Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If reports are accurate Fainu only met with Benji today so i guess he's probably mulling it over or told us no, i doubt Benji bought a pen so he could sign on his back.

Would love too but unfortunately I don't want to lie..

I cannot understand why it's so hard to get a half even if they are young.. We have an outstanding forward pack to play behind, young guns in Bula and TDS and some quality backs. It's a perfect storm so can only assume it's the management and DT/Fox daily beatings that's turning them away..

You forgot to add that the coach plays an important part in a player wanting to join and every player would have seen how out of touch Sheens is.Yes we have a decent pack now but he have a coach who can get not get the results out of them,he could not be more useless with what he has

Reactions: 851
Would love too but unfortunately I don't want to lie..

I cannot understand why it's so hard to get a half even if they are young.. We have an outstanding forward pack to play behind, young guns in Bula and TDS and some quality backs. It's a perfect storm so can only assume it's the management and DT/Fox daily beatings that's turning them away..
Because we don't have an outstanding forward pack. We only have a pretty good starting pack with no lock and no impact off the bench, yet alone depth beyond that.
Plus, they will have no help from whichever scrub ends up partnering them in the halves.
Bula and TDS may be great in the future but on current ability TDS isn't a first grader and Bula would still be amongst the bottom end of fullbacks.

So were asking them sign here, you will get a mid tier pack, likely little to no help on field from another half or fullback for the next couple years, but maybe we will be completive down the track. Hopefully your career isn't already on the scrapheap by then.

Oh yeah, as Jad just said. Don't worry we either have an out of date or completely inexperienced coach to guide you.

Reactions: BZN
Rumour is Michael Morgan could be making an NRL return. You'd assume the Cowboys. Townsend out? The halves merry go round is gonna get even more interesting possibly.

Luckily we have a lot in the bank. Mind you I'd have Walker/Fainu/Trindall at the top the list.
Nah, he is going to appear with John Farnham for one last tour.

Because we don't have an outstanding forward pack. We only have a pretty good starting pack with no lock and no impact off the bench, yet alone depth beyond that.
Plus, they will have no help from whichever scrub ends up partnering them in the halves.
Bula and TDS may be great in the future but on current ability TDS isn't a first grader and Bula would still be amongst the bottom end of fullbacks.

So were asking them sign here, you will get a mid tier pack, likely little to no help on field from another half or fullback for the next couple years, but maybe we will be completive down the track. Hopefully your career isn't already on the scrapheap by then.

Oh yeah, as Jad just said. Don't worry we either have an out of date or completely inexperienced coach to guide you.
So you would class this as a Mid Tier pack ?

8. Stefo - Current SOO player
9. Api - Current SOO Player
10. Klemmer - Past SOO Player
11. Papa - Current International
12. Blore - Improving but could add Frizell
13. Bateman - Current International
14. TDS - Perfect 14 to develop behind Api
15. Twal - Mr consistent and never misses a tackle
16. Pole - For a young guy he is killing it

I agree we do lack depth as our current depth is mainly juniors etc
but that is a very good forward pack IMO.
Ask any halfback and their main concern is a forward pack they can play behind and this year this forward pack has been 100% better than past years.

If we have a decent 7 this year I believe we would be close to the top 8 if not in there.

All I was saying is if I'm a young half and wanted an opportunity to play 1st grade this is a better place than some other clubs.

We all want the same thing and that's to win so fingers crossed we get some halves soon

You forgot to add that the coach plays an important part in a player wanting to join and every player would have seen how out of touch Sheens is.Yes we have a decent pack now but he have a coach who can get not get the results out of them,he could not be more useless with what he has
How out of touch were Potter, Taylor, Cleary, Maquire?
How many good players were signed by them over ten years, compared with Sheens in only a few months?
JO, Papalii, Korousau, Utoikemanu and ........ ??
Compared with Klemmer, Bateman, Bula, Tupou, Pole, Da Silva, Matamua, and more to come ;)
If anyone can do it with the WT it is Sheens. 🐅💪
Even Bellamy had a chance, but he chickened out.
QED

Latest posts

Back