Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A lot of quality Five Eights in the past got their first taste of first grade in the Centres.

Laurie Daly played centre for Raiders until Chris O'Sullivan retired and then he moved to Five Eight

Brett Kenny and Steve Ella use to interchange between Centre and Five Eight for the Eels

Brad Fittler played centre for Penrith until Steve Carter retired and then he moved to Five Eight

Maybe one of the younger players we bought to play Five Eight gets a start at Centre???

Also Luke Lewis went from a quality winger to a quality Second Rower. I wished we had signed him ahead of the Sharks. One of my favourite players
Good post. Ben Ikin was another good footballer who had his first start in the centres.

Large plays inside centre at Scots because the Scots backline is fairly stacked (Fittler’s son is the outside centre) and he was only in year 10 this year. I expect you’ll see him move to five eighth or full back for his next two seasons.

A bit before my time but just looked him up. How cool was footy in the 70’s
View attachment 7313
He went ok way back when ! Footy was very cool back in the 70s, I was lacing on the boots back then myself.
But a lot of things were cool in the 70s, it was a breakout decade and damn glad I was there .

Flanagan Snr lets Sullivan leave while another half has a court verdict pending and is subsequently found guilty. Kyle Flanagan come on down
My whole extended family are Dragons fans

The consensus was that while he was talented and dangerous, Sullivan was injury prone and not the hardest trainer.

Hopefully he will be the X factor player that we need.

My whole extended family are Dragons fans

The consensus was that while he was talented and dangerous, Sullivan was injury prone and not the hardest trainer.

Hopefully he will be the X factor player that we need.
Sorry to say, but that attitude doesn’t bode well at this club.

I see him being a handy backup to Api while TDS is developing in NSW Cup

Be interesting how it unfolds.
If we do get the marquee signing then multiple either adapt or miss out. It’s an improved roster position for us either way to what it has been.

Managers get a percentage (usually 7%) per year of the deal. That percentage increases significantly for any endorsements. Some managers will pay there own talent scouts 3% out of the 7% per year of the contract. Not all managers do this though. In most cases managers will only charge the 7% when the contract value is over 50k per year.

He went ok way back when ! Footy was very cool back in the 70s, I was lacing on the boots back then myself.
But a lot of things were cool in the 70s, it was a breakout decade and damn glad I was there .

Just in primary school in the 70s..
..but the footy was good and just seemed you could talk to anyone about anything back then....

Very cool genuine times.......great music.

Back