Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tupou’s form has fallen off a cliff. His head is not in the game.
Some of his efforts this past month or so have been park level.
I don’t know if he’s tossing up a switch to rugby or what is going on but he isn’t playing first grade level footy for us and it’s about time he gets a kick up the arse.
Yep, he's lost.

Talent there bur raw and under performing.

I don't think we have anyone to replace him tho.

Me either. Especially when Naden is sitting in NSW Cup. We also let Maumalo go early.
Yeh would’ve much preferred naden there. Au was looking ok in the back row but he’s definitely not a winger. If talau is going let him go to NSW cup and give feledy a run or get naden back in the squad and give aj a run in ressies or take seyfarths spot. Blore should be extended in my opinion he’s found form and hopefully stays injury free, a lot of potential there I recon

Tigers need to recruit an entire backline outside of fullback. Tupou has promise but he’s hit a wall and needs a spell. Kepoa, Toa, Naden, Nofa, Talau are all too inconsistent. Our halves are not first grade standard either. Teams just go wide as there is no point battling our forward pack when we have weak links out wide.

Tigers need to recruit an entire backline outside of fullback. Tupou has promise but he’s hit a wall and needs a spell. Kepoa, Toa, Naden, Nofa, Talau are all too inconsistent. Our halves are not first grade standard either. Teams just go wide as there is no point battling our forward pack when we have weak links out wide.
Our big 4 in the pack must be wondering” what the hell are we doing here” ! Has anyone, anoart from API, ever gone from Premiers to W/Spoon in consecutive seasons. All those Panther jibes were spot on.
Not sure if it’s a Sheens front or not, “ morale is still good” - I’d be asking the senior guys to hold some post game honesty sessions to smarten a few guys up.( if they haven’t already).
Let’s start with cutting out dumb and I mean DUMB mistakes. Don’t get up shaking your heads or smiling, just don’t do it.
Remember run, pass, tackle - AND HOLD THE BALL - a simple game eh.

Our backs are so bad.
Halves? Non existent.

Noticeably disgrace.

We need up grade 2 to 7 desperately.

Will Hopoate would be a good signing if he wanted to come back to Oz, even if it's just to play cup and fill in when needed. Class act - bring some professionalism to the squad and help build the culture.

Despite being old and slow, he's better than all our options.

Other than that... Lomax, Parker, Vaega, Weeks, Tass, Strange.. there's options out there, we need to be talking to.

Talau has to learn to pass to his winger in space and not rush up in defence and fail to communicate this to Tupou. He is doing his winger no favours especially considering he is a rookie.

Talau has to learn to pass to his winger in space and not rush up in defence and fail to communicate this to Tupou. He is doing his winger no favours especially considering he is a rookie.

Problem for the Blacktown workers coach soon enough.

Never has been good enough.
Farewell.

A good coach can fix problems in a player's game and bring out the best in players, utilise their strengths and develop their weaknesses. Start with getting a decent coach.

I believe that's correct and I agree with you. If you're forced to pay $9.5m (close enough) but can't get quality you have to pay average players more than average money. It's ridiculous.
If we have to spend 95% of our cap. FRONT LOAD CONTRACTS!

It's a win for the players and it's a win for us.

We need to start with an organising half - someone with experience (could be from the UK) who is footy smart and can direct traffic. At the moment we are a disparate rabble. I don’t think these fainu chaps are necessarily the answer.

Anyway for a good story. Here are the comments from Sheens on Bula I believe prior to his debut. I sense that our younger players like Faagutu and De Silva have the same training ethic as Bula. Feledy needs to work hard on his fitness but has the talent.

Despite Bula being thrown into the deep end as he learns the nuances of being a fullback, coach Tim Sheens believes he will be a difference-maker.

“Jahream Bula will be a kid who comes out of nowhere,” Sheens told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“I’m not afraid to throw blokes in, and if they’re good enough they’re old enough.”

“This kid (Bula) has been playing fullback all year in the second team. And he has been the best trainer at the club.”

Back