Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

a weird one
a faint whisper out of the club is that AD could find himself out of the top 30 for next year

apparently no chance of coming back in 24 and the tigers would like to free up a top 30 spot

the tigers are looking at resigning adam for 25/26 with the thought he will transition into a ball playing lock / 2nd rower

this one comes from a different source, so take with a grain of salt
He’s done his ACL twice while with us… another club can take a punt on him.

He’s done his ACL twice while with us… another club can take a punt on him.
There’s a very quality footballer in AD…. unfortunately his ACL injuries aren’t helping however I’ve seen players come back from multiple ACL injuries and finish off there careers on a high so it’s possible. Apparently AD is loved by the boys and is an underrated leader the bloke genuinely loves the club and Benji too.

It’s all dependent on whether or not we think it’s worth the risk to give him a shot. I personally think he could provide value when he’s fit. Even as a potential long term 14 in the future on less $. No club will pay AD big money in his next deal so it’s not like he’ll be on overs.

Now we have signed Latu, Samuela, Sezer and Sullivan it will be pretty quiet on here for a bit with 1 top 30 spot available.

Hopefully Fulton can work some magic and get Rua, Kepoa and Jake Simpkin off the books and sign a quality outside back or at least keep Staines
Definitely need to keep Staines. He is far and above the best winger playing for Wests Tigers. Has speed and along with his re-signing we MUST cut loose Nofo. Surely we Tigers fans can take up a collection and pay him to stay in NSW Cup. Unfortunately he has become an embarrassment with his reads in defence and he is without doubt the worst I have seen in my 59 years watching Rugby League.

There’s a very quality footballer in AD…. unfortunately his ACL injuries aren’t helping however I’ve seen players come back from multiple ACL injuries and finish off there careers on a high so it’s possible. Apparently AD is loved by the boys and is an underrated leader the bloke genuinely loves the club and Benji too.

It’s all dependent on whether or not we think it’s worth the risk to give him a shot. I personally think he could provide value when he’s fit. Even as a potential long term 14 in the future on less $.
I just think we as a club need the best players we can & in our position we can’t really take a chance on a guy who is coming back from a 3rd ACL reco but I see your reasoning.

I just think we as a club need the best players we can & in our position we can’t really take a chance on a guy who is coming back from a 3rd ACL reco but I see your reasoning.
Look, the narrative of there being a champion player inside him is far fetched for mine. Maybe f he came through a decent system, but not here, he hasn’t done squat. The fact he is a 3 time ACL tearer makes it a no brainer decision as far as I am concerned. He won’t come back.

If he is as respected and liked around the club as some say, leverage that into a post footy career job.

Look, the narrative of there being a champion player inside him is far fetched for mine. Maybe f he came through a decent system, but not here, he hasn’t done squat. The fact he is a 3 time ACL tearer makes it a no brainer decision as far as I am concerned. He won’t come back.

If he is as respected and liked around the club as some say, leverage that into a post footy career job.
Not exactly the same but I remember similar chat about Benj after his 5th shoulder reconstruction. I understand they are different injuries and it's a long way back for AD but just pointing out it can happen.

It’s all dependent on whether or not we think it’s worth the risk to give him a shot. I personally think he could provide value when he’s fit. Even as a potential long term 14 in the future on less $. No club will pay AD big money in his next deal so it’s not like he’ll be on overs.
I think he's part of the puzzle to fill out one of our centre roles. He'll have to resign himself to that fact and being depth for 1 and 6

We can't add another to the 2nd row. We're swimming in forwards now.

I think he's part of the puzzle to fill out one of our centre roles. He'll have to resign himself to that fact and being depth for 1 and 6

We can't add another to the 2nd row. We're swimming in forwards now.
need a better centre option than AD
train and trial contract for 2025 maybe ? or as others have said perhaps a development role within the club ?

if he was on $800k at knights, why would he come to wt for half that? Was it because he wanted to join a more professional organisation?
He doesn’t need to worry about passing the ball here, that must be a load off his mind and worth taking a haircut for.

I am telling you Bateman is cooked, his body language tells you everything, all Teams know how predictable he is, run sideways, palm and look for a runner, nothing changes, try assists Nil, tackle breaks 3, Line breaks Nil, Off loads 2. Just trying hard doesn't cut it for the money he is on.
Topped the tackle count with no missed tackles you can't do better than that.

a weird one
a faint whisper out of the club is that AD could find himself out of the top 30 for next year

apparently no chance of coming back in 24 and the tigers would like to free up a top 30 spot

the tigers are looking at resigning adam for 25/26 with the thought he will transition into a ball playing lock / 2nd rower

this one comes from a different source, so take with a grain of salt
desperate move to free up 1 spot....farm out Noffo, Kepoa, Simpkin, Rua and a few others first

Back