Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So these rumours (Titans & Dragons) are have been generated by tweets. If there was any legitimacy, a journo would have tweeted something (Chammas, Weidler, Hooper, Read, Carayannis etc) but crickets thus far.
I don't think they would be true.

Taratak has almost all of our topliners and is very close with Fulton.

If he does us cold last second...it would destroy any goodwill...this is much bigger than one signing.

As much as I love the Wests Tigers and want to see our club succeed, I am at the stage that I almost want to see this latest episode fail and blow up in our faces if for no other reason than to highlight the incompetence of our board, chairman and CEO.

The unrest and drama they have cause by meddling in the operations of the football department and going over their heads in appointing Fulton after both Pascoe and Gadget admitted that they had never had anything to do with him in the past and that Lee basically hired him on advice given over the phone by Ray Hadley who worships the ground that a Fulton treads on is just unbelievable.

Whatever you may have thought about Joe or Luke, to off load them and treat them with the disrespect that this club has and even worse, not have some sort of clear objective or replacement strategy in place is just mind blowing.

Whilst being competive and in the top 8 most every season. I'd rather be stuck there for at least 3 years than trying to avoid the wooden spoon for 3 years.
Turbo looks like he's cooked, without him Manly are just treading water. If he's fit they could do anything, he's just too injury prone and imo think he's past his best.

When you think about it, Fainu knowing Fulton is an advantage. However, it’s not as much as an advantage as Des or Flanagan. Once signed, Fulton will have nothing to do with Fainu on a day to day basis. Des and Flanagan would be working with him on an almost daily basis. Des and Flanagan have won premierships. Benji only did his level 2 coaching certificate this year having had no prior coaching experience. Would you trust Benji and WT to guide your career? Will you become the next Luke Brooks? I could understand if he was having reservations.

Mayby Manly would be more likely to release a player to StGeorge where their assistant coach who they like is going then to Tigers where Dcott Fulton they sacked is
Valid point, makes more sense than most things that happen at this club.

The problem is everyone was so deadset keen to give up Brooksy before a plan B was in place or any existing depth. We don't even have wakeham next year... Our halves may have to be Twal and Seyfarth.

The club better be all over it.
On the one hand I agree. In an ideal world, we have a back up plan for a seemless transition.

The issue is, we have waited 10 years for Brooks to become a dominant halfback and the safety net of him staying and extending each time meant we never really pursued other options seriously. Until recently of course…but it was pretty clear, we were aiming high and hoping for a Hail Mary signing on big money.

It was always about someone complimenting Luke Brooks. Now it’s about someone replacing him.

Now that he’s gone, it might raise the stakes and we may finally get into gear as we have no other option but to take it seriously.

Fainu would be a good start, but the kid needs support.

Just think back when we were 18…would we really be capable of running an entire NRL side? I’d bet we could shine in moments, but carrying a team all season would be a stretch. Doueihi is not the answer either. We need to sign 3-4 reasonable quality halves to add competition for spots and cover for injuries.

We are in serious trouble for next year as it stands.

Or even better, how about each way bet: Prighozin and Gerasimov/Shoigu! :p
If the Manly swap falls over and we then go on to get these 2 dudes IBWT, in a swap for Brooks and Talau to play in the Ukraine League it would have to be a win/win situation.

If the Russian people hurry up and depose Sputin we could swap him for Wakeham to play in the Russian League.

If these 3 dudes cant put the fight 💪 into Our blokes that Michael Maguire couldn't, then I'll eat my 🎩.

My index finger has skin almost to the bone as I mindlessly sit here and press refresh to see the team list this week. If Tommy is not named at all, I think we will have a pretty good idea of where it stands..

My index finger has skin almost to the bone as I mindlessly sit here and press refresh to see the team list this week. If Tommy is not named at all, I think we will have a pretty good idea of where it stands..
4.00pm all will be revealed, well maybe!!

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Suppose it's not the end of the world but why is there still nothing official on the club's website about Brooks signing with Manly or any of the related goings on. Real amateur hour stuff. That front office clean-out is now long overdue.

Suppose it's not the end of the world but why is there still nothing official on the club's website about Brooks signing with Manly or any of the related goings on. Real amateur hour stuff. That front office clean-out is now long overdue.

I don't think a club announces a player leaving that is off contract. They only announce when released early.

Back