Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The NRL will not go near it as it is a player choice , yes $ 700/750 is unders but he only has to say I don’t want to play for raiders I want to play with Trell , case closed
You'd play there for nothing, just the satisfaction of being with quality people like Cody Walker and good old Trell would be payment enough.

Glory, glory gee Souffs shit me.

I know there is a huge difference between our talent and the Roosters. However, Walker looks set to be dropped to reserve grade due to back to back losses. Our #7 survives over and over again with how many losses? Shows a difference in expectation between a successful club and losertown.
Sadly yes this ^^^

I dont understand how Souths escape the salary cap 'rorting' scruitany. To me they are far more suss then Easts. It appears players magically want to play there for less after a visit to Rustys farm, funny how that happens.
Yep Rusty’s farm, Nick’s golf days, what hope does the rest of us have. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous. The Eastern Suburbs rule The NRL!

Why shouldn't players be allowed to go where they want even if it's less than offered elsewhere?
The question to you is.
You are a Rugby League player, your earning life expectancy in the game to earn money that may have to provide you with a living pretty much for the rest of your life would be maybe 10 to 14 years if you are lucky,
Explains why you would definately not go to a club that is going to pay you one million dollars less for the next 3 years than the club you are currently playing for.

Or at least to another club for same money or a little bit more.

You’d have to think the Broncs would be his most likely landing spot if he leaves and given his family’s criticism of the Roosters attacking structure they may be trying to make that a reality
Even though this is pure rumour.

Just shows how pathetic we are for persisting with under performing players for years.

Culture and standards are what separate us from the properly run clubs.

The question to you is.
You are a Rugby League player, your earning life expectancy in the game to earn money that may have to provide you with a living pretty much for the rest of your life would be maybe 10 to 14 years if you are lucky,
Explains why you would definately not go to a club that is going to pay you one million dollars less for the next 3 years than the club you are currently playing for.

Or at least to another club for same money or a little bit more.
Me personally?
Hard to get my head around $750k pa or $1.1m pa.... I'd probably take more but I'd be more than happy with 750...if he has good advice he could make the lower amount work for him well for a lifetime
Maybe he really does just wanna win a comp and feels he's more chance at south's the Canberra.
Money isn't everything to everyone

True. But they also have suitable 1st graders to replace him. We have 2 reserve graders to pick from.
What would you prefer, a halfback who might help you win a game, might be inexperienced but will try his best, wouldnt it be worth a try, or do we just keep playing a half, that has proven how his bad play helps our opponents every time he is in the team, a proven loser with a 10 year record of helping our team lose.

I think I worked out why we have not got and decent players as yet , it’s because we are to busy chasing reserve grade people like wakeham and cherrington , I wish whoever is in charge gets of there arse and chase some of the players that have been mentioned on this forum, before we get into double figure loses

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back