Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The problem is everyone was so deadset keen to give up Brooksy before a plan B was in place or any existing depth. We don't even have wakeham next year... Our halves may have to be Twal and Seyfarth.

The club better be all over it.
On the one hand I agree. In an ideal world, we have a back up plan for a seemless transition.

The issue is, we have waited 10 years for Brooks to become a dominant halfback and the safety net of him staying and extending each time meant we never really pursued other options seriously. Until recently of course…but it was pretty clear, we were aiming high and hoping for a Hail Mary signing on big money.

It was always about someone complimenting Luke Brooks. Now it’s about someone replacing him.

Now that he’s gone, it might raise the stakes and we may finally get into gear as we have no other option but to take it seriously.

Fainu would be a good start, but the kid needs support.

Just think back when we were 18…would we really be capable of running an entire NRL side? I’d bet we could shine in moments, but carrying a team all season would be a stretch. Doueihi is not the answer either. We need to sign 3-4 reasonable quality halves to add competition for spots and cover for injuries.

We are in serious trouble for next year as it stands.

Or even better, how about each way bet: Prighozin and Gerasimov/Shoigu! :p
If the Manly swap falls over and we then go on to get these 2 dudes IBWT, in a swap for Brooks and Talau to play in the Ukraine League it would have to be a win/win situation.

If the Russian people hurry up and depose Sputin we could swap him for Wakeham to play in the Russian League.

If these 3 dudes cant put the fight 💪 into Our blokes that Michael Maguire couldn't, then I'll eat my 🎩.

My index finger has skin almost to the bone as I mindlessly sit here and press refresh to see the team list this week. If Tommy is not named at all, I think we will have a pretty good idea of where it stands..

My index finger has skin almost to the bone as I mindlessly sit here and press refresh to see the team list this week. If Tommy is not named at all, I think we will have a pretty good idea of where it stands..
4.00pm all will be revealed, well maybe!!

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Suppose it's not the end of the world but why is there still nothing official on the club's website about Brooks signing with Manly or any of the related goings on. Real amateur hour stuff. That front office clean-out is now long overdue.

Suppose it's not the end of the world but why is there still nothing official on the club's website about Brooks signing with Manly or any of the related goings on. Real amateur hour stuff. That front office clean-out is now long overdue.

I don't think a club announces a player leaving that is off contract. They only announce when released early.

Samuela Fainu has been named in Manly's NSW cup starting team, so we know he isn't a direct part of the negotiations for now

Respectfully, a 200 game club veteran leaving is no ordinary off-contract deal.

I think that only requires something from the club at the end of his commitments later this year. I'd actually find it odd if the club put out a press release now about it.

Back