Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I cant see it being a halfback, and we have adequate cover in the Juniors for 5/8. We have Bula at the back and Talyn at hooker..... it would go against Bennetts rule of salary cap management (noting Benji is close to Bennett), but could it be a prop?

Reactions: 851
What player would give the whole team around him confidence and be a draw card for our key players to remain with the club long term.
You would have to say only Joey Manu or possibly Ezra Mam.
You would imagine Benji may have a decent connection with Joey Manu ?

I wo
What player would give the whole team around him confidence and be a draw card for our key players to remain with the club long term.
You would have to say only Joey Manu or possibly Ezra Mam.
You would imagine Benji may have a decent connection with Joey Manu ?
I would include Payne Haas under that definition.

it’s Luai. it’s not done but Benji is offering an eyewatering amount of cash.

Thats all it can be imo, just dont know how that ties in with the young halves we have locked away, im not a huge fan of Luai i think he'll be a shadow of himself with out Cleary.
In saying all that we desperately need to nab a marquee player or we will never end this rut.

My guess is The Fox. We need outside backs he’s off contract, a big name and according to reports unhappy at the dogs.

Thats all it can be imo, just dont know how that ties in with the young halves we have locked away, im not a huge fan of Luai i think he'll be a shadow of himself with out Cleary.
In saying all that we desperately need to nab a marquee player or we will never end this rut.
Neither particularly, but he's done a lot without people realising it. He's now been a three time premiership winning five eighth and won an origin series at five eighth.

Also, apparently, Panthers have a win rate of 88.5% with Luai (77 wins, 9 losses), whilst it drops heavily without him 53.8% (7 wins, 6 losses). Its a better ratio than with/without Cleary (apparently) . He is most definitely not the better player, but goes alright as main play maker in his absence by these numbers.

May be the Sezer replacement if true. Interesting to see if there's anything to it..

Neither particularly, but he's done a lot without people realising it. He's now been a three time premiership winning five eighth and won an origin series at five eighth.

Also, apparently, Panthers have a win rate of 88.5% with Luai (77 wins, 9 losses), whilst it drops heavily without him 53.8% (7 wins, 6 losses). Its a better ratio than with/without Cleary (apparently) . He is most definitely not the better player, but goes alright as main play maker in his absence by these numbers.

May be the Sezer replacement if true. Interesting to see if there's anything to it..
Luai actually brings all of ingredients we need - leadership, energy, x-factor & good D. He would be a great mentor & foil for Latu Fainu in the halves too.

Earlier in the year I mentioned this stat. I said Luais' win % was 80 though.. to see it's closer to 90 is insane

Back