Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Probably doesn’t look good on Pascoe’s ledger.
If it's done properly, Pascoe wouldn't have anything to do with it, just be A.Ds decision after Sheens has a quiet word telling him to walk away for 18 months when you come back ill offer you another year or two to help u get back on your feet for helping the club

Seasons already over, I want to see youngsters blooded into FG by round 10. Give Tupou and Kepaoa an extended run on the left together. Ease Bula into FG on the wing, and eventually get him over to fullback. Give Taasi James a spot off the bench. Move Matamua into the lock position, and move Pole back to the bench (he was more effective there last season). Give Rua the utility spot instead of Simpkin. Also Staines should be re-signed based on what he's been giving us, he's good fullback and wing cover and it turns out the Peachey trade was a very smart move.

Do you think an untried kid will improve our side that much ? And that's before we find out if he's even competitive at the NRL level.
I’d be sticking with Staines at least for the next 2 months just from a continuity perspective. There’s enough forced change with AD and Naden already without creating more than we have to

Not really sure what thread this is we are supposed to be supporters but all I see is 7000 thousand pages of brooks bagging and 1;770 pages of the bagging the coach or some other player, no wonder team has no confidence it would be nice to see a positive post

Not really sure what thread this is we are supposed to be supporters but all I see is 7000 thousand pages of brooks bagging and 1;770 pages of the bagging the coach or some other player, no wonder team has no confidence it would be nice to see a positive post
I am positive we will win the wooden spoon this year 😂
Dad joke 101!

Seasons already over, I want to see youngsters blooded into FG by round 10. Give Tupou and Kepaoa an extended run on the left together. Ease Bula into FG on the wing, and eventually get him over to fullback. Give Taasi James a spot off the bench. Move Matamua into the lock position, and move Pole back to the bench (he was more effective there last season). Give Rua the utility spot instead of Simpkin. Also Staines should be re-signed based on what he's been giving us, he's good fullback and wing cover and it turns out the Peachey trade was a very smart move.
Young ones young say … Rua is older than Simpkin for a start

Reactions: 851
I agree. He was on a pre-season T&T contract and now NSW Cup. I believe he is 21 as he was our SG Ball Back of the Year in 2021. Drawn comparisons with Sharks' Talakai due to his small powerful stature.

I hope we persevere with him. He needs to involve himself more which may be confidence thing and can be prone to defensive lapses but we need to remember he's only 21. What I was impressed with yesterday was his footwork & his speed. If he has the determination to succeed and we put the time into him, he could be a very destructive powerful centre moving forward.
Thanks for that update , he is was awesome yesterday but he needed more ball , ur right he could be are talakai

Agree with your point on game time.

Jake Arthur was 18th man for NRL and still played 80 minutes of Cup right before the game.
And this is how professional clubs develop players, especially when the nsw cup game is being played as a curtain raiser.
If it's played at the same time at a different location then of course it's impossible, but that should never happen for this exact reason.

Reactions: 851
See Greg Inglis. AD announces he is stepping away from the game and Tigers get cap relief.

Nothing stopping AD changing his mind.

Outside of the box thinking mate, you’ve supported Pascoe too long.

See your Greg Inglis - Raise you a Josh Jackson - Bulldogs - Retired (Last Year)
still had 1/3 of his money put toward the cap.

Site Pascoe all you like - Gus couldn't even swindle it....
And Josh Jackson has been around since they put Christ on a Cross...
AD is 24 - You're dead set dreaming (Or inventing excuses to shine your Boots on old mate)

No they wouldn't and no they didn't....
You can't get any dispensation when they've played for you in that season, Unless they retire
- even then it's not likely.

If the player hadn't played this year there's been ways around it (In the past), It's not always a given - But it has happened.
But not when they've played. (Especially for 1/4 of the season) No chance.
I think the Dragons are getting raped re: Ramsey - Doesn't look like he'll play at all this year and they're not saving a nickel.
Knowing the illness the young man is suffering from it’s a travesty there’s no salary cap relief for him. Sometimes the NRL just leave me speechless.

You should work at the tigers with creative facts like that. Forgot to mention he’s employed by the Bulldogs and they have appealed that decision. Only adds to my argument that other clubs management don’t leave stones unturned when it comes to winning.

Which fact did I "create" exactly?
Knowing the illness the young man is suffering from it’s a travesty there’s no salary cap relief for him. Sometimes the NRL just leave me speechless.
Why would there be? And if there was - Where would it end? (He's not the first player to do an ACL?)
And which clubs would you see it OK to get the same reasoning?

I can only imagine your uproar if Manly got to pay Turbo half his Wage a year cause he only plays half the games with dodgy Hammys... Or Roosters got NRL cap relief with Cordners head knocks.

Injurys are part of the game, That's why there's squads of 30 and not 17
(And a cap to pay the squad accordingly)

I've been positive after yesterday. Brooks killing it.

I mean the club would have to work out a way to pay two players and Pascoe’s big claim is he’s got the club financially sound. I’d argue that’s often at the expense of on field success. e.g. home games in QLD and NZ.
I'd imagine all the away games would be a major reason how the club can run at a profit, will be interesting to see how things go if we return to our 2 home grounds in the future as was discussed at some stage in the pre season.

Which fact did I "create" exactly?

Why would there be? And if there was - Where would it end? (He's not the first player to do an ACL?)
And which clubs would you see it OK to get the same reasoning?

I can only imagine your uproar if Manly got to pay Turbo half his Wage a year cause he only plays half the games with dodgy Hammys... Or Roosters got NRL cap relief with Cordners head knocks.

Injurys are part of the game, That's why there's squads of 30 and not 17
(And a cap to pay the squad accordingly)
Not sure what you’re talking about champ. Not sure you even know yourself. Have a rest.

Not sure what you’re talking about champ. Not sure you even know yourself. Have a rest.

Ahh... You're talking about Ramsay?
I mentioned him in the Doueihi cap relief talk - Didn't realise you're on him not AD...
Cheers,

Latest posts

Back