Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I hear you and hope that you are correct, coz after 60 plus years as a Tiger fan I’m fed up to the back teeth with what’s happened over the last 10 years. I just want a footy team that’s competitive and without all the side crap.
As I always say, only time will tell.
Absolutely time will tell and I agree none of us Wests Tigers fans can keep putting up with way below average results for much longer.
Be prepared for some more short term pain in the process, I think we come up against the Cowboys at the worst possibly time and will likely be blown off the park similar to what we done to them at Leichhardt.

Choosing Fainu (one of the best young halves on the rise in the game) over Schuster (likely getting $850k a year at Manly moving forward simply wouldn’t work no chance at WT), while picking up a substantial asset for a player leaving mid-year. Schuster simply wouldn't fit the Tigers culture.

Smart move Benji.
For sure… Schuster is an overrated, slow, lazy lump.

I believe employing S.Fulton was a knee jerk reaction from Lee H and Pascoe sick of getting the blame for previous poor recruitment/retention when they previously left it solely up to the Coach and Head of Recruitment and basically just signed off on whatever they wanted.
It’s hard to hold a coach responsible for poor results if you do not allow him to be the major influence in recruitment/retention.
Obviously a Head of Recruitment can spend a lot more time on scouting, getting info on the player’s attitude and availability etc and then put his recommendations forward, but surely the Coach has the final say.
If you can believe any news reports, it states Benji rejected Schuster and wanted young Fainu, so let’s hope it remains with Benji having control and the final say in any recruitment/ retention decisions.
From what I hear Benji and Farah have very good knowledge of all players including those in NSW Cup, Qld Cup and those emerging in the grades below, so they don’t need a lot of help in this area.

I think hiring Fulton was a safety net due to his allegiance with Tartak and the hold on our key juniors.

Alot of people don’t appreciate the effort recruitment actually takes across the ranks. Benji & Farah can’t do it all they need a quality team around them that they trust to do their job and deliver what they need.

Sounds like Benji is taking more control on things.

Sheens said in the podcast Benji asked for kids to get a run and they did, he is coaching more day to day and Lee now says he is stepping more into what he wants and directing Fulton to the expectations.

It will take time for Benji especially in our environment but if we snare some of these talented kids that click and some of our own do click also it will be one heck of an exciting time

Fulton won’t be around when Benji is head coach….

Wouldn’t surprise me if things change over the next few years as Benji takes more control, knows what he wants & his confidence gains.

Suspect Sheens moves into the role of sorts

Lets hope it doesn’t happen in a contract period when a chunk of our young “guns” are off contract.

Wouldn’t surprise me if things change over the next few years as Benji takes more control, knows what he wants & his confidence gains.

Suspect Sheens moves into the role of sorts

Lets hope it doesn’t happen in a contract period when a chunk of our young “guns” are off contract.
I think sheens mentioned before once Benji takes over he is done Returning to England and retiring totally

I wouldn't be totally shocked if Fulton becomes the head coach
He doesn't even have a coaching certificate for juniors!!

Talk about going off early!!'

Do you remember Scott as a player???

He wasn't Bozo's &%#$$%$ as a player - and I can't imagine coaching is his forte OR more importantly his ambition either!

His dad was a true Immortal both as player and coach - & Scott has his own strengths!

Can you read???

Stop relying on what you "think someone mentioned" as your source of information...

1. Sheens is from Australia will not be "returning to England" to retire!

2. The FIVE-YEAR coaching arrangement contracted by Wests Tigers is for Tim to be head coach for TWO YEARS (2023-2024) - with Benji as assistant & promoted to head coach from 2025-2027!

Of course Benji will be working closely with recruitment to build the future squad!

SIMPLE STUPID!!!

1) he has been in England since he was first fired by the tigers. His partner is English, he spoke about how he enjoys his time there. He returns every chance he gets. Last time was during the World Cup where he met up with his partner who was still over there. It’s on the ask the boss episode at the time. Just because you were born in a certain country does not force you to retire in that country.

2) he has stated multiple times “I am the interim coach for two years” the 5 year play is for the tigers. Not sheens.

a) calling someone stupid is a reflection on yourself, not them.

b) yes I can read. Which I think is evident by this reply.

c) I never mentioned Benji would not be working with recruitment on future squad members, which makes me question if you can comprehend what your reading.

d) you need stop personally attacking people, not only is it against the code of conduct on the website you are choosing to participate in. I understand that sometimes it will get more people to reply to you, and you may get a dopamine response when that little red icon is showing. But if it gets absorbed by your personality you may find life tougher in the future.

Good luck

Last edited:
Can you read???

Stop relying on what you "think someone mentioned" as your source of information...

1. Sheens is from Australia will not be "returning to England" to retire!

2. The FIVE-YEAR coaching arrangement contracted by Wests Tigers is for Tim to be head coach for TWO YEARS (2023-2024) - with Benji as assistant & promoted to head coach from 2025-2027!

Of course Benji will be working closely with recruitment to build the future squad!

SIMPLE STUPID!!!
I started watching the Bye Round Podcast with James Graham and Tim Sheens but never had the time to get past about the first 15 minutes.

What does come out in those first few minutes is that Sheens and his wife have British Citizenship, that Sheens came back to Australia to tidy up some loose ends and that he wants to go back to England and do some traveling.

Sounds like England is where he wants to retire to, but in the meantime, the current deal has him as Head Coach for 2023/24 with Benji as Head Coach for the next 3 years after that, which is 2025-2027.

As things currently stand, in 2025 Sheens goes back to his "Director of Football" position for a further year, or "Director of Rugby" is what he actually says in the podcast.

That is what I got out of the podcast in the first few minutes and what supposedly is currently the plan, which as we know can go out the window at any time.

Back