Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's not that difficult to make it work.

Long term -

Latu plays 6.
Luai plays 7.

Api (then TDS) plays 9.

Sullivan plays 14.

Or, Sullivan kills it and pushes Latu for the other halves spot.

But that's just with our current chess pieces, the landscape in 3/4 years is never what it looks like it could be now.
Yes. Sullivan has missed large chunks with hamstring issues too. You can't pass up the quality of Luai based on an unproven rookie and an injury plagued half who couldn't nail down a spot in a team marginally better than us. A Latu and Luai halves pairing sounds pretty good to me.

You’re right it doesn’t in light of those signings. I wonder if Curly Tiger can shed some light as to why we are chasing Luai long term with big dollars.
No idea, because he's a top liner I'd imagine and we can build around him plus god forbid we have one too many maybe halves
We think of him as a Panther now but how about after 6-7 years with us?
A bit like GI as a Storm/Rabbit, Lazzo a Raider/Bronco, they become dual club men (3 for Lazzo I guess)

It's not that difficult to make it work.

Long term -

Latu plays 6.
Luai plays 7.

Api (then TDS) plays 9.

Sullivan plays 14.

Or, Sullivan kills it and pushes Latu for the other halves spot.

But that's just with our current chess pieces, the landscape in 3/4 years is never what it looks like it could be now.
Yeah agree, if this year proved anything it's that you need (at the very least) 3 capable 1st grade halves in your top 30. The trick is trying to keep them all happy.
I have come around to the idea of having these three guys going forward.

Sullivan/Fainu become surplus if Luai signs. One is proven the others are potential. It would be so opposite to anything this club has been able to do if he was to sign, but given our rubbish results not sure the money would be enough of temptation.
What is wrong with Luai playing centre?

lui

That could mean he’s off to Melbourne?
It’s been a huge problem with us, not having depth in our squad has imo softened our players. Players getting picked every week slackening off thinking they’ve climbed their Everest.
Blore finally doing extras would be because his agents phone will start ringing next week.
"Shaun Blore is finally doing extras".
Bloody hell. Remind me not to go for a massage in the Concord area.

Just read on zero tackle Jakiya Whitfeld has signed a 3 year contract with the cowboys. one of our best preformers in womens comp. Big loss. She is an excitement machine. I thought the club was changing.
I think there is an NRLW thread you can discuss this in.

Back