Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No he definitely said he couldn't remember because he wasn't really listening. My partner and I were sat there with our jaws on the floor in shock from what we had just heard, we even rewound it just to confirm.
Gee, there's some dumb comments on here. If you reckon he didn't follow the game plan to a tee, then you're the one with issue. He doesn't need to disclose what the talk was about at half time to the media, or to you. You only have to see the conversations he was having at half time as well as the execution of that game plan, which was just about perfect.

Gee, there's some dumb comments on here. If you reckon he didn't follow the game plan to a tee, then you're the one with issue. He doesn't need to disclose what the talk was about at half time to the media, or to you. You only have to see the conversations he was having at half time as well as the execution of that game plan, which was just about perfect.
Please do not call my comment dumb and then come at me with a dumb comment. He does not need to disclose it, but it isn't like he was told not to as our other players had no problems answering the question. I am making my comment based on what the man himself said and not some wild theories about xyz.

As I said in another comment, there is no coincidence that Brooks plays the best when the gameplan is simple. The gameplan was simple due to the rain. They played the way that you are taught to play i.e., Run hard, tackle hard and hold the ball, I am sure he did not need to be listening to execute this gameplan. I also didn't say he doesn't listen to anything or anyone, but I do believe he would be mentally drifting in and out of conversations.

I have long thought brooks looks like he does not know the gameplan, it has looked that way since madge came in. The comment about not really remembering what the coach had said as he wasn't listening made me feel like this is how it has been for a while. It isn't like we are known for winning, we haven't made the 8 in years so I highly doubt our losing streak had anything to do with what he said. Brooks is one of our best players whenever the gameplan is simple which I do not think is a coincidence. We need a voice in there that simplifies the game for him, I am not opposed to him as a 6 but he can't be our 7
Comment confirms what many of us thought
Simple game plan to suit our inadequacies results in 5 hit ups followed by a average kick =no result.Its why we scored zero points Saturday..and why were coming last..again
We need better

Last edited:
Comment confirms what many of us thought
Simple game plan to suit our inadequacies results in 5 hit ups followed by a waveragekick =no result.Its why we scored zero points Saturday..and why were coming last..again
We need better
I think a simple game plan can win you Origins and Premierships.
I am not sure using the same simple game plan every week can get you in the position to win them in the first place though.

We definitely need better, Ben Hunt is the obvious solution for me but I am not sure how keen he is to come here.

Edit: Also, I find it very interesting that Moses' contract was never announced. All clubs put out graphics when they have recruited / retained someone, but the biggest free name in the game at the time still hasn't gotten a little graphic and official announcement? A couple news outlets ran with the story that it was done nearly 2 months ago now, makes me wonder if it is still on going or just been put on hold for now.

Last edited:
I assume so given Lee's on the record comments on the matter. If i had to take a stab in the dark about it i would say after the backlash it copped an official announcement was possibly the silliest thing they could do.

Funny how sheens has McDonnell by his side everywhere he goes now. Doesn't look like they're listening about the pathway pivot

Omg people still debating Brooks on here.

10 yrs

That’s all anyone needs to say

When he broke through after Bulla passed him the ball and he failed to look back inside and put Bulla under the post is Luke brooks to a tee.

Can’t play eyes up.

Can’t nail the big plays.

Yeah he can run like a headless chock - so what?

10 yrs

Everyone pumping him up needs to shhhh

Omg people still debating Brooks on here.

10 yrs

That’s all anyone needs to say

When he broke through after Bulla passed him the ball and he failed to look back inside and put Bulla under the post is Luke brooks to a tee.

Can’t play eyes up.

Can’t nail the big plays.

Yeah he can run like a headless chock - so what?

10 yrs

Everyone pumping him up needs to shhhh
100%

How many tries in that position has Cherry Evans [This word has been automatically removed]ed up? Anytime he is involved in a break they score.
When Ben Hunt had no support against us in the last minute he still found a pass to keep the play going,
Brooks had Bula screaming on his right and looked left, if that doesn't sum him up his inability to listen I don't know what does.

Could be a false perception but he always seems to be injured.
If he's just had a lot of bad luck with injuries, he'd still be worth signing, but if he's got Turbo style hammy issues or some other nasty long term problems, pass!

Reactions: 851
Don’t want SJ or hunt , both have maybe 1-2 years left , we need a young 1/2 with great potential to build with the team not someone like them two who will be looking for there pension
Young guns like Moses/Brooks? That worked out well. An experienced head is exactly what we need at halfback someone who will mentor the young guns coming through. If we have the opportunity to pursue Hunt and don't we have completely lost the plot.

Funny how sheens has McDonnell by his side everywhere he goes now. Doesn't look like they're listening about the pathway pivot
He has the title Football Operations Manager too, not sure whether this came about pre or post Fulton, but explains why he is still involved closely with Sheens.

Once Bula gets a bit more experience I'd like to see him at 6. The next Nicho. See how Brooksy goes with Jahream outisde him.
Bula is an athlete, a runner. Ballplaying has never been one of his key strengths. He's put in a couple of grubbers which have been good, great to have that option, but he's never demonstrated any advanced passing or kicking game. He's played his career in the centres and on the wing, and recently at fullback.

He has a completely different skillset to Hynes, who is an elite halfback.

Put yourself in Hunt's shoes. He's at a troubled merger club with bad management guaranteed big money, if he were to leave do you think he we want to come here?

IMO if Hunt leaves the Dragons, he's going to a successful club.

Johnson on the other hand is at a club with Te Maire Martin, Volkman, Metcalf all competing for NRL positions, and they've just signed RTS.

I think if we prioritise Hunt we end up with neither.
Hunt is not an option for us. People need to get that into their heads. He will no join us.

He's already stated (indirectly) that if he moves he wants to win a premiership. He's been on a million bucks a year for a while now, he wants to win, not take the cash. All we have to offer is $$. Maybe if we offered him 1.2-1.3 million he may consider us if no winners were taking an interest, but i imagine a club like the Roosters would be all over him and get him for 600k.

Bula is an athlete, a runner. Ballplaying has never been one of his key strengths. He's put in a couple of grubbers which have been good, great to have that option, but he's never demonstrated any advanced passing or kicking game. He's played his career in the centres and on the wing, and recently at fullback.

He has a completely different skillset to Hynes, who is an elite halfback.
Yes but one thing we are learning about Bula is he is a very quick learner & adapter. His elite basketball background shows he has exceptional hand-eye coordination not to mention standing leap. We've already seen him execute some final try assist passes very well & take bombs well even that one in front of his body (against the Dragons). He just seems one of those gifted athletes that will be able to develop a deft short kicking game and have a good feel for distance off his foot if I'm making sense.

Back