Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I understand his great start has everyone excited. So did Daine Laurie’s first season.
He has a mountain of stuff to learn to be a good fullback, but also has the opportunity to be our Manu in the centres.
Just throwing ideas out there.
The concern I have with Bula as our long term fullback is he doesn’t appear to have any natural playmaking skills, kicking game or scintillating speed off the mark such as a Scott Drinkwater or Reece Walsh.
Obviously Bula makes up for it in different ways with him regularly making 15-20 carries per game, his ability to offload in a tackle and his defensive commitment at the back.
Being young he will only continue to improve, so who knows if and how quickly he can add other elements to his game to become a more complete player.
I just hope we make it a priority to retain Charlie Staines as his presence possibly as a starting winger would at least keep the pressure on Bula to keep playing g at his best and keep improving.

This piece by the masthead whatever the hell that is, is the first time I’ve even seen it was mentioned that Benji was upset over McDonnell. Lots of us commented at the time there were crickets from Benji and or Robbie over the whole thing.
In any event even if they clash who cares do your jobs and it will be rosy, I think everybody has worked with someone at some point in time that was a wanker, but you still turned up and did your job so you could get paid.
McDonnell was bloody useless and was just leeching a living off Sheens, we need to look beyond dinosaurs like him and see into the future one that has seemingly delivered us one of the hottest young prospects in the game.

This piece by the masthead whatever the hell that is, is the first time I’ve even seen it was mentioned that Benji was upset over McDonnell. Lots of us commented at the time there were crickets from Benji and or Robbie over the whole thing.
In any event even if they clash who cares do your jobs and it will be rosy, I think everybody has worked with someone at some point in time that was a wanker, but you still turned up and did your job so you could get paid.
McDonnell was bloody useless and was just leeching a living off Sheens, we need to look beyond dinosaurs like him and see into the future one that has seemingly delivered us one of the hottest young prospects in the game.
Could we have not just made Robbie Farah as Head of Recruitment as he and Benji appear to be in the same page and surely someone such as Farah could be Head of Recruitment as well as the main assistant coach once Benji takes charge.
I’ve defended Lee H and Pascoe in the past, but surely when putting faith in Benji to hopefully elevate us back to a top 4 side we have to give him full control which includes the football staff he wants and trusts.

Choosing Fainu (one of the best young halves on the rise in the game) over Schuster (likely getting $850k a year at Manly moving forward simply wouldn’t work no chance at WT), while picking up a substantial asset for a player leaving mid-year. Schuster simply wouldn't fit the Tigers culture.

Smart move Benji.

Things just keep rolling along:
1. Benji says no to Fatty Schuster
2. Swap deal Talau/Fainu
3. Brooks to Manly
4. Benji and Scott F fighting
5. Is Fulton recruiting for us or Manly ?
6. Is Benji starting to have second thoughts about being able to recruit anyone decent and wants out ( or is TS stirring the pot)?
7. Des and Flano already taken. Who would be left ? Griffin, Holbrook
Bloody hell wtf is going on !!
That light at the end of the tunnel is in fact a locomotive .

This bloke looks good benji.

Things just keep rolling along:
1. Benji says no to Fatty Schuster
2. Swap deal Talau/Fainu
3. Brooks to Manly
4. Benji and Scott F fighting
5. Is Fulton recruiting for us or Manly ?
6. Is Benji starting to have second thoughts about being able to recruit anyone decent and wants out ( or is TS stirring the pot)?
7. Des and Flano already taken. Who would be left ? Griffin, Holbrook
Bloody hell wtf is going on !!
That light at the end of the tunnel is in fact a locomotive .
If they just simply let Benji have full control of the coaching and football club affairs with Farah as his trusted right hand man, we will get the recruitment and retention right and become a top 4 side within 2-3 years.
If there is interference from others that they can’t trust, it won’t happen and we will remain wedged at the bottom of the ladder.

If they just simply let Benji have full control of the coaching and football club affairs with Farah as his trusted right hand man, we will get the recruitment and retention right and become a top 4 side within 2-3 years.
If there is interference from others that they can’t trust, it won’t happen and we remain wedged at the bottom of the ladder.
Sorry V but I don’t buy that. I’m not sure Benji and Robbie have that capability with their limited time in the coaching ranks.
And what about the fact that one S. Fulton has been recruited by the board on some serious coin to rectify our recruitment problems.
Coaching is one thing but footy club politics is another.

Sorry V but I don’t buy that. I’m not sure Benji and Robbie have that capability with their limited time in the coaching ranks.
And what about the fact that one S. Fulton has been recruited by the board on some serious coin to rectify our recruitment problems.
Coaching is one thing but footy club politics is another.
I believe employing S.Fulton was a knee jerk reaction from Lee H and Pascoe sick of getting the blame for previous poor recruitment/retention when they previously left it solely up to the Coach and Head of Recruitment and basically just signed off on whatever they wanted.
It’s hard to hold a coach responsible for poor results if you do not allow him to be the major influence in recruitment/retention.
Obviously a Head of Recruitment can spend a lot more time on scouting, getting info on the player’s attitude and availability etc and then put his recommendations forward, but surely the Coach has the final say.
If you can believe any news reports, it states Benji rejected Schuster and wanted young Fainu, so let’s hope it remains with Benji having control and the final say in any recruitment/ retention decisions.
From what I hear Benji and Farah have very good knowledge of all players including those in NSW Cup, Qld Cup and those emerging in the grades below, so they don’t need a lot of help in this area.

Last edited:
I believe employing S.Fulton was a knee jerk reaction from Lee H and Pascoe sick of getting the blame for previous poor recruitment/retention when they previously left it solely up to the Coach and Head of Recruitment and basically just signed off on whatever they wanted.
It’s hard to hold a coach responsible for poor results if you do not allow him to be the major influence in recruitment/retention.
Obviously a Head of Recruitment can spend a lot more time on scouting, getting info on the player’s attitude and availability etc and then put his recommendations forward, but surely the Coach has the final say.
If you can believe any news reports, it states Benji clearly rejected Schuster and wanted young Fainu, so let’s hope it remains with Benji having control and the final say in any recruitment/ retention decisions.

After last week, I have no trust in the current coaching staff. Mainly, benji, Robbie, Sheens.

If you can believe any news reports, it states Benji rejected Schuster and wanted young Fainu, so let’s hope it remains with Benji having control and the final say in any recruitment/ retention decisions.
From what I hear Benji and Farah have very good knowledge of all players including those in NSW Cup, Qld Cup and those emerging in the grades below, so they don’t need a lot of help in this area.
I hear you and hope that you are correct, coz after 60 plus years as a Tiger fan I’m fed up to the back teeth with what’s happened over the last 10 years. I just want a footy team that’s competitive and without all the side crap.
As I always say, only time will tell.

Latest posts

Back