Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

“I’m very concerned you don’t have a half-back”

How would you respond to that professionally?

Tip: don’t mention the hat sales.
We have survived as a club without one since 2011 when Rob Lui was sacked, halfbacks are overrated, unneeded don't wory yourself with the details just sign on this line then tell me if the rag in my hand smells like chloraphorm

Let's be honest we are in deep shit, and we need to do whatever it costs to sign him up and his brother. We have money available as he have released like 50 players and missed Moses.

If they cannot close this I feel we will start losing current players and that's a shame..

Nice to hear there’s a meeting, apparently he’s already met with Wayne Bennett. we are doing this all arse about though. How do you sell the club to Tartak when there is no #7 on the books? We really should be locking down a Trindall / Townsend etc. first so we can actually sell a vision. This will likely end predictably.

Did they post photo's of that meeting with the fins?
They didn't look ecstatic in the photo's of meeting us, but at least there were photo's 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully they are in advanced talks with a #7. Otherwise I have little doubt the Dolphins will get their man.
Not sure, I can't see the Titans pinching him with foran and possibly Hunt. But the Dolphins iv no idea how stocked up on halves they are atm.

We as a club need a win, wether Latu Fainu kicks on and reaches his potential idk, but we just need to sign someone who others want and has huge Wraps on his future we need him to choose us. That might entice more guys to look more seriously at us and ignore the outside noise.Tup
Pole, Tupou and Bula are pretty good wins for WTs. Sure we need a few more to kick on but the foundation is being built.

Tigerap shows his head like whack-a-mole
and then hides when it comes to answering
any of the Q's... straight up show pony lol

Tigerap shows his head like whack-a-mole
and then hides when it comes to answering
any of the Q's... straight up show pony l
Pretty harsh mate….I have never shied away from answering questions put to me on here….I believe this is your first post to or about me, so my record stands…as I have said previously, I’m not on here to spread BS, if I hear information regarding player movements, I share…simple..my source from within is better than 50% spot on…I stated Brooks signed with Manly for 4years while MSM were saying 3, then later that afternoon they reported he signed 4 years….situations with player movements change rapidly and sometimes not all info of changes come through…to criticise is your right, but be factual….I can honestly see why The_Pom had checked out from this forum….

Pretty harsh mate….I have never shied away from answering questions put to me on here….I believe this is your first post to or about me, so my record stands…as I have said previously, I’m not on here to spread BS, if I hear information regarding player movements, I share…simple..my source from within is better than 50% spot on…I stated Brooks signed with Manly for 4years while MSM were saying 3, then later that afternoon they reported he signed 4 years….situations with player movements change rapidly and sometimes not all info of changes come through…to criticise is your right, but be factual….I can honestly see why The_Pom had checked out from this forum….

I genuinely appreciate your posts TR.. Was
just having a silly crack at you mate, my bad

So your mail is the meeting didn't go well then?

Positive is it isn’t lingering anymore
Whether you wanted him to stay or go decision has been made so it’s over
great decision if they replace him with flannagan or clune....
can be judged on who we replace him with, trindall or walker then good move
taafe clune Schneider wakeham then not a good move

So you would class this as a Mid Tier pack ?

8. Stefo - Current SOO player
9. Api - Current SOO Player
10. Klemmer - Past SOO Player
11. Papa - Current International
12. Blore - Improving but could add Frizell
13. Bateman - Current International
14. TDS - Perfect 14 to develop behind Api
15. Twal - Mr consistent and never misses a tackle
16. Pole - For a young guy he is killing it

I agree we do lack depth as our current depth is mainly juniors etc
but that is a very good forward pack IMO.
Ask any halfback and their main concern is a forward pack they can play behind and this year this forward pack has been 100% better than past years.

If we have a decent 7 this year I believe we would be close to the top 8 if not in there.

All I was saying is if I'm a young half and wanted an opportunity to play 1st grade this is a better place than some other clubs.

We all want the same thing and that's to win so fingers crossed we get some halves soon
at present fainu if he comes here has no 7 to play with. Tartak would be an idiot to push Fainu towards tigers until we can show we have someone to replace Brooks with

Members online

Back