Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Balmain boys whine about bulas contract was one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on this forum,,, and that is saying something… like, all that drama is not really our problem to whine about , they get paid well,, deal with it,,, and Bula is a rising star we needed to keep , desperately!
I actually thought his comments were fair. We only upgraded Bula's contract earlier in the season. Sure, great projectory, but what's the harm in holding out to see how he starts next season? We've all heard of second year syndrome.

Personally, I thought Sua Fa'alogo looked more threatening in the limited minutes I saw him play.

Twal hasn't really had much impact.

Just wondering where impact is magically going to appear from.
At times this season, I thought he had the best go forward which wasn’t really the case in previous seasons. I like that he is still developing his game so am pleased with his re-signing at a reportedly lower price.

Twally kind of reminds me a Bryce Gibbs who I think Sheens referred to as his “minister of defence” mostly for his efficiency and effort plays around the ruck. We went backwards when he left.

Just on keppie.

It was a benji call to prioritise twal over keppie.

Personally, I question the recruitment decisions as keppie brings aggression to the pack.

Apparently this review will result in benji getting more power. Also questionable, but will die on hos sword.
Keppie is too undisciplined. Carries on a like goose gets binned and puts his team under pressure. Twal lacks the aggression but at least he works hard for his minutes. Fulton will have to do better than that to prove that the disruption was worth it

At times this season, I thought he had the best go forward which wasn’t really the case in previous seasons. I like that he is still developing his game so am pleased with his re-signing at a reportedly lower price.

Twally kind of reminds me a Bryce Gibbs who I think Sheens referred to as his “minister of defence” mostly for his efficiency and effort plays around the ruck. We went backwards when he left.

Yep, Bryce was one of the best defensive front rowers in the game at the time, just like Twal is. Twal is better as his go forward and leg speed have improved, he finds his front for quick play the balls (except that crap settler inside the opp 20), and can play huge minutes when required. Much better option then Keppie. Another good call by Benji

Keppie is too undisciplined. Carries on a like goose gets binned and puts his team under pressure. Twal lacks the aggression but at least he works hard for his minutes. Fulton will have to do better than that to prove that the disruption was worth it

The only thing is Keppie offers more impact with the ball and we are a team that struggles scoring points. I reckon overall Twal is a better player but it'll be interesting where he fits in over the next couple of years.

We have Stef, Klemmer, Samuela Fainu, Pole and Blore who will all be pushing for first grade next year plus guys like Jordan Miller, Kit Laulilii, Faagutu and probably others coming through. I would also sign Seyfarth.

He should get plenty of game time though because he is good defender and I think his impact with the ball has improved.

Yep, Bryce was one of the best defensive front rowers in the game at the time, just like Twal is. Twal is better as his go forward and leg speed have improved, he finds his front for quick play the balls (except that crap settler inside the opp 20), and can play huge minutes when required. Much better option then Keppie. Another good call by Benji

People forget how good Bryce actually was.
Went 400 tackles without missing one in 2010 and not just 2nd or 3rd man in tackles, but mostly 1st man in......stopping offloads with good hands. The epic try saver in the 2010 PF rort on Gasnier.

Best forward defender ever at one of my clubs since Dallas.

Was the glue that held our pack together and was the beginning of the end when he was gone........taking Fifita with him.

Last edited:
Keppie's a penalty machine who occasionally bends the line and puts a decent shot on. is a good prospect but keeping Twal on $400k is good business and ensures we aren't relying on the kids too early in their careers.
And while Keppies best games are in the backrow me thinking he's unlikely to make it there either being a bits and pieces player.

Back