Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I didn't realise were were talking about last year's ladder. And yes, they may end up top 4 by the end of the year, but they were bottom 4 when we beat them. Getting spanked 74-0 by the same team a few weeks later shows it was likely an aberration.
Why not? Better than this year's ladder. Have some fun!

We need someone in a Football Manager role similar to Gus at the Bulldogs who has complete control of overseeing the coaches, recruitment & retention etc.
This is the role who should ultimately be responsible for on field results based on the ability to have the right coaches, the right recruitment manager and the right player recruitment & retention.
That was Sheens role, best case scenario imo is Sheens goes back to football manager. Benji coaches next year. Personally I would prefer not to have Benji coaching at all iv got no doubt he is in way over his head atm, needs more experience.

I think its the article about there was no secret meeting - Pascoe met with Benji and Fulton seperately and got assurances that they would work more closely. As usual the whole thing has been a media beatup.
Come to think of it. We need some more reality TV shows. This would be big. Great Circus. We have the writers ready to go. We have the characters. We could call it When Home is Away. What do you think? Money in it for us. Anyone?

We need someone in a Football Manager role similar to Gus at the Bulldogs who has complete control of overseeing the coaches, recruitment & retention etc.
This is the role who should ultimately be responsible for on field results based on the ability to have the right coaches, the right recruitment manager and the right player recruitment & retention.
I know that I’ll get belted from pillar to post for suggesting something from left field (if Shane Richardson is unavailable) Brendon Gale he turned the Tigers from a shitheap (like us) to winning 3 Premierships.

I know we are fast running out of options, but I really cannot see players such as Sezer, Cogger or Pearce improving us much.
Likewise I really don’t think Latu Fainu will be ready for a regular NRL starting spot in 2024.
Of the centres you mentioned I think. Brad Parker could help us if he signed and cone with the right frame of mind.
I would agree anyone is better than nobody and every bit of negativity towards us as a club just makes recruiting decent players even harder.
How much better would our roster be with this movement (assuming we don't get the Fainu brothers):

OUT: Joe Ofahengaue, Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau, Brandon Wakeham, Lomi Saukuru, Tuki Simpkins, Daine Laurie, Asu Kepaoa, David Nofoaluma, Jake Simpkin & Sione Fainu (11)

PATHWAY UPGRADES: Josh Feledy, Brandon Mansfield, Lachlan Galvin, Tallyn Da Silva & Chris Fa'agutu (5)

EXTERNAL RECRUITS (focus on experience, effort & defence) (6):

Halfback - Aiden Sezer
5/8 - Blake Taafe
Centre - Brad Parker or Isaiah Tass
Utility - Connor Watson
Wing - Nick Cotric or Xavier Savage

We have one.
Ours is called Director of Football

I know that I’ll get belted from pillar to post for suggesting something from left field (if Shane Richardson is unavailable) Brendon Gale he turned the Tigers from a shitheap (like us) to winning 3 Premierships.
Love it. But not in Boys Club. Fight Club. And no one belted you. We heard your Voice. We are 1 together.

Yeah right… of course.

No, he was in the halves with Jack Wighton, the dally m winner…
What else did he do then top dog?
I stand by my comment, Sezar is a better 7 than Brooks, he has far more of the attributes of a 7 than Brooks, and that is what we have needed for a very long time. Do I think Sezar is a star, no I don't, would I have preferred someone else, yes I would, but he will be an upgrade at 7 on less dollars

I stand by my comment, Sezar is a better 7 than Brooks, he has far more of the attributes of a 7 than Brooks, and that is what we have needed for a very long time. Do I think Sezar is a star, no I don't, would I have preferred someone else, yes I would, but he will be an upgrade at 7 on less dollars
I think he is a massive upgrade on what we have and totally agree with everything you have said. Sezar is definitely not my first choice, nor in my top 10, but compared to Wakeham, Smith, Camroux, I'd pick him all day every day

1. Bula - young phenom
2. Noffa - on his day more than capable
3. Spend some of the war chest
4. To'a - needs consistency
5. Staines - speed to burn, premiership winger
6. Spend some of the war chest
7. Sezer

Two problems left to fix, has been our issue for years, just can't close the necessary deals.

They need some depth too… otherwise it’s rinse repeat of the situation we have now…so more than two problems..

I would classify Noffa as “depth” and try and find another wing as the starter …unfortunately Topou has crashed and burned and not sure he can be saved …

1. Bula - young phenom
2. Noffa - on his day more than capable
3. Spend some of the war chest
4. To'a - needs consistency
5. Staines - speed to burn, premiership winger
6. Spend some of the war chest
7. Sezer

Two problems left to fix, has been our issue for years, just can't close the necessary deals.
haha fixing those two positions should get us up to somewhere around 15th.

I’m just a humble Tigers fan, apologies but I think I’ve missed your point.
Sorry BAGNF05, my fault :(.

I guess I was following on from my prev. post I addressed to you where I said I respect you as a poster even though we may disagree on some things. You occasionally hit hard, but you are fair, and I respect that.
Then...I have blocked 5 posters as their posts annoy me, but I respect them.
Then there is a 6th I should have blocked long ago as I have no respect for, or trust in.
Hope this clears it up.

Back