Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

STAR'S 'SECOND COMING' AT TIGERS​

Former Junior Kiwis captain Manaia Cherrington has rejoined the Wests Tigers - effective immediately.

A talented hooker who played 16 games for the club in 2015-16, Cherrington has spent the past couple of seasons at Ipswich in the Queensland Cup.

The 28-year-old has moved back to Sydney for personal reasons and will add depth to the Tigers in the hooking spot behind Api Koroisau and Jake Simpkin.

He will start his second coming at the Tigers in the NSW Cup but is expected to put pressure on Simpkin for the back-up hooking role as the season unfolds.
some actual signing news!
lets hope he can find his feet again.

No. The cap is meant to help clubs protect themselves... So they say
Yeah 100 percent, like I said in an earlier post when it was originally designed it was done so with a draft system in place as a way to balance the talent out, but after Terry Hill challenged the draft on a restraint of trade all we have to rely on now is the salary cap.

Here is idea I was thinking about...

Should be like the NFL a bit and if a player wants to leave the current club they go to the lowest ranking team that wants him or the new club pays what the current club wants to pay him as a min..

Alot to work out in this but just an idea to help lower teams like the salary cap should be doing but its not.

Or the lower club makes a binding offer that another club needs to match. That might stop this “I’m taking a pay cut to win a comp” rubbish…

Just a thought and suggestion we should throw ash Taylor and reserve grade contract the bloke has plenty of talent

he could just never get it all together Maby spending a year away from footy has brought a desire to succeed back to him

I know he was medically retired but I think warriors and him were both looking for a way out of the contract
I dunno Finzo Taylor just reeks too much of another Brooks for my liking. I do think this team needs an experienced half rather than another unproven prospect, but I think Hunt would be a better option. He’s had his ups and downs, but when he’s on fire he is very very good and better than Taylor has ever been.

I dont understand how Souths escape the salary cap 'rorting' scruitany. To me they are far more suss then Easts. It appears players magically want to play there for less after a visit to Rustys farm, funny how that happens.
If it is permitted by the NRL administration then it’s not rorting really.
NRL is a public company, generating profit. It produces entertainment and is like any other tv show. The integrity of the competition itself is essentially for PR, and only bears relevance in regards to how it contributes to achieving said profit and entertainment goals.

Look around, there is no whistleblowing, which can only mean everyone is in on it, duly playing their part in the show.
Once upon a time I was young and naive enough to believe WWE was real too.

Last edited:
Any truth Benji Marshall is on the comeback trail ?
Don't laff .. !! He might be used as a stand in 5/8 for a while .. till we can find a 5/8 or half who's prepared to come to the Tigers .. !!

The name Kurt Falls keeps popping out around the traps as a possibility for the remainder of the year ..

Last edited:
The only redeeming thing about him leaving Wests was it completely torpedoed his rep career. Still got reasonable money for years at Cronulla after being moved on by the Dogs but if he had any aspirations to continue on with his International and SOO career it basically blew up after he left us.
True but at least he got to play in a finals series.

Reactions: 851
I dunno Finzo Taylor just reeks too much of another Brooks for my liking. I do think this team needs an experienced half rather than another unproven prospect, but I think Hunt would be a better option. He’s had his ups and downs, but when he’s on fire he is very very good and better than Taylor has ever been.
Oh yeah don’t get me wrong I’d take hunt over Taylor any day I was just trying to come up with some out of the box thinking to solve our halfs issues

The NRL will not go near it as it is a player choice , yes $ 700/750 is unders but he only has to say I don’t want to play for raiders I want to play with Trell , case closed
You'd play there for nothing, just the satisfaction of being with quality people like Cody Walker and good old Trell would be payment enough.

Glory, glory gee Souffs shit me.

I know there is a huge difference between our talent and the Roosters. However, Walker looks set to be dropped to reserve grade due to back to back losses. Our #7 survives over and over again with how many losses? Shows a difference in expectation between a successful club and losertown.
Sadly yes this ^^^

I dont understand how Souths escape the salary cap 'rorting' scruitany. To me they are far more suss then Easts. It appears players magically want to play there for less after a visit to Rustys farm, funny how that happens.
Yep Rusty’s farm, Nick’s golf days, what hope does the rest of us have. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous. The Eastern Suburbs rule The NRL!

Why shouldn't players be allowed to go where they want even if it's less than offered elsewhere?
The question to you is.
You are a Rugby League player, your earning life expectancy in the game to earn money that may have to provide you with a living pretty much for the rest of your life would be maybe 10 to 14 years if you are lucky,
Explains why you would definately not go to a club that is going to pay you one million dollars less for the next 3 years than the club you are currently playing for.

Or at least to another club for same money or a little bit more.

You’d have to think the Broncs would be his most likely landing spot if he leaves and given his family’s criticism of the Roosters attacking structure they may be trying to make that a reality
Even though this is pure rumour.

Just shows how pathetic we are for persisting with under performing players for years.

Culture and standards are what separate us from the properly run clubs.

Back