Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I kinda think he may have some underlying mental issues that have never been fully addressed( seriously). We expect things that he doesn’t fully understand or is capable of.
The best 7s have a thinking brain and weigh up the options. He doesn’t seem able to do that.
Not our Lukey, let’s try and do the impossible rather than do the small things well.
Like I keep saying, pay him out and wish him well. Enough is enough.
Come on Lee, make the big call !!!
As bad as he is, there's absolutely no point in cutting his contract early and paying him out. We definitely shouldn't be renewing him past this year, but no way is it feasible to end his contract early. As others have mentioned, he's crap (as much as it pains me to say this) but he's the best half we have.

Unfortunately we have to endure this crap for the rest of the year.

As bad as he is, there's absolutely no point in cutting his contract early and paying him out. We definitely shouldn't be renewing him past this year, but no way is it feasible to end his contract early. As others have mentioned, he's crap (as much as it pains me to say this) but he's the best half we have.

So far he has what 0 try assists 0 linebreak assists and 0 linebreaks for the season, I'm prob wrong but so far cant remember him setting up anything. Also think he's a bit dirty for not being allowed to go to Newcastle. Same as Douhi, been kicking stones since he was refused time in Melbourne last year. Reckon him not getting the captaincy this year over Api has just made him clock off, reckon they've both given.up on the joint and just want out. Reckon Douhi signed the extension to buy more time to increase his value and give him more time to find somewhere else. Reckon so far both their N.R.L careers are dead in the water if they don't.get their heads in the game and pull their socks up.

But is he the best half we have ? When was his last MOTM performance.
I’m just saying in a corporate environment he would be gone, so why not WT ?
Or at least dropped so he can collect his dough but not impact the first team. It may even lift some spirits.
I think Wakeham should be given a shot at 7, not 6, and maybe the partnership with Doueihi may blossom.
Why not try ? We have absolutely nothing to lose.

But is he the best half we have ? When was his last MOTM performance.
I’m just saying in a corporate environment he would be gone, so why not WT ?
Or at least dropped so he can collect his dough but not impact the first team. It may even lift some spirits.
I think Wakeham should be given a shot at 7, not 6, and maybe the partnership with Doueihi may blossom.
Why not try ? We have absolutely nothing to lose.
Fully agree!

We scored 3 tries in reggies off Will Smith kicks and he's the only bloke that hasn't been given a crack.
I'm not sure if he's eligible but if he isn't surely we could use the "there's no other player at the club that plays halfback" reason that allowed Bula to be named in the squad.
I mean it's true right?
Said Smith could be the Smokey for me this year , he needs to be made available to play top grade how ever and what ever it takes , he is better than Wakeman

If we had problems signing quality players before, the jersey fiasco is a nail in the coffin .

So far he has what 0 try assists 0 linebreak assists and 0 linebreaks for the season, I'm prob wrong but so far cant remember him setting up anything. Also think he's a bit dirty for not being allowed to go to Newcastle. Same as Douhi, been kicking stones since he was refused time in Melbourne last year. Reckon him not getting the captaincy this year over Api has just made him clock off, reckon they've both given.up on the joint and just want out. Reckon Douhi signed the extension to buy more time to increase his value and give him more time to find somewhere else. Reckon so far both their N.R.L careers are dead in the water if they don't.get their heads in the game and pull their socks up.
True - my worry is more that the only viable halfback we'd be left with is wakeham, and he hasn't really inspired a lot of confidence apart from that 15 min spell a few weeks ago.

Back