Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The coach that requested a release and got it?
He never got any fresh air, He was being hounded out of the club. Then they got Dorahy in, who was at the centre of his first dismissal, when he continually complained about Sheens wanting his players in the one team. Of course, that team was Balmain and Dorahy was the Magpies coach. Sheens was hounded into submission. In essence, those boffins running the club sacked him. They're doing a fine job aren't they?

Following in the footsteps of Tedesco, Moses, Woods, Matterson, Aloiai, et al.

Maybe interview them for the review, bet they can tell you where the fish rots from.
Exit interviews are quite common, and very useful, in identifying trends, not re individual parting shots.
Wonder if they’ve been done and outcomes not released, or it’s too sophisticated for us ?

Exit interviews are quite common, and very useful, in identifying trends, not re individual parting shots.
Wonder if they’ve been done and outcomes not released, or it’s too sophisticated for us ?
Apparently we just make everyone sign a document that they won’t speak publicly about their tenure. Every way you look at Wests Tigers management, self preservation is the name of the game.

Please mate, the ship was sinking well before that.

The issue was appointing him him in the first place. Lets be clear.
No Tony. it's too convenient to lay all the issues on Sheens.
What they should have done was allow him to continue in the job he was hired to do. He had 3 hats on 24/7. Head of Football, Head coach, and Coach of the incoming rookie Head Coach.
He also had Pascoe hanging around growling like a rabid dog.

I wouldn't put Bateman in that list. Worst bit of signing business we've done since Josh Reynolds and it was easily callable from the off. Small back rowers rarely age well and his form in the UK was ok at best, yet we gave him four years when there didn't seem to be any other obvious NRL interest. He didn't live up to his contract value in year one so I shudder to think what 2026 is going to be like. Dead money on the cap in all likelihood.
I have absolutely no issue with the Bateman signing and would place my house on the fact that he will be better next year with a far better off season.

Our halves combinations were changing weekly and bordering on embarrassing. That upsets team harmony and other’s performances. Put Bateman in a competitive team and he’s a winner.
How does that stopping him from getting deep and running the ball hard instead of the constant half paced jogging we saw for the second half of the season?

Wests Tigers fan favourite Alex Twal is set to remain with the club until at least the end of the 2027 season after adding an additional three years to his current deal.

Anyone that had seen Walsh and Mam come through wouldn't have been shocked at the Broncos being successful with that spine. Additionally, everyone even back in 2021 was speaking highly of the likes of Haas, Carrigan, Flegler.
I'll take your word that Mam had caught the eye, but he didn't make his first grade debut until round 11 last year, so it would have taken a brave soul to call him out as a (nearly) premiership winning / Clive Churchill medal half. Be like us making that declaration of Latu Fainu. We can only hope!

Reactions: 851
I think this is the right take.

Twal himself, is not the issue. He's a fine player that contributes at most clubs.

His VALUE might be an issue, however.

If the club can find a way to deal with that- I'm happy for him to play out his career at the Tigers. He's not a half-million dollar contributor, in reality. Even $100k less per year starts to make much more sense.
I swear I'm not his manager.

No Tony. it's too convenient to lay all the issues on Sheens.
What they should have done was allow him to continue in the job he was hired to do. He had 3 hats on 24/7. Head of Football, Head coach, and Coach of the incoming rookie Head Coach.
He also had Pascoe hanging around growling like a rabid dog.
The coaching staff were abysmal this year. We had a better squad than the previous year and still came last. You cannot roll into a preseason the way they did. They were under prepared and poorly coached that's on the coaching staff.

Wests Tigers fan favourite Alex Twal is set to remain with the club until at least the end of the 2027 season after adding an additional three years to his current deal.

Aren't we targeting youth ? Nothing against Twal but who's going to make way for all the development players.

Josh Addo-Carr will sit down with Bulldogs officials on Friday in a meeting that could have dramatic implications for the star winger's future.

Rumours are swirling throughout the game that 'The Foxx' wants out of Belmore after a dramatic week in which he was suspended from the Australian team and forced to apologise for a social media post concerning the crisis in the Middle East.

Addo-Carr and his management will meet with Bulldogs football boss Phil Gould to sort out where the tryscoring ace stands.

Sources close to Addo-Carr say he isn't happy with the level of support given to him after he was suspended for two matches after video emerged of him punching a man during the Koori Knockout.

The Bulldogs, for their part, are said to be unhappy with Addo-Carr's behaviour at the Knockout and his social media post on the Israel-Palestine conflict.

The star winger put a photo on Instagram of the Palestinian and Aboriginal flags with the caption "One struggle, one fight".

The following day he did a backflip - no doubt at the request of Bulldogs and NRL officials, stating he wanted to apologise "for any offence I have caused due to my recent social media post".

"As a proud First Nations man, I saw a message of support against displacement and land rights, and I shared this without full consideration to, or understanding of, the current events happening overseas," he added.

On the field, The Foxx has been a success in his two seasons at Canterbury after five years in Melbourne.

In a struggling side, he still managed to score 16 tries last year and 11 tries in 2023.

But he came to the club on big dollars and the Bulldogs would be able to use that money on players closer to the middle of the park if he left with two years remaining on his contract.

Several rival NRL clubs are certain to be interested in the speedy winger - if he cannot resolve his issues with the Bulldogs on Friday. (DT)

Yes please.

Staff online

Back