Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Penrith are interesting, stats-wise. Their forwards, who are rated so highly, do not actually get THAT many metres per game- averaging around that 120m per game range for Leota & Fisher-Harris.

BUT- their back 3, the worst metres-per-game is Turuvu at 167m a game. To'o & Edwards are upwards of 200m a game.

The Tigers BEST back 3 player- Bula at 158m per game.

We absolutely need to fix that. Tupou (120m a game) could be a centre in waiting. Nofa isn't going anywhere (125m a game). Staines is officially our 'best' winger at 148m a game. Those numbers are pedestrian. That's 100m a game we are automatically behind teams like Penrith. The Panthers first forward hitup is when they have developed momentum already.

We need a winger that runs with power out the back.
[/QUOTE]
I would also like to see those stats as a meters per run figure - lots of players make lots of meters but takes lots of runs (they are not always effective)

Now we have signed Latu, Samuela, Sezer and Sullivan it will be pretty quiet on here for a bit with 1 top 30 spot available.

Hopefully Fulton can work some magic and get Rua, Kepoa and Jake Simpkin off the books and sign a quality outside back or at least keep Staines

And Sezer won't win us a premiership ....but then again I can't see Bud or Latu winning premiership rings at the WTs either ....
Not expecting Sezer to win us a comp - unless we got some real signing revelations.
Just love to see some improvement in the team to start.
The two young blokes are only 18 and 21 ... who knows what could fall into our hands over the coming years?
In saying that I do understand we haven't got a great track record.

Well the KOE cup played their last round. They finished third last. They were essentially terrible. Jersey Flegg finished last on percentage out of 12 teams
If we have all these boom youngsters where have they been?. One could assume that other clubs have more and better performed youngsters than we have .
Hard to refute cold hard facts.

Well the KOE cup played their last round. They finished third last. They were essentially terrible. Jersey Flegg finished last on percentage out of 12 teams
If we have all these boom youngsters where have they been?. One could assume that other clubs have more and better performed youngsters than we have .
What gets me is when looking flegg and cup team list there isn’t really any consistency with players jumping about week to week

Poor recruitment and coaching

a weird one
a faint whisper out of the club is that AD could find himself out of the top 30 for next year

apparently no chance of coming back in 24 and the tigers would like to free up a top 30 spot

the tigers are looking at resigning adam for 25/26 with the thought he will transition into a ball playing lock / 2nd rower

this one comes from a different source, so take with a grain of salt

a weird one
a faint whisper out of the club is that AD could find himself out of the top 30 for next year

apparently no chance of coming back in 24 and the tigers would like to free up a top 30 spot

the tigers are looking at resigning adam for 25/26 with the thought he will transition into a ball playing lock / 2nd rower

Smart move.

Gus Gould style like he did with the BBO, Bailey kid.

The club must like him.

a weird one

It is what the dogs did with Bailey Biondi Odo this year so they could fit in Reynolds into the Top 30

Reactions: 851
a weird one

I’d rather let him go and sign or develop someone who is actually a ball playing lock / second rower. WTs and “transitions” never seem to go that well.

I’d rather let him go and sign or develop someone who is actually a ball playing lock / second rower. WTs and “transitions” never seem to go that well.
Pascoe & Fulton seemed to really like him though.

In the podcast they made mention of it...
Said they've got a lot of time for him and he's a great bloke, etc.

Think he'll be at the club for some time.

a weird one

He’s done his ACL twice while with us… another club can take a punt on him.

He’s done his ACL twice while with us… another club can take a punt on him.
There’s a very quality footballer in AD…. unfortunately his ACL injuries aren’t helping however I’ve seen players come back from multiple ACL injuries and finish off there careers on a high so it’s possible. Apparently AD is loved by the boys and is an underrated leader the bloke genuinely loves the club and Benji too.

It’s all dependent on whether or not we think it’s worth the risk to give him a shot. I personally think he could provide value when he’s fit. Even as a potential long term 14 in the future on less $. No club will pay AD big money in his next deal so it’s not like he’ll be on overs.

Now we have signed Latu, Samuela, Sezer and Sullivan it will be pretty quiet on here for a bit with 1 top 30 spot available.

Hopefully Fulton can work some magic and get Rua, Kepoa and Jake Simpkin off the books and sign a quality outside back or at least keep Staines
Definitely need to keep Staines. He is far and above the best winger playing for Wests Tigers. Has speed and along with his re-signing we MUST cut loose Nofo. Surely we Tigers fans can take up a collection and pay him to stay in NSW Cup. Unfortunately he has become an embarrassment with his reads in defence and he is without doubt the worst I have seen in my 59 years watching Rugby League.

Members online

Back