Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Bula is a player who was willing to work hard to get what he wanted and it was about this time last year his name was being mentioned.

This is from the DT in 2022 which I think refers to pre-season Dragon's training. i am excited about his consistency in working hard, his goalkicking and the improvement in his game.

Already, one youngster, Alexander Lobb is turning heads. “Lobby, he’s a winger. When we’re running he’s already in front. He is so quick and fit. He’s showing up all the NRL players ...
The Dragons watched Feagai stink it up on the wing all year & still didn’t pick him. I’m obviously rooting for the kid & hope he does well but think we need to calm the hype train a tad.

I wouldnt be paying Olam more than $300k per year with the Storm paying the rest …if that doesn’t work for the Storm then move on…

He has three years remaining and has already began to decline … he could fall off the cliff fast and certainly will come the last year of his deal …2026…
So when do we buy players?

When they are at their peak, like Moses Mbye? Anyone remember how he was "ripping it up" in a Bulldogs side coming dead set last, him getting 750k there and then 750k HERE! (sure subsidised for 1 year) then the form dip. We buy players at the peak, they will go down a little OR a lot. Buying at the peak though is top $$$. BJ Leulia, Russell Packer comes to mind as well.

When they are at the bottom? I.e. a player sucks and we take them here and turn them into a good player. Sure they are "cheap" at this stage. The main player that comes to mind is Braith Anasta when we signed him, although he wasn't at the "suck eggs" stage of his career.

The best time to buy IMHO is when we find a player who is "mid" performance and we identify a weakness/point of improvement that we can coach in. I.e. Gareth Ellis, very strong forward but did not pass. Sheens coached in passing and scoring over the try line. BOOM!

When they are at their peak, like Moses Mbye? Anyone remember how he was "ripping it up" in a Bulldogs side coming dead set last, him getting 750k there and then 750k HERE! (sure subsidised for 1 year) then the form dip. We buy players at the peak, they will go down a little OR a lot. Buying at the peak though is top $$$. BJ Leulia, Russell Packer comes to mind as well.

When they are at the bottom? I.e. a player sucks and we take them here and turn them into a good player. Sure they are "cheap" at this stage. The main player that comes to mind is Braith Anasta when we signed him, although he wasn't at the "suck eggs" stage of his career.

The best time to buy IMHO is when we find a player who is "mid" performance and we identify a weakness/point of improvement that we can coach in. I.e. Gareth Ellis, very strong forward but did not pass. Sheens coached in passing and scoring over the try line. BOOM!

Gareth Ellis was not "mid performance" when he came here,in tests against Australia he was the best forward on the field despite the score and that was before he arrived.

YuaR9GD.png

Adam Doueihi's next club will surely be Manly.
Good on him. He's an embarrassing footballer, but my respect for him has gone up now for saying this. Also good to see earlier in the year Luai going against that sexually explicit mural in the city

I’ll say again when you shouldn’t be buying them… when they have peaked already and are on the decline … like Olam…( Josh Reynolds deal also comes to mind )

if you do buy him for THREE more years … he better be cheap because you are taking a risk..

Mbye was a terrible deal… most people thought that at the time …don’t remember a lot saying it was a good deal for the Tigers …

Back