Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't disagree with any thing you have said above tbh.

But what you have to remember is going for that big name talent was above and beyond what any of us really expected, given Tim initially put a 3 year timeline on the rebuild. If we landed one of those targets you could probably say we would have had more success given the improvement of our forward pack.

There is no bias here, towards Jacko or Brooksy - just my assessment.

The club is run so poorly, I agree, incompetence in the pathways system plays a big part in that, and that's the mess Sheens has signed up to. Thankfully we have already identified and secured some great young talent in that regard. A bit of circumstance and a bit of bad planning - we have made good decisions in other areas and I agree its bleatingly obvious the halves is not one of those areas.

I still don't think Jacko would have done much for us, but it would have been nice to have someone to steer the ship - in hindsight.
I do admit, I was cranky that we let Jackson go because we had these forwards incoming with promise of more - who turned out to be Klemmer and Bateman to arrive for this season. I think he could have done more with this pack than Brooks, Doueihi and Wakeham have managed...but that is conjecture.

My focus is what the hell is happening moving forward. I was concerned before the season began that we'd have this pack firing with no one scoring points off their efforts and that has largely occurred. Now Brooks and most probably Doeuihi are gone, would you stay here if you were Wakeham? I mean that poor bastard is already getting shit talked. Can you imagine if through continued failure to recruit, we had to have him as the dominant half next year? So say he manages to leverage his efforts this year into something elsewhere and scampers as well....lol what are they doing behind the scenes? Most of us have suspected Brooks was going all year. I understand chasing Moses and Johnson and co but surely we had feelers out for the next level below them as well?
It seems our recruitment goes like this..."We want Moses. Back and forth, back and forth, ah shit we missed him. OK we'll go for Pearce. Back and forth, back and forth, ah shit we missed him. OK we'll go for Johnson. Back and forth, back and forth, ah shit we missed him. etc...etc...etc...Brooksie, youre still staying arent you? Brooksey? mate? ah shit we missed him"
Our failure to replace the departure of Madden and Hastings meant we had to secure Brooks first and then bring in the talent to work with him. We have no contingency. Very poor planning.

Trying to be positive…….Seems like we have at least secured a potentially good 5/8 for the next few seasons in Fainu. Watching his highlights reel it is great to see that Feledy was running off him and scored a heap of tries doing it. The two of them have a great understanding that hopefully they can foster for us in 2024 and beyond.
What we need now is to keep looking for quality characters with winning attitudes and 100% effort to add to our roster. If we can just pick up a few more of these types all is not lost for 2024.
There are a few clubs that have a lot of guys needing upgraded contracts and hence will struggle to keep all their talent eg Souths, Cows. Hopefully this will provide us with some options.

And Brooks was the next Andrew Johns. Just face it. No established players wants to play here. Wishful thinking. Wonder why his current team let him go. Surely has more potential than Brooks. But yes - what if he is the next Mitchell Moses. Cant argue with that observation.

I don't know a lot about him red, there's no real media coverage NBN news will have a wrap up of the weekend games tonight that's usually all you see, I go to the occasional Wingham tigers games haven't been to any taree games, as they are a pretty crap team
I thought I remembered reading on here that the Taree fullback was coming to WT next year.
Have the Wingham Tigers played the Taree team yet?

If this Fainu deal is highjacked by another club, that has to be the final nail in the coffin for our management team.

That is unforgivable if it is the case.
I will personally drag Lee, Pascoe & Fulton out of the COE by the ear if this happens.

I am pretty sure today's rumours will turn out to be BS but given our history (Latrell, Addo Carr, Moses), there is always that feeling of uneasiness until the signing is announced by the club.

I am happy luke is gone

Bc Sheens wouldn’t play him in the position he is

A running 5/8

And yes he will to go Manly and kick on and probably shine outside DCE

And everyone will say we should never should’ve let him leave

But they are wrong

Bc by letting him go (by not giving him a decent offer that made him feel valued) - we finally don’t allow sheens and benji to play brooks as a half back

Sheens could’ve kept Jacko at 7 and Luke at 6

Which would’ve worked better than luke at 7

But sheens dug his heels in without even coaching him last year and said luke is a 7 and I can’t wait “to get my hands on him”

Well we lost the first 7 games and are now last

I applaud the club for being brave bc finally sheens and benji are forced to find an actual half back

But it’s their own fault

If we had signed brooks they would not be looking for a 7 for the next 3 years!!!

Now we have a chance of finding one if not now or next year but for 2025.

And to me that’s better than having brooks as a 7 for the next 3 years.

Which is sad but it’s their fault…

If you want to blame anyone Blame those idiots…

Look at what they did …

Let Jacko leave bc you don’t want him at 7, and put all your eggs in luke at 7 saying “he’s our halfback”, having seen for the last 10 yrs he’s not a half back but a running 6…

and then after 7 games of losing say we are looking for a controlling 7, having not even secured luke for another year, knowing he was off contract now, despite letting Jacko leave, and then realizing he’s not a 7, but are too stubborn to admit you were wrong… and ended up with NOTHING!

That is typical WT Sheens at his worst

I like some of Tim Sheens but picking a controlling half has always been his issue at Wests Tigers for some reason …

For example - Sheens spouts things like - “all the spine contribute equally” and “7 or 6 they’re just numbers on a Jersey” …

Well, after 2005, we never recovered after Scott prince left bc he didn’t buy a controlling half back until we got Robert lui and made the finals in that run of 2010-11…

Sheens doesn’t know how to pick a 7.

Bc he in that tinkering brain of his it’s his biggest short coming

He tries to be too clever

He tries to make the Hooker the most important piece - like he did with Robbie and like he tried with Api… which is ok but you still need a controlling 7

And I can fathom how he can’t see it

But it is what it is

Now Sheens can’t play Brooks at 7 and I’m Fcking glad about it - but also sad that he didn’t play him at 6 bc I think we could’ve excelled.

Once he let Jacko go at 7, and chose brooks to wear 7, he could never put a 6 on his back without looking like he stuffed up!

Now you watch Sheens and benji kick stones if we can’t buy anyone and brooks plays well at Manly

The club will be wrong and they’ll play the blame game

But it’s their blame!

There’s a scene in Moneyball with Brad Pitt where he trades their best player bc the coach won’t pick him in the position Pitt wants… well that just happened to Benji and Sheens…

They created the problem guys

That’s the truth

And you know what’s more messed up (now that I think about it) … Justin and Lee put sheens there… so they’re both at fault… one created the monster and the other is the monster … who’s to blame for the monster? (That’s a question for everyone)…. I was talking to an ex CEO and GM from another club last week and I asked them - “would any other team replace their coach with our coaching setup of Sheens and Benji - and they said no. And I agree. The problem with our club is the mgmt and the coaches. They are equally to blame.
Brooks sucks lol

The problem is everyone was so deadset keen to give up Brooksy before a plan B was in place or any existing depth. We don't even have wakeham next year... Our halves may have to be Twal and Seyfarth.

The club better be all over it.
I’d take Seyfarth over Brooks at halfback ..and I do not rate Seyfarth at all

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Here we go again haha
We should know soon.

If Talau is picked in the NRL squad today, then we have messed it up.

I doubt it though.

In racing terms...we have the inside gate, a ten lengths head start (Fulton being close to the family and his brother here already) and we are carrying no weight (tons and tons of cap room)...

If we can't jag this...and an even worse club like saints somehow do...we honestly should just give up.

I think we will get it right. They know they can't screw this up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back