Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

TIGERS QUEUE FOR BEST CENTRE

Discussions continue between Melbourne and Wests Tigers regarding the potential player swap between Justin Olam and Shawn Blore. Marshall is keen on securing Olam to stiffen his backline immediately. The Tigers will make a play for Bradman Best come November 1. But that is not the only name being linked to the Tigers when the transfer market opens on Wednesday.

Could Dragons centre Moses Suli make a shock return to the Wests Tigers once his current deal finishes up at the end of next season?
St George Illawarra centre Moses Suli (pictured) has indicated he is keen to test the market. His former club the Tigers are interested depending on what happens with Olam or Best.

Suli, 25, made headlines when he signed a record-breaking deal for a teenager at the Tigers in 2017. He played just 16 games for the club before being sacked.

Random user on the kennel has suggested we've signed Declan Casey
Makes sense.

Canterbury Bulldogs back Declan Caseyhas delivered an emotional farewell to the club on social media after not being offered a contract extension.

One of few players who remained off-contract at the Bulldogs, the club has decided not to extend his contract for the 2024 NRL season.

The son of former Dragons and North Sydney Bears player Stephen Casey, the 23-year-old made his NRL debut in Round 16 in 2022 against the Cronulla Sharks. Unfortunately, he was taken from the field with a concussion after being knocked to the ground.

He would go on to play six games for the Canterbury Bulldogs scoring two tries in the process, and was a member of the club's NSW Cup team in their 2022 Grand Final loss to the Penrith Panthers.

"I can't thank you enough for seeing in me what no one else did," he wrote on social media.

"Coming to the club in 2019 I made a promise to myself that I'd do everything in my power to repay you for taking a chance on me.

4 years later you made something I could only DREAM of come true and for that I'm forever grateful.

"To all the teammates I've had during my time here, you've made coming to work everyday worth it. The brotherhood and memories I've created here is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

"I appreciate you for believing in me and for challenging me to be better every single day.

"Last but certainly not least. Something I've learnt from my time at the Bulldogs is that we don't have fans...we have SUPPORTERS, people that cheer for this club no matter win, lose or draw. I can never express enough gratitude for all of you, but just know this club will forever hold a special place in my heart.

"Thank You."

Discussions continue between Melbourne and Wests Tigers regarding the potential player swap between Justin Olam and Shawn Blore. Marshall is keen on securing Olam to stiffen his backline immediately. The Tigers will make a play for Bradman Best come November 1. But that is not the only name being linked to the Tigers when the transfer market opens on Wednesday.

Could Dragons centre Moses Suli make a shock return to the Wests Tigers once his current deal finishes up at the end of next season?
St George Illawarra centre Moses Suli (pictured) has indicated he is keen to test the market. His former club the Tigers are interested depending on what happens with Olam or Best.

Suli, 25, made headlines when he signed a record-breaking deal for a teenager at the Tigers in 2017. He played just 16 games for the club before being sacked.
Did they read the forum for that info?

Really don’t see what the appeal is for Suli. He’s already been here and it didn’t work out. Sure he was a teenager, but you could look past that if went on to be a star, or be in the class of Best, but he’s a moderate to average player at best. Lazy and has never lived up to his potential. We aren’t the kind of club who will unlock him either.

Really don’t see what the appeal is for Suli. He’s already been here and it didn’t work out. Sure he was a teenager, but you could look past that if went on to be a star, or be in the class of Best, but he’s a moderate to average player at best. Lazy and has never lived up to his potential. We aren’t the kind of club who will unlock him either.

Managed by our new best friend , Mario Tartak …

Very last player we need is a lazy, error prone,uncomitted, disloyal and dumb as ds player like Suli...up there with Woods for screwing us over when we needed him,and single handedly cost Dragons the match against us with a stoopid pass as clear evidence of his shortcomings

Theyre not the attributes were looking for..talented but...defecient in the areas above that count more

Very last player we need is a lazy, error prone,uncomitted, disloyal and dumb as ds player like Suli...up there with Woods for screwing us over when we needed him,and single handedly cost Dragons the match against us with a stoopid pass as clear evidence of his shortcomings

Theyre not the attributes were looking for..talented but...defecient in the areas above that count more
He’s the exact kind of player that would become a forum punching bag in no time.

I could be wrong but isn’t it every team made to use 95% of their cap at least every year???
Yes, but we end up front loading contracts signed late in the year to end up filling out cap for that year
I imagine Twal and possibly the Fainus were getting loaded a bit this year

BENJI’S RUGBY MOVE

Kiwi Super Rugby flyer Solomon Alaimalo could make a surprise crosscode switch after meeting with Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall.

Alaimalo is eyeing a move to the NRL with the Tigers expressing an interest in signing the 27-year-old after having discussions with the club in recent days.

He has been a mainstay for New Zealand’s Super Rugby clubs since making his debut for the Chiefs in 2017. He won the Chiefs’ rookie of the year award after scoring two tries on debut. He also played for the Highlanders.

Loading video

Alaimalo took some time out in 2021 to deal with depression and anxiety.

He returned to the field this year with the Chiefs having played in their round one Super Rugby game against the Crusaders. Alaimalo played out the rest of the season for Canterbury in New Zealand’s provincial competition with the side losing a semi-final against Taranaki earlier this month.

The Tigers have dabbled with cross-code converts in recent seasons. They handed Triston Reilly an NRL deal after he played for the NSW Waratahs. Reilly made his NRL debut this year.

unless we are signing a rugby player on a train and trial contract it does seem like there will be a bit of movement in the current squad with the positions maxed out at 30, otherwise how are we going to fit these people in?

Yes I do remember haha, fondly, and hatefully lol
Why Hatefully?

All I remember is looking up who was our defensive coach, and crying...

That said, when Kidwell left we were far FAR worse in defense.
Yes things were not good under Mick Potter. Jason Taylor was a nightmare that did not teach our kicker "HOW TO KICK"
Cmon Jason, you were second to Hazem "magic" el Mazri and Darryl Harrigan when he was playing. One of the best boots and you did not pass that skill on.

Cleary it was a new squad, but yea haven't seen us really muscle up in defense in ages. In fairness it always used to be a "mad Scramble" then a muscle.

Main takeaways acceleration/ability to maintain speed and support play all things we lack.
Should go well as a winger to start with.
Also Declan Casey would be handy as a back up in the outside backs, with potential to grab an NRL starting spot if the others are not playing well enough.
Casey is tall, with decent speed and decent size and has shown ability to break tackles, he’d be a handy acquisition.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back