Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Luai offered 2 year contract at Panthers . If I were him. Well. If you were him.... what would you do?

I agree. Good sign is I thought he was targeted pretty heavily second half of last year and seemed to stand up to it. Don't think Nofo is the guy you want taking the heavy work off Bula.
I’d have Charlie at right wing and Tupou on the left, straight hard runners and could take a lot of heat off B. Tupou has handling lapses that he needs to fix, Charlie pretty steady.

Find it hard to believe it’s only 2 years , I would expect it to be 3 x $ 800 k
Well he’s just bought a house directly opposite the Leagues club over the river at Leonay so there is not just money involved.
I’m sure he and his wife have lots of friends in the Penrith region.
A lot of driving to and from Concord.
I’ll take a punt and say he won’t leave the Panthers.

Well he’s just bought a house directly opposite the Leagues club over the river at Leonay so there is not just money involved.
I’m sure he and his wife have lots of friends in the Penrith region.
A lot of driving to and from Concord.
I’ll take a punt and say he won’t leave the Panthers.

Concord is a pretty straight forward drive from Penrith. I reckon its Penrith or Tigers, no one else a chance due to where he wants to live.

Concord is a pretty straight forward drive from Penrith. I reckon its Penrith or Tigers, no one else a chance due to where he wants to live.
What about Gus and the Bullcats, they are stock piling panthers

Ability to receive the ball as a second receiver at high speed to either make a line break himself or make the extra man to create an overlap and select the right pass to assist in line breaks or tries.
Basically do what all the other top class fullbacks do.
I’m optimistic he will be where we need him to be by round 1 2024, but I agree with others that we need at least one other player to apply pressure to the fullback spot as not many young players consistently play at their best without solid pressure on their position.
Everyone seems to want the small pocket rocket Walsh / Faalongo type but we potentially have the next GI at fullback in the way he moves across the field. And given the athletic build of his body it’s more GI almost pre storm days.
Kid is worth persisting with.

Latest posts

Back