Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s one of the issues.

Another one is that we only have one genuine elite player. The top teams have 5 or more.

Another is that we have 6+ fringe first graders playing regularly. The top teams maybe have 1-2.

Summary: our squad is weak across the board.
I don't think we are "weak across the board"

Last year we just get stomped on. We had no power up front.

This year we have:
paps (highly valued, but hasn't performed), Klemmer (ex SOO), Bateman (regarded as a gun 2-3 years ago).
Also
Stefano who hasn't lived up to potential.... That's why I am glad we have fired Sheens. We should not be coming 17th with who we have signed.

Api I assume is your single elite player. Bula may be that one day but not yet.

Our fringe grade back line is the huge issue combined with a lack of defensive structure.

I don't think we are "weak across the board"

Last year we just get stomped on. We had no power up front.

This year we have:
paps (highly valued, but hasn't performed), Klemmer (ex SOO), Bateman (regarded as a gun 2-3 years ago).
Also
Stefano who hasn't lived up to potential.... That's why I am glad we have fired Sheens. We should not be coming 17th with who we have signed.

Api I assume is your single elite player. Bula may be that one day but not yet.

Our fringe grade back line is the huge issue combined with a lack of defensive

Yes unfair of me to lump the pack into the same category as the backs. I’ve stated many times on here that the forwards are holding their own. I get carried away comparing the pack to the top sides.

And I agree we shouldn’t be wooden spooners.

Yes unfair of me to lump the pack into the same category as the backs. I’ve stated many times on here that the forwards are holding their own. I get carried away comparing the pack to the top sides.

And I agree we shouldn’t be wooden spooners.
No supporters of wooden spooners ever think their club should be there. But we could well add to our timber collection in 2024.

We need to hire Gus for a few weeks to assist with moving players on.. He is the best in the business - some retire and forfeit like 600k , some quit the sport for 5k Boxing careers, some drop out of the top 30 to help promote other players, etc... Genius pure Genius
Looks like his methods have been leaked
Just get them to wrestle every other player until they cry and want out

Nothing cosmic mate, he’s nursing an injury.
Must be a nasty one ?
Has he been attending games to cheer on the side (like Brooks)
Or do he and Staines have leave passes. Just never see them at all of late.
Hopefully they come to Brooky this week, Luke is putting on a BBQ after the game for both teams ( seeing as their is so much interaction between us).

Bulldogs at implosion point .. !! Several top 30 players want out .. !! with Tavita Pangi Junior already walking away from the club and his $750K contract to take on boxing .. and another un-named top 30 player walked out last week and wont return .. others are now wanting out, claiming the tough training schedule. One player stated that he was forced to wrestle several players non stop at training after turning up late to training .. !! Some very interesting pieces coming out in the press today about what is happening at the dogs. Be prepared for a massive "fire sale" at the Dogs in the offseason.

Bulldogs at implosion point .. !! Several top 30 players want out .. !! with Tavita Pangi Junior already walking away from the club and his $750K contract to take on boxing .. and another un-named top 30 player walked out last week and wont return .. others are now wanting out, claiming the tough training schedule. One player stated that he was forced to wrestle several players non stop at training after turning up late to training .. !! Some very interesting pieces coming out in the press today about what is happening at the dogs. Be prepared for a massive "fire sale" at the Dogs in the offseason.
How sweet that would be. Maybe there will
be some poetic justice after all for Gus and CC.
Perhaps Cameron is not the Messiah, he’s just a very naughty boy.

Sounds like managers leaking crap to media because their players are not up to what it takes to succeed and have been called out. Wouldn't go near any player/ manager who is having a whinge about hard work we have been down that path before.

Back