Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Vitally important extension by Api. Clear belief in the joint by someone whose opinion matters and who is widely respected!
Yes absolutely, APIā€™s extension is huge for us.
Not only does it give us stability in the number 9 position, but it gives young Tallyn a proper apprenticeship under a genuinely excellent player, resulting in him being fully ready to not just take over when Api goes, but already be excellent himself by then. These two working off each other will give us X factor weā€™ve never had before. When the team loses nothing when a player is replaced, you are in a great position.
Additionally and just as importantly, the API signature will go a long way towards convincing the other big signings to stick it out. Surely they have been having second thoughts, but seeing him committ will be our best retention tool over the next 3 to 4 years.

I admittedly wasnā€™t as fussed as most on here yesterday with the news about the Fainusā€¦but this oneā€¦.This has my interest. This is very good news.

They haven't announced him yet. If they did secure him they would announce it as soon as they can... He's possibly very close to signing but it doesn't sound official yet
I think it was only reported in SMH and then picked up from there by all & sundry.

Hopefully it was the manager alluding to Sanders 'likely' signing with the Raiders and we've come in with a late offer. Coupled with us signing Latu and having assets for Parramatta in a swap (Simpkin, Staines/Nofa), maybe it is possible.

Fingers crossed!

I would certainly say to Parramatta
you can have Staines and Simpkin immediately and in return we can have Sanders
As trades go you need to give teams someone they want and or need and I don't see them wanting Nofo hence Staines being offered

The DT are reporting that Parramatta Eels are closing in on signing Joey Lussick. Josh Hodgson has been ruled out for the remainder of the season and Parra are looking for a hooker before the August 3 deadline. Jake Simpkin has been discussed but Lussickā€™s knowledge of the Eels system/players & coaching staff makes him preferable. It would be for 2023 & 2024.

So within the last 24 hours the club has announced arguably the brightest prospect in the game on a 4 year deal in a position we need desperately. Signed up his brother who also has loads of potential as he captained the U19's NSW team. On top of that, we just re-signed our best player/captain after speculation he may want out.

Fulton and Benji take a bow.....
Lee did say an aggressive recruitment campaign

Surprised to see so many would let Staines go when he's a more then reliable option in a position we have no depth in.
I would let nofo go but you need to offer someone a team might want if we want a release for Sanders.
Staines would be someone Parramatta might want and use

As confusing as this will sound - if the roles were reversed with the club legend being the chairman and the sponsor deal being Lee and this story broke who's side would you be on?

No one even knows what Lee said to Chris, if it was that bad the quote would be out in the papers right now. As a club we were as shocking as we were before Lee came... so the issue is beyond Lee. We just love to use him as the scapegoat, imo the real issue is Pascoe not the guy who you can tell genuinely cares for the club and pours money into it (unlike others like Harry who just watch on).

Take away the persona and look at the situation entirely - I understand Chris is adored and Lee is the villain but let's be unbiased in this scenario. This private exchange should've never been brought up to the media let alone Hooper - especially the day after we seem to have some positive attention come our way with the Fainu's. Kicking the club when it's already down and out in the manner he did should never be the avenue a club legend takes.
Assuming Emma Lawrence was the one who handed the text and gossip over

Can you pass that onto NRL 360, they laughed and reckon the Dolphins pulled out last week(despite Read reporting they formally offered a 4 year deal and were favourites). They said the Tigers were bidding against ourselves for the boysā€¦.the only person who doesnā€™t bash the Tigers is Gordieā€¦.
Thatā€™s because heā€™s scared of Robbie šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Back