Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I agree. He was on a pre-season T&T contract and now NSW Cup. I believe he is 21 as he was our SG Ball Back of the Year in 2021. Drawn comparisons with Sharks' Talakai due to his small powerful stature.

I hope we persevere with him. He needs to involve himself more which may be confidence thing and can be prone to defensive lapses but we need to remember he's only 21. What I was impressed with yesterday was his footwork & his speed. If he has the determination to succeed and we put the time into him, he could be a very destructive powerful centre moving forward.
His issue has always been laziness. Doesn't get involved, switches off in defence. But the same can be said for our current centres. He's potentially an upgrade on Kepaoa, who is a pretty poor centre though.

Just curious what we do from here on in, now Douhi is out. I'm assuming Brooks 6, he started playing footy yesterday finally so I'd leave him there, I'd throw Wakeham in and re-evaluate him as our controlling half till round 10. Otherwise I'll give Smith a crack. Whoever it is needs a few weeks he can't just keep playing musical chairs.
I'd throw out the line to other backup halves at other clubs (Trindall for example) and offer them more cash and the opportunity to play every week for the rest of the year with a view to upgrade etc...

Given the lack of halves in our roster i wonder if Matamua would get any time there? Currently Sheens is doing his best to destroy the kids's future, he's played one match (and a handful of minutes at that) in the last month.
He simply must be playing 80 mins every week in NSW Cup, or at least 30 off the bench in the NRL.

And we wonder why we can't develop younger players.

Given the lack of halves in our roster i wonder if Matamua would get any time there? Currently Sheens is doing his best to destroy the kids's future, he's played one match (and a handful of minutes at that) in the last month.
He simply must be playing 80 mins every week in NSW Cup, or at least 30 off the bench in the NRL.

And we wonder why we can't develop younger players.
Agree with your point on game time.

Jake Arthur was 18th man for NRL and still played 80 minutes of Cup right before the game.

There should a story in the paper today saying Wests Tigers have successfully applied for cap relief and are actively pursuing options to replace AD. That’s how you give fans hope Pascoe.
Why are we getting cap relief? Pretty sure we would only get it if douehi is medically retired. Other teams are struggling to field 17 players and my understanding is there is no cap relief but approval to play train and trial or development players

Roosters would make it happen. Bulldogs did it earlier this year by removing someone from their squad.

No they wouldn't and no they didn't....
You can't get any dispensation when they've played for you in that season, Unless they retire
- even then it's not likely.

If the player hadn't played this year there's been ways around it (In the past), It's not always a given - But it has happened.
But not when they've played. (Especially for 1/4 of the season) No chance.
I think the Dragons are getting raped re: Ramsey - Doesn't look like he'll play at all this year and they're not saving a nickel.

I'd throw out the line to other backup halves at other clubs (Trindall for example) and offer them more cash and the opportunity to play every week for the rest of the year with a view to upgrade etc...
Common sense would be to exactly that, though if Sheens and Marshall are hell bent to bring Williams to the club then we will prob just have a stitched up side till then. But I'm with you, if I'm in charge I'm offering Trindall 400 - 450k for two years with an auto 3rd year if we make finals. If not re-evaluate and search elsewhere or just upgrade him outright. He has proven himself in the N.R.L and can do a really great.job for us.

See Greg Inglis. AD announces he is stepping away from the game and Tigers get cap relief.

Nothing stopping AD changing his mind.

Outside of the box thinking mate, you’ve supported Pascoe too long.
100 percent, a well run joint would do this. A.D says he needs time away after being devastated by a 3rd injury, we still do his rehab as per our contractual obligations to him and we use the freed up spot and money to sign someone else.

Probably doesn’t look good on Pascoe’s ledger.
If it's done properly, Pascoe wouldn't have anything to do with it, just be A.Ds decision after Sheens has a quiet word telling him to walk away for 18 months when you come back ill offer you another year or two to help u get back on your feet for helping the club

Seasons already over, I want to see youngsters blooded into FG by round 10. Give Tupou and Kepaoa an extended run on the left together. Ease Bula into FG on the wing, and eventually get him over to fullback. Give Taasi James a spot off the bench. Move Matamua into the lock position, and move Pole back to the bench (he was more effective there last season). Give Rua the utility spot instead of Simpkin. Also Staines should be re-signed based on what he's been giving us, he's good fullback and wing cover and it turns out the Peachey trade was a very smart move.

Do you think an untried kid will improve our side that much ? And that's before we find out if he's even competitive at the NRL level.
I’d be sticking with Staines at least for the next 2 months just from a continuity perspective. There’s enough forced change with AD and Naden already without creating more than we have to

Not really sure what thread this is we are supposed to be supporters but all I see is 7000 thousand pages of brooks bagging and 1;770 pages of the bagging the coach or some other player, no wonder team has no confidence it would be nice to see a positive post

Not really sure what thread this is we are supposed to be supporters but all I see is 7000 thousand pages of brooks bagging and 1;770 pages of the bagging the coach or some other player, no wonder team has no confidence it would be nice to see a positive post
I am positive we will win the wooden spoon this year 😂
Dad joke 101!

Seasons already over, I want to see youngsters blooded into FG by round 10. Give Tupou and Kepaoa an extended run on the left together. Ease Bula into FG on the wing, and eventually get him over to fullback. Give Taasi James a spot off the bench. Move Matamua into the lock position, and move Pole back to the bench (he was more effective there last season). Give Rua the utility spot instead of Simpkin. Also Staines should be re-signed based on what he's been giving us, he's good fullback and wing cover and it turns out the Peachey trade was a very smart move.
Young ones young say … Rua is older than Simpkin for a start

Reactions: 851
I agree. He was on a pre-season T&T contract and now NSW Cup. I believe he is 21 as he was our SG Ball Back of the Year in 2021. Drawn comparisons with Sharks' Talakai due to his small powerful stature.

I hope we persevere with him. He needs to involve himself more which may be confidence thing and can be prone to defensive lapses but we need to remember he's only 21. What I was impressed with yesterday was his footwork & his speed. If he has the determination to succeed and we put the time into him, he could be a very destructive powerful centre moving forward.
Thanks for that update , he is was awesome yesterday but he needed more ball , ur right he could be are talakai

Agree with your point on game time.

Jake Arthur was 18th man for NRL and still played 80 minutes of Cup right before the game.
And this is how professional clubs develop players, especially when the nsw cup game is being played as a curtain raiser.
If it's played at the same time at a different location then of course it's impossible, but that should never happen for this exact reason.

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Staff online

Back