Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I am happy luke is gone

Bc Sheens wouldn’t play him in the position he is

A running 5/8

And yes he will to go Manly and kick on and probably shine outside DCE

And everyone will say we should never should’ve let him leave

But they are wrong

Bc by letting him go (by not giving him a decent offer that made him feel valued) - we finally don’t allow sheens and benji to play brooks as a half back

Sheens could’ve kept Jacko at 7 and Luke at 6

Which would’ve worked better than luke at 7

But sheens dug his heels in without even coaching him last year and said luke is a 7 and I can’t wait “to get my hands on him”

Well we lost the first 7 games and are now last

I applaud the club for being brave bc finally sheens and benji are forced to find an actual half back

But it’s their own fault

If we had signed brooks they would not be looking for a 7 for the next 3 years!!!

Now we have a chance of finding one if not now or next year but for 2025.

And to me that’s better than having brooks as a 7 for the next 3 years.

Which is sad but it’s their fault…

If you want to blame anyone Blame those idiots…

Look at what they did …

Let Jacko leave bc you don’t want him at 7, and put all your eggs in luke at 7 saying “he’s our halfback”, having seen for the last 10 yrs he’s not a half back but a running 6…

and then after 7 games of losing say we are looking for a controlling 7, having not even secured luke for another year, knowing he was off contract now, despite letting Jacko leave, and then realizing he’s not a 7, but are too stubborn to admit you were wrong… and ended up with NOTHING!

That is typical WT Sheens at his worst

I like some of Tim Sheens but picking a controlling half has always been his issue at Wests Tigers for some reason …

For example - Sheens spouts things like - “all the spine contribute equally” and “7 or 6 they’re just numbers on a Jersey” …

Well, after 2005, we never recovered after Scott prince left bc he didn’t buy a controlling half back until we got Robert lui and made the finals in that run of 2010-11…

Sheens doesn’t know how to pick a 7.

Bc he in that tinkering brain of his it’s his biggest short coming

He tries to be too clever

He tries to make the Hooker the most important piece - like he did with Robbie and like he tried with Api… which is ok but you still need a controlling 7

And I can fathom how he can’t see it

But it is what it is

Now Sheens can’t play Brooks at 7 and I’m Fcking glad about it - but also sad that he didn’t play him at 6 bc I think we could’ve excelled.

Once he let Jacko go at 7, and chose brooks to wear 7, he could never put a 6 on his back without looking like he stuffed up!

Now you watch Sheens and benji kick stones if we can’t buy anyone and brooks plays well at Manly

The club will be wrong and they’ll play the blame game

But it’s their blame!

There’s a scene in Moneyball with Brad Pitt where he trades their best player bc the coach won’t pick him in the position Pitt wants… well that just happened to Benji and Sheens…

They created the problem guys

That’s the truth

And you know what’s more messed up (now that I think about it) … Justin and Lee put sheens there… so they’re both at fault… one created the monster and the other is the monster … who’s to blame for the monster? (That’s a question for everyone)…. I was talking to an ex CEO and GM from another club last week and I asked them - “would any other team replace their coach with our coaching setup of Sheens and Benji - and they said no. And I agree. The problem with our club is the mgmt and the coaches. They are equally to blame.
Brooks sucks lol

The problem is everyone was so deadset keen to give up Brooksy before a plan B was in place or any existing depth. We don't even have wakeham next year... Our halves may have to be Twal and Seyfarth.

The club better be all over it.
I’d take Seyfarth over Brooks at halfback ..and I do not rate Seyfarth at all

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Here we go again haha
We should know soon.

If Talau is picked in the NRL squad today, then we have messed it up.

I doubt it though.

In racing terms...we have the inside gate, a ten lengths head start (Fulton being close to the family and his brother here already) and we are carrying no weight (tons and tons of cap room)...

If we can't jag this...and an even worse club like saints somehow do...we honestly should just give up.

I think we will get it right. They know they can't screw this up.

Don't Manly have to agree to the club they release Latu too as well as Latu agreeing?

Surely we have more collateral to offer Manly (immediate swap with Talau & potentially let them have Brooks early).

Given Fainu is under contract, I believe for another 2 years then Manly may only release him based on the supposed swap deal for Tommy T prior to 1 August. If St. George have come in with a late offer then it would be for 2024 I would presume but hopefully as reported in the DT he has already signed with the Tigers.

I get the feeling we are being gutted , Now we have a Manly insider who suggested Shuster who clocks off during games for long periods and whos interest is it when I hear figures like $1.2 mill per season being talked about
Good on Benji saying he doesn't want . The fact that Fulton was appointed without telling the coaches till it happened smells " factions " " politics "
Same old Same old BS . What on earth are we doing for a 6 and 7 going forward? . Lee and Justin you had a team that put 66 pts on the Cowboys WITH all their origin stars and now we struggle to put a competitive team on the field
Well Done !!!
I reckon what's happening here atm is how all these insane conspiracy theories get started, from rumours.
Then rumours get blown into reality because people are desperate to get (and think) they need something better.

Well according to the Daily Telegraph, Latu has signed with us. Surely they wouldn't have it wrong (sarcasm)!
James Hooper never lies !! Or invents sources .. or embellishes ! Or brushes his hair ! And Ellkap on Twitter is rock solid , why would a young lady make up a rumour on Twitter about their beloved club losing their highly rated 5/8 prospect to the club they loathe .. doesn’t make sense for a wannabe influencer to the stir the pot for attention

So these rumours (Titans & Dragons) are have been generated by tweets. If there was any legitimacy, a journo would have tweeted something (Chammas, Weidler, Hooper, Read, Carayannis etc) but crickets thus far.

We should know soon.

If Talau is picked in the NRL squad today, then we have messed it up.

I doubt it though.

In racing terms...we have the inside gate, a ten lengths head start (Fulton being close to the family and his brother here already) and we are carrying no weight (tons and tons of cap room)...

If we can't jag this...and an even worse club like saints somehow do...we honestly should just give up.

I think we will get it right. They know they can't screw this up.
Im going to buy some pop corn...its going to be fun on here soon 😂

So these rumours (Titans & Dragons) are have been generated by tweets. If there was any legitimacy, a journo would have tweeted something (Chammas, Weidler, Hooper, Read, Carayannis etc) but crickets thus far.
They are checking.
No immediate shutdown could spell trouble lol...

Feels like we've more or less reached an agreement and these "leaks" might be a way of trying to spook us to get a few extra dollars out of us? It's what I would do if I was Fainu's agent for sure - we've got no leverage here whatsoever. The only half we have signed for next year is Doueihi with one knee.

Yeah, but no. Arthur was told at time recruitment to put on some weight and become a 14. Playing lock off the bench.
I think you may have missed quoted me here mate. My comment was in regard to me previously mentioning Brad Arthur instead of his son.

• Wow
Mayby Manly would be more likely to release a player to StGeorge where their assistant coach who they like is going then to Tigers where Dcott Fulton they sacked is

I don't think they would be true.

Taratak has almost all of our topliners and is very close with Fulton.

If he does us cold last second...it would destroy any goodwill...this is much bigger than one signing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back