Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Both of those tests were played on rain soaked grounds and played in the rain. There was very little creative play from either side. Both tests were more of a slug fest between the 2 packs. it was very hard for the backs on either side to standout.
Welsby carried St. Helens this year. They were a shadow of their past teams and Welsby was the only thing that kept them competitive.
He's quality.

So the only two notable resignings I have seen on the final day before open negotiations is Croker at Manly and McLean at the Cowboys.

As such I figure all other speculated signings are on the open market from midnight tonight including Jerome, Bradman Best etc....

Let the games begin.....
Souths re-signed Jai Arrow too I think

Both of those tests were played on rain soaked grounds and played in the rain. There was very little creative play from either side. Both tests were more of a slug fest between the 2 packs. it was very hard for the backs on either side to standout.
I agree on the conditions but his lack of involvement shocked me a bit. I think Hopoate outplayed him in a beaten team and lets face it Hoppa shouldn’t be playing fullback at his age and pace. When Koula went to fullback he looked very likely and got involved . I didn’t see Welsby doing any “dirty” runs whilst every other back did. In those conditions you need to roll the sleeves up. He didn’t do that. Tonga have performed extremely poorly and he wouldn’t have rated in the top 10 backs in either game. I think he is a good player but the games I have seen him play him he isn’t the guy I am paying a huge transfer fee for. I believe Bula has much more upside to him.

I've watched and Coached against both since U10s. There is no way Ashton is ahead of Onitoni. Onitoni is streets ahead of any player in his age group.
That’s pretty cool watching Onitoni develop, he does look special. I just have a terrible feeling in my gut we’re gonna lose him to another club or the Waratahs. I’m sure there’s plenty of clubs in both codes keeping a very close eye on him. I also heard his brother Ashton can get a little lazy. That’s from a dad who’s son was a shadow for the CIS schoolboy team this year.

Without Fulton, we wouldn't have signed the Fainu brothers or Sullivan, plus about 10 kids in SG Ball & Harold Matts. Yes all speculative but the Fainu brothers have the ability to be national reps if guided correctly.

Without Fulton, we wouldn't have signed the Fainu brothers or Sullivan, plus about 10 kids in SG Ball & Harold Matts. Yes all speculative but the Fainu brothers have the ability to be national reps if guided correctly.
Mate, I agree on the Fainu boys. Fulton's close personal relationship with the family was crucial to getting their signatures. I'm unaware of Fulton being key to Sullivan signing, and as you say, all speculative. Seems a lot of those juniors are from Manly? I hope Fulton kills it for us, but far too early to call it, particularly as most of "his" signings seem to be via his Manly link.
Let's see how we go in the open market.

How would Welsby go at centre? Maybe a roaming centre like Turbo does at origin. I guess it's a question of whether he would want to come play center at the worst team in the NRL...

You don't think they might have done a tiny bit of investigation? "Hey, Bateman. You were at Raiders with Sezer. What's he like?"
I think it would be negligence if they didn't do significantly more than that. But you ever hired someone based off a good reference and they aren't real good?

Meh … I’m happy to argue as much as you want that he is not a Top 17 player in this fully fit squad ..which as we know is the worst in the comp

I don’t give a f how often dopey Sheens picked him last year
I’m just going off this year. He played nearly 20 games. You can’t say he wasn’t a top 17 player.

Latest posts

Members online

Back