centre or 14 for me.
Our issue with centre which has been prevalent for years is a lack of pace...

We want some speed in our backline.

I'd want more toughness from my 14 too, essentially a Ray Stone type. A backrower than can slot in at hooker. Elijah Taylor style.

I'm identifying ways to improve the roster overall for 2024, with AD having a contract - I'd be persisting with him at #6 - which is probably what we'd be doing this year if the coach wasn't so desperate to keep Brooks happy/ in the team.

The recruits you mentioned are gettable... wouldn't cost mega dollars, although you'd be willing to pay a little overs for someone like Sloane who is being touted as a future star and highly rated...
Sloane would be the big ticket signing.

I like him at wing but he provides the option of filling at fullback IF needed...

Not sure how much he'd be asking but I'd take the punt... give him Nofos salary.

11 - Papalii'i - safe

12 - AJ Kepoa - safe

Bench

1 Kaeo Weekes
2 Jnr Tupou
3 Brent Naden
4 Kayal Iro
5 Tyrell Sloane
6 AD
7 Sezar
8 Klemmer
9 Api
10 Twal
11 Papalii
12 AJ
13 Bateman

14 Topine
15 Pole
16 Blore
17 Utoikamanu

It’s very clear AD isn’t in the plans as a 5/8th, they view Brooks above him which is saying something. No halfback will solve AD’s massive flaws and weaknesses. Know you love him but if he is starting side in a key position we are shot.

Reactions: 851
It’s very clear AD isn’t in the plans as a 5/8th, they view Brooks above him which is saying something. No halfback will solve AD’s massive flaws and weaknesses. Know you love him but if he is starting side in a key position we are shot.
I hear you.

I do NOT like him at fullback at all.
If he isn't 6 - they should make his dreams come true and let him captain the magpies in 2024 and not extend him beyond that.

With those suggestions, we have some room to move.. Kaeo Weekes to 6, Connor Tracey, etc etc.

We need to strengthen our spine and I'm all for improvements.

Volkman 7

Blake Taffe, 1

Couple of realisticoptions

Volkman 7

Blake Taffe, 1

Volkman 7

Blake Taffe, 1

Volkman 7

Blake Taffe, 1

7. Brad Scneider (2024)

1. Tyrell Sloane (2025) / Kaeo Weeks (2024)

Also realistic options and potentially available in nearish future.

Joey Manu for 2025 to play anywhere would be game changing marquee signing.

I hear you.

I do NOT like him at fullback at all.
If he isn't 6 - they should make his dreams come true and let him captain the magpies in 2024 and not extend him beyond that.

With those suggestions, we have some room to move.. Kaeo Weekes to 6, Connor Tracey, etc etc.

We need to strengthen our spine and I'm all for improvements.

My views right now is if they don’t step up reggies or release time happens.

We can’t carry these average players anymore, we take a punt on some kids or get quality.

Yeah sure we can get the view the market is bare but in 2yrs time on current projections it’s going to be worse as a few top halves will be mid-late 30s. There has to be talent waiting for a crack that someone needs to take a punt with. We are in prime position not just to take a punt but if it pulls off to keep them on a high end contract also.

Like some of your recommendations.
Weekes has a heap of upside

Whats people thoughts on Bryce Cartwright as a ball playing13... Would come somewhat cheap, plays eyes up footy and a threat with the ball, his defence has improved as well.
off contract 23

Where is Volkmann stuck behind walker at roosters? Then let brooks and ad compete for 6 until there contracts run out

Not sure if it's already been posted yet but still thought I'd share as there's some George Williams talk on thread.

"I'm really enjoying my time here at Warrington, and I'll definitely be here this year and next year, and then I'll see what the future holds.

"But I'm really enjoying myself here at the moment. We're winning, and the fanbase has been unbelievable over the last six weeks, so hopefully we can keep winning for them, and who knows what happens in the future.

"I definitely wouldn't write it off [a return to Australia]. You've got to explore your options, but I've got 18 months left on my contract and I've got a while until then.

Members online

Back