Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We have been getting robbed by refereeing decisions constantly for a long, long time.
Until we have the players to overcome it and help us win a lot more games, nothing will change in that respect.
Anyway this is supposed to be a Signings and Rumoured Signings topic.

Can anyone explain why we wouldn’t do this?

Manly have been able to look to secure a player worth about $350,000 to cover for their injured star but have been unable to find a replacement.

The Tigers were unwilling to let go of Tommy Talau despite Talau joining Manly next year.

It now leaves Manly unable to fill the gap before the mid-year trade window ends on August 7.

The Tigers are also going to wait until the end of the season to get their hands on 2024 recruits Samuela and Latu Fainu who Manly would have released early if the Tigers wanted.
Right call in my opinion. I think the default opinion that Tigers Admin is a joke is wrong here. Fainus better off finishing the year in a stronger reserve grade side rather than getting off to a poor start in our ressies or first grade teams. Right move not rewarding Talau for his disloyalty and poor performances by allowing him to leave early. Lastly Manly would be the ones receiving a current "first grader", why would the Tigers want to do them a favour? (Although it's debatable as to whether Talau is a first grader).

Fainus will be better off with a full pre season and a fresh start next year.

Can anyone explain why we wouldn’t do this?

Manly have been able to look to secure a player worth about $350,000 to cover for their injured star but have been unable to find a replacement.

The Tigers were unwilling to let go of Tommy Talau despite Talau joining Manly next year.

It now leaves Manly unable to fill the gap before the mid-year trade window ends on August 7.

The Tigers are also going to wait until the end of the season to get their hands on 2024 recruits Samuela and Latu Fainu who Manly would have released early if the Tigers wanted.
We should most definitely have released Talau as soon as we can. He's wasting space for us, shouldn't play again in any grade.
I'd have thought we'd want to start working on the training ground with the new boys asap. But then with the hopeless state of the nsw cup side maybe they shouldn't be exposed to that in case incompetence is contagious.

That pass tho. Ow my.
That pass was the best thing Nof has done in years. Sad.

You'd hope that that was his last game at the club, his defence was still atrocious. Slow, stupid, and just a total waste of space these days. But sadly it's likely no one else will want to touch him either. Does Manly need a backup winger?? Any takers, anywhere in the world? And yes we'll have to chip in at least 200k to get rid of him, but we have bucketloads of cash, so that's no biggie either.

Is it time for the club to really take a stance against the NRL , because we are getting screwed every week, those two forward passes were blatant, blind Freddy could have picked them up , the club can not sit back and let this happen week in week out ,
100 percent BP. The other funny thing is Laurie being penalised for throwing the ball and back chatting. Today we find out Weighton basically said the ref was cheating the Raiders and has to go to the judiciary. Yet no penalty during the game, funny that.

Anyone who watched Leeds v Leigh last night would not want us to sign Sezer.
Our Wests Tigers attack looks scintillating compared with the crap Leeds dish up.
Brandon Wakeham is an immortal compared with how Sezer plays these days.

I'd love to see this signing not come through like the Woodsy signing that was a sure thing.

We should most definitely have released Talau as soon as we can. He's wasting space for us, shouldn't play again in any grade.
I'd have thought we'd want to start working on the training ground with the new boys asap. But then with the hopeless state of the nsw cup side maybe they shouldn't be exposed to that in case incompetence is contagious.
I would have let Tommy go and grab those new boys weeks ago , yep,dump them straight into reserves and let them go , could well have helped out the second grade team , I would have also moved Reilly up to fist grade and give him a blast there , if no good move him on end of year with Others

That pass was the best thing Nof has done in years. Sad.

You'd hope that that was his last game at the club, his defence was still atrocious. Slow, stupid, and just a total waste of space these days. But sadly it's likely no one else will want to touch him either. Does Manly need a backup winger?? Any takers, anywhere in the world? And yes we'll have to chip in at least 200k to get rid of him, but we have bucketloads of cash, so that's no biggie either.

I remember years ago when the club preferred Nofo over Korobiete. Koro to me is heaps better than Tedesco and a much bigger loss.

His last contract was criminal.

I remember years ago when the club preferred Nofo over Korobiete. Koro to me is heaps better than Tedesco and a much bigger loss.

His last contract was criminal.
It was Mick Potter and then Jason Taylor.
One was playing Koroibete is reserve grade and the other playing Addo-Carr is reserve grade.
Both were scoring length of the field tries in reserve grade every week and both quoted they need to work on their defence before becoming regular 1st graders.
Our recruitment & retention has been atrocious, Junior Tatola was a star forward all the way through the grades at Balmain, then one of these coaches said he’s was t good enough for NRL.
Everyone blames our CEO and Chairman, not even sure if the current two were about during these times, but whoever was in charge was simply backing the judgement of our coach and recruitment manager at those times,

Right call in my opinion. I think the default opinion that Tigers Admin is a joke is wrong here. Fainus better off finishing the year in a stronger reserve grade side rather than getting off to a poor start in our ressies or first grade teams. Right move not rewarding Talau for his disloyalty and poor performances by allowing him to leave early. Lastly Manly would be the ones receiving a current "first grader", why would the Tigers want to do them a favour? (Although it's debatable as to whether Talau is a first grader).

Fainus will be better off with a full pre season and a fresh start next year.
Yeah maybe Sheens & Benji know big change is coming this off-season so don't want to introduce the Fainus to potentially disgruntled players and poor cultural influences.

I suppose the off-season gives the Club an opportunity to finalise our coaching structure, say goodbye to a few of our passive, low IQ, poor attitude players & re-set for the pre-season.

However I think I said the same thing last year.

Looking forward to having halves who can get
us points. We're rolling upfield with ease most
games but can't convert opportunities. We're
last for points scored behind St George who
are +85 points ahead of us. We've been abysmal.

Points-for-and-against1.png

Kaito I honestly don’t think we will see any improvement in this area unless we identify the lack of purposeful ball runners are a much bigger problem than the halves alone.
Brooks was definitely in our top 2 players yesterday and I’d say Laurie was in our top 5 players, so how were they the problem yesterday ?

View attachment 6152
This is the type of stuff that they should be using to entice prospective backs (especially halves).
I am sure they are mind you.

View attachment 6152
Interesting thing about Luke Brooks is that he is really good at managing bad ball sets. He can get the team upfield. But man he does not know what he is doing inside the opposition 20m.

Last edited:
Brooks was definitely in our top 2 players yesterday and I’d say Laurie was in our top 5 players, so how were they the problem yesterday ?

I didn't say anything about Brooks lol. I think
he had a good game yesterday in comparison
to most games this season tbh. We look lost
everytime the ball goes passed 1 man wide of
the ruck. Ball runners have been fine, I would
say we're calling the wrong plays at the wrong
times. Goes back to reading the play, an IQ thing.
Crashing short when it's not on, going back on
the inside when we have a small overlap out
wide. It's the small things. Our new halves will
have a lot to work with which is encouraging

It was Mick Potter and then Jason Taylor.
One was playing Koroibete is reserve grade and the other playing Addo-Carr is reserve grade.
Both were scoring length of the field tries in reserve grade every week and both quoted they need to work on their defence before becoming regular 1st graders.
Our recruitment & retention has been atrocious, Junior Tatola was a star forward all the way through the grades at Balmain, then one of these coaches said he’s was t good enough for NRL.
Everyone blames our CEO and Chairman, not even sure if the current two were about during these times, but whoever was in charge was simply backing the judgement of our coach and recruitment manager at those times,
Mick Potter wanted to keep Koro he had another year and a half to go the board went over his head

Back