Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Does any other club only go after one recruit at a time?
I’d imagine they are trying to say we will need to further up Luai’s contract and use Olams potential contract money, however the way it’s written is that Benji is spending all his time chasing after Luai that he just doesn’t have the time to answer Olams phone call.
I work in media, not as a journo, but I can tell you that our journos are constantly fishing for a story.

A lot of what you read is heavily edited to make sure you bite (click). Don't believe the hype, they sprinkle a lot of BS magic dust.

Olam not coming is a good sign for us and that we are no push over like the past.

We advise Storm what they needed to contribute and if they don't like it then he stays on their books and rightly so. Media should be congratulating us for not getting pushed around.

When are you ever 99% sure of what another human is thinking or gunna do? I’d like those odds playing poker.
Then humans change their minds at the last minute or go all in on 10/5 off suit bcoz their kids were born on the 5th and the 10th. We’ve gotta stop the leaks, but if you go to a meeting with a player, everyone has a camera so it makes it hard.
Im using 99% as metaphorical.

Is there any other club that misses out like us?

We either have terrible luck or can't read the room.

We had JAC, Latrell and Moses are "very confident" as per our management quoting.

Why even say that?

Lol.

Our negotiators are useless.

Reactions: BZN
Just have this awful feeling that we will miss Luai, Olam will sign elsewhere and AFB will not be interested either.

Cue media fodder.
I kinda guessed that Olam would be out of the picture once we resigned Staines.

We have:
Charlie Staines
Tupou
Nofa
Brent Naden (I expect him in first grade and thumping this year).
Starford Toa

A few others.

None of these players are at Olam's level. IMHO we needed a strong good, top back.

Ofcourse our halves, Sullivan, Fainu and Sezer are not at Luai's level.

Yet Benji picked all 3. Benji is now saying he would prefer Luai?

It's a total shemozzle.

By the way -- what's the go with these ads on the forum?

Like, who actually clikcs on them? lol.

They are the most povo ads I have ever seen.

Are they just povo because we are Wests Tigers and WT is a povo club and google thinks that about us?

Or does google think us fans are povo?

Lol

NRL News: Tigers sideline Justin Olam talks, ARL considers State of Origin eligibility change​

The Wests Tigers’ pursuit of Jarome Luai has cost the club a backline recruit, while there’s a potential Origin eligibility shake-up on the cards – all in the SUNDAY SESH!
Brent Read and Michael Carayannis

Rugby League: The Penrith Panthers are pleased to confirm that the club will travel to England to contest the World Club Challenge against Super League Champions Wigan Warriors.

The Wests Tigers have sidelined talks with Melbourne Storm centre Justin Olam as they focus their energy – and money – on signing Penrith superstar Jarome Luai.
This masthead revealed last month that the Tigers had opened talks with Olam over a potential move to Concord, part of a plan that would have seen Tigers forward Shawn Blore make an early switch to the Storm.
However, it is understood that the Tigers opted to put talks with Olam on the back burner earlier this week while they prioritise their pursuit of Luai.
The Tigers have launched a big-money bid for the three-time premiership winning half, making an offer more than a week ago believed to be worth in excess of $4.5 million over four seasons.
The Wests Tigers have put talks with other players on hold, as they focus on landing Jarome Luai. Picture: Getty Images

The Wests Tigers have put talks with other players on hold, as they focus on landing Jarome Luai. Picture: Getty Images
Club powerbroker had another meeting with Luai this week aimed at convincing the Samoan pivot to commit to the cause.
The decision to end talks with Olam comes as the Bulldogs enter the race for Luai after head of football Phil Gould personally intervened to pitch the club to the Panthers playmaker.
Gould also retains an interest in Warriors captain Addin Fonua-Blake, who has been given permission to explore his options in Sydney with a view to moving back home in 12 months.
The Tigers are also interested in Fonua-Blake but they had earmarked Olam to strengthen a backline in dire need to experience and strike.
The Storm were happy for the Tigers to go after the Papua New Guinean international given he had struggled at times this season, having been dropped and then won his spot back for the finals.
The Tiger’s focus on Luai could cost them out of favour Storm centre Justin Olam. Picture: NRL Photos

The Tiger’s focus on Luai could cost them out of favour Storm centre Justin Olam. Picture: NRL Photos
However, Luai comes with a steep price tag and the Tigers need all the room they can create under the salary cap to accommodate his wage demands.
Olam is now expected to remain at the Storm, although he also has interest from Super League after Warrington coach Sam Burgess explored the options of signing the hard-hitting centre a few months ago.
Blore’s future is unclear given he is expected to leave the Tigers at the end of 2024 and the club could use his salary cap space to strengthen their bids for Luai and Fonua-Blake.
So there were talks, but we want Storm to take up a large chunk of Olam's horrible contract. Rightfully so. Storm have thus far not obliged.
The only way we take Olam for anything close to his 600k price tag is if storm take Nof on his full contract too. Which they won't.
If storm aren't coming to negotiate then there's nothing to discuss for us. So sure, rather than sit around scratching ourselves we focus our energy elsewhere, on an origin and premiership winner. That sounds professional to me rather than waiting on a above average centre

Are they just povo because we are Wests Tigers and WT is a povo club and google thinks that about us?

Lol
You've just outed yourself as povo. The ads are based on whatever you look at online or talk about in emails etc .

talking about povo

i just went and checked out the panthers forum to see what they were saying about luai

1. the forum design and layout is super slick

2. the forum posters were all really nice and wishing him the best

this place is like a bogan zoo compared to the panthers forum.

lol.

So there were talks, but we want Storm to take up a large chunk of Olam's horrible contract. Rightfully so. Storm have thus far not obliged.
The only way we take Olam for anything close to his 600k price tag is if storm take Nof on his full contract too. Which they won't.
If storm aren't coming to negotiate then there's nothing to discuss for us. So sure, rather than sit around scratching ourselves we focus our energy elsewhere, on an origin and premiership winner. That sounds professional to me rather than waiting on a above average centre
100%. Whether it's Benji or Fulton, negotiating seems to be improving.

I completely agree. I reckon they are showing Melbourne that we are happy to walk away from taking Olam unless they come back and agree to pay a decent percentage. They are the ones who want him gone.

talking about povo

i just went and checked out the panthers forum to see what they were saying about luai

lol.
head over there then sweetheart if you’re so enthralled by what’s going on out there.

this forum is run by a group of blokes that have loved this club since birth. how dare you come in and try to undermine the community we have. it’s clear you’ve been born with a silver spoon in your mouth. head over to the chookpen or the silvertails forum if you’re so fixated on format or web design.

black and white always in the fight, black and gold never fold.

Last edited:

Lol
I accidentally click on them all the time 😢

talking about povo

lol.
Eh a decade of missing the finals will do that to a place. Should have been here after 2005.

Latest posts

Members online

Back