Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A couple weeks ago at full time after the panthers game either Yvonne or Cronk had asked Brooks what was said by the coach at half time. He said he couldn't really remember, he wasn't really listening. I don't know how nobody picked up on this, he looks like a bloke who doesn't know the gameplan and now we know why.

We should be comparing it to the Ben Hunt interview after we beat them, he was well spoken and straight to the point. Our forwards have leaders, now our backs need one and he is the perfect choice.
Like I’ve said before there’s not much between his ears other than air.

A couple weeks ago at full time after the panthers game either Yvonne or Cronk had asked Brooks what was said by the coach at half time. He said he couldn't really remember, he wasn't really listening. I don't know how nobody picked up on this, he looks like a bloke who doesn't know the gameplan and now we know why.

We should be comparing it to the Ben Hunt interview after we beat them, he was well spoken and straight to the point. Our forwards have leaders, now our backs need one and he is the perfect choice.
Like I’ve said before( and I hate to say this) but ive always thought listening to Brooks that he has some minor mental issues, and concentration/ understanding are just two. Communication is another big one !

Like I’ve said before( and I hate to say this) but ive always thought listening to Brooks that he has some minor mental issues, and concentration/ understanding are just two. Communication is another big one !

Like I’ve said before there’s not much between his ears other than air.

Geez guys. You call yourselves supporters? Really unnecessary, disgraceful comments.

They'd just won their first game in about 12 games when he was asked that question. There are plenty of reasons to be critical of Brooks, but this is just being petty.

Geez guys. You call yourselves supporters? Really unnecessary, disgraceful comments.

I really hate to speak on this topic as the amount of people diagnosing others on the internet is insane, however I will make one comment. This year I was diagnosed with ADHD / Autism, I am now 24 and have been struggling with my concentration / understanding since I was about midway through high school, before then I was put in all of the "gifted" classes. I was going to have to retake year 12 when I achieved a mystery mark for my ATAR but got into a good course with a good university that required an 85 ATAR purely from the potential that was noted in every report card I have ever had. When the university placed me on my bachelors certificate they noted I had learning difficulties and gave me a list of every support system they had available to me as they knew I was going to need it. I was going to drop out in 2020, I had only attended 4 units as I could not for the life of me take in any of the content even though I REALLY wanted to. Then covid shifted classes online and changed the way they taught. I am going to graduate this year and have found university to be a breeze since.

I am sure many of you do not watch Dr K on YouTube, he is a Harvard graduate who discusses a lot of mental health conversations. One of these topics is that gifted kids are special needs, and it is a very in depth topic (Happy to provide links if any interest). To put it basically, in our younger years we are taught very differently than we are in our teenage years. This has an unintended effect on the "gifted" kids, as we respond VERY well to the way we are taught early in life but drop off massively midway through highschool when the way the content is delivered changed massively.

I do not know how to explain what I want to properly but Brooks looks like a passenger in his own mind. When you look at him it is like the person is behind the eyes, and that is how I feel about myself. While I do not condone diagnosing other people, I do not think it is unsupportive "unnecessary and disgraceful" to have a civil discussion regarding it on a discussion board. I would apply that to the comment of him having nothing behind the ears though.

They'd just won their first game in about 12 games when he was asked that question. There are plenty of reasons to be critical of Brooks, but this is just being petty.
I have long thought brooks looks like he does not know the gameplan, it has looked that way since madge came in. The comment about not really remembering what the coach had said as he wasn't listening made me feel like this is how it has been for a while. It isn't like we are known for winning, we haven't made the 8 in years so I highly doubt our losing streak had anything to do with what he said. Brooks is one of our best players whenever the gameplan is simple which I do not think is a coincidence. We need a voice in there that simplifies the game for him, I am not opposed to him as a 6 but he can't be our 7

I have long thought brooks looks like he does not know the gameplan, it has looked that way since madge came in. The comment about not really remembering what the coach had said as he wasn't listening made me feel like this is how it has been for a while. It isn't like we are known for winning, we haven't made the 8 in years so I highly doubt our losing streak had anything to do with what he said. Brooks is one of our best players whenever the gameplan is simple which I do not think is a coincidence. We need a voice in there that simplifies the game for him, I am not opposed to him as a 6 but he can't be our 7
I don't think he said he wasn't listening? Pretty sure he just said he couldn't remember.

You may well disagree H but just my observations obviously shared by at least one other.
I am a very loyal and strong supporter but I’ve held that belief about Brooks for sometime, and it seems like he continually reinforces it.

Reactions: 851
No he definitely said he couldn't remember because he wasn't really listening. My partner and I were sat there with our jaws on the floor in shock from what we had just heard, we even rewound it just to confirm.
Gee, there's some dumb comments on here. If you reckon he didn't follow the game plan to a tee, then you're the one with issue. He doesn't need to disclose what the talk was about at half time to the media, or to you. You only have to see the conversations he was having at half time as well as the execution of that game plan, which was just about perfect.

Gee, there's some dumb comments on here. If you reckon he didn't follow the game plan to a tee, then you're the one with issue. He doesn't need to disclose what the talk was about at half time to the media, or to you. You only have to see the conversations he was having at half time as well as the execution of that game plan, which was just about perfect.
Please do not call my comment dumb and then come at me with a dumb comment. He does not need to disclose it, but it isn't like he was told not to as our other players had no problems answering the question. I am making my comment based on what the man himself said and not some wild theories about xyz.

As I said in another comment, there is no coincidence that Brooks plays the best when the gameplan is simple. The gameplan was simple due to the rain. They played the way that you are taught to play i.e., Run hard, tackle hard and hold the ball, I am sure he did not need to be listening to execute this gameplan. I also didn't say he doesn't listen to anything or anyone, but I do believe he would be mentally drifting in and out of conversations.

Comment confirms what many of us thought
Simple game plan to suit our inadequacies results in 5 hit ups followed by a average kick =no result.Its why we scored zero points Saturday..and why were coming last..again
We need better

Last edited:
Comment confirms what many of us thought
Simple game plan to suit our inadequacies results in 5 hit ups followed by a waveragekick =no result.Its why we scored zero points Saturday..and why were coming last..again
We need better
I think a simple game plan can win you Origins and Premierships.
I am not sure using the same simple game plan every week can get you in the position to win them in the first place though.

We definitely need better, Ben Hunt is the obvious solution for me but I am not sure how keen he is to come here.

Edit: Also, I find it very interesting that Moses' contract was never announced. All clubs put out graphics when they have recruited / retained someone, but the biggest free name in the game at the time still hasn't gotten a little graphic and official announcement? A couple news outlets ran with the story that it was done nearly 2 months ago now, makes me wonder if it is still on going or just been put on hold for now.

Last edited:

Staff online

Back