Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Wests and Balmain fans of old don't hate each other; well none that I know anyway. My old Wests and Balmain mates all follow WT now. As there aren't two entities in ownership we all have a mutual disrespect for the way our club has been mismanaged.

I don't think that is quite the same in the Dragons tent - definitely two entities pulling in different directions there.
The irony is the only real thing that has merged the Magpies and Balmain fans into one, hasn't been the onfield performance not even winning the 2005 premiership did it, it was our mutual hatred for the way the clubs been run and the parasites at the top.

NO. JUST NO. Honestly only tigers supporters would settle for this. When do you ever hear about cleary, teddy, Cam smith ect battling attitude and weight issues. They are full time highly paid professional athletes they have all the high performance and Nutritional support money can buy, if they are having these issues 10 years into a career thats attitude. We dont need these kind of players did we learn nothing from joey leilua honestly
Who's not putting in ?

I think it is a top 30 as the article mentions he will be putting pressure on jake for the back up hooker role

“He will start his second coming at the Tigers in the NSW Cup but is expected to put pressure on Simpkin for the back-up hooking role as the season unfolds.”
Players outside the 30 can play NRL from Round 11 onwards.

That’s why it says “as the season unfolds”.

if I were Sheens and Marshall, I'd be watching this Sam Walker situation very closely. he is exactly what we want in a halfback for this style of football. don't let Robinson's inability to develop halves fool you. he is a gem.
Sam Walker dropped after back to back losses.

WT persisting with Brooks after 16 straight losses.

There’s the difference.

If you were ranking coaches it would be (imo)
Level 1: Bennett, Bellamy
Level 2; Robinson, Cleary
Level 3: Fitzgibbon, Walters ( improvers)
Than all others.
I’d agree on most bar Cleary and that’s only because I can’t stand the pea heart lol

It is rather funny that a player, under contract and generally loved by his club, gets dropped for a single game and suddenly he becomes a recruitment target in some eyes.

Sam Walker will be at the Roosters for a very, very long time.
that club has a tendency to discard players on a hair trigger. if he begins to become restless then we need to look into it. that's all I'm saying. I fully expect him to stay at the chooks also, but hey, best to observe.

If you were ranking coaches it would be (imo)
Level 1: Bennett, Bellamy
Level 2; Robinson, Cleary
Level 3: Fitzgibbon, Walters ( improvers)
Then all others.
I reckon Roy Masters deserves at least a level 2 mention Halbrowne61 on the 'all-time great coaches list'.
But I do understand your list is for current coaches :)

We need to find a spine including a 13 and stick with them.

The 13 is a big issue isn't? We looked great last year when we had a ball playing 13. I'm confused why Sheens has gone away from this plan. If Hastings stayed, that's what he would have done, so why change the approach?

A 3rd front rower just doesn't work for our halves, so IMO it's a no brainer to get in a 13 that helps them.

Seyfarth is used completely wrong by Sheens. He is a good ball player, has a really nice ability to engage the line and link with other forwards or out the back to the halves. He isn't a big go forward type, he is a ball player who will play tough, massive motor and will tackle everything. He and Matamua are the obvious "link man" type to throw in.
The other other option is to start with Bateman at lock. He won't play that traditional link role, he plays high energy unpredictable footy that opens up space to play off for our halves.

It's interesting that we seem to attack better once Bateman moves into the middle, but for some reason Sheens can't see this and waits 30 minutes before making the move.

The coaching staff have got our attack approach so wrong it's heartbreaking.

I think it is a top 30 as the article mentions he will be putting pressure on jake for the back up hooker role

“He will start his second coming at the Tigers in the NSW Cup but is expected to put pressure on Simpkin for the back-up hooking role as the season unfolds.”
He wasn’t putting any pressure on the starting hooker for the jets in Qcup , and their coming last , wouldn’t be to worried if I was Jake

The irony is the only real thing that has merged the Magpies and Balmain fans into one, hasn't been the onfield performance not even winning the 2005 premiership did it, it was our mutual hatred for the way the clubs been run and the parasites at the top.
100%

It is rather funny that a player, under contract and generally loved by his club, gets dropped for a single game and suddenly he becomes a recruitment target in some eyes.

Sam Walker will be at the Roosters for a very, very long time.

Really? They don't tolerate underperformance for a great deal of time, and will always clear the decks for something better.

The 13 is a big issue isn't? We looked great last year when we had a ball playing 13. I'm confused why Sheens has gone away from this plan. If Hastings stayed, that's what he would have done, so why change the approach?

A 3rd front rower just doesn't work for our halves, so IMO it's a no brainer to get in a 13 that helps them.

Seyfarth is used completely wrong by Sheens. He is a good ball player, has a really nice ability to engage the line and link with other forwards or out the back to the halves. He isn't a big go forward type, he is a ball player who will play tough, massive motor and will tackle everything. He and Matamua are the obvious "link man" type to throw in.
The other other option is to start with Bateman at lock. He won't play that traditional link role, he plays high energy unpredictable footy that opens up space to play off for our halves.

It's interesting that we seem to attack better once Bateman moves into the middle, but for some reason Sheens can't see this and waits 30 minutes before making the move.

Bateman in the 13, Blore and Papali'i in the second row. Pole off the bench.

Either that or give Matamua time in the 13, have Blore and Pole come off the bench.

Agree.

I think this also another reason why our halves have been performing so badly. While Brooks and Wakeham are not up to NRL, the issue is heightened because we have no 13 taking pressure off. With no ball playing fullback we're relying on props and second rowers passing the ball under pressure which leads to more errors.

Back