Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What's your source? Widely reported at $500k per season. Not doubting it could be wrong, but you need to put up some sources.
Not widely reported. Hooper plucked that number out of his ass, and a few other websites just copy pasted what he said, that's how sad journalism has become these days

There are no publicly documented sources of player salaries like there is in the NBA etc. Only the word of people who claim to have received details. I trust the person I spoke to more than I trust pooper, that's for sure. But the nature and identity of sources will always remain private

Not widely reported. Hooper plucked that number out of his ass, and a few other websites just copy pasted what he said, that's how sad journalism has become these days

There are no publicly documented sources of player salaries like there is in the NBA etc. Only the word of people who claim to have received details. I trust the person I spoke to more than I trust pooper, that's for sure. But the nature and identity of sources will always remain private
Well it was widely reported. More widely reported than what you've put up here. I guess we just take you at your word. On a side note, I don't remember you being this grumpy in the past...why the agro?

You get. 'widely reported'... Even with say Luai right now, we will never know the full extent of the contract worth regardless of where he eventually signs and figures being mentioned daily for weeks... There will always be extras were never privy to.
It always seems like 'trying too hard' when contract dollars are posted

I think the complete opposite. If it comes down to us and them. he’d have to be made of stone to turn down the money we’re prepared to pay him. Penrith are going to sound confident. What else can they say?
Depends how bad he wants to be a halfback, or how bad he wants to run his own team.

Not just that....
He has absolutely no future at Penrith.

Jett Cleary can't be that far off and I'd bet anything they're looking to bring him through to play with
Nathan and carry the Cleary mantle out there for years to come....
They may convince Luai to sign for another 2-3 more years to tie them over
- But beyond that.... There'll be nothing there for him.
Personally think it's just Penriths right of reply within the 10 day cooling off period. Reckon he's agreed to terms verbally with the Tigers and Penrith are just trying to see if they can come up with something to keep him. No inside info just purely speculation on my part.

I had a dream last night we released Klemmer and Doueihi to Parra, so take that FWIW. You might think they are too dumb to sign Doueihi, but they are the club that signed Josh Hodgson on one leg at the same time Api was available. So anything is possible with them.

Since we last played finals the salary cap has gone up nearly $10 million dollars in rough terms to about $13 million. It’s now at an average of about $430,000 per player in your 30 if you exclude TPA’s. So we can’t believe the media on every deal but we do know that on average, our squad is shit.

Thats fine …we can all do what we please…you want to dismiss it then you do that …

For me,,, when I have a choice between going with whats in the media, or what an anonymous person here reckons,,, I’ll go with whats in the media …

Ive seen some pretty wild things said in these forums … not much accountability around what’s said here …
The media and the anonymous person are both speculating, that's the part you don't seem to get.

It's not the "best of two truths".

Aaaaand here we go.

We have been used again to inflate a marquee players contract elsewhere haha.

I have no doubt he will stay with Penrith
One article and you have no doubt, huh?

Don't get upset that low clubs are used as bargaining chips, it will never stop happening.

Reactions: 851
I had a dream last night we released Klemmer and Doueihi to Parra, so take that FWIW. You might think they are too dumb to sign Doueihi, but they are the club that signed Josh Hodgson on one leg at the same time Api was available. So anything is possible with them.
On the Hodgson note, didn’t we dodge a bullet and a half with that one!

Paul Crawley reporting (so take that with a huge grain of Himalayan pink rock salt) that the warriors would want:

Ice OR Stef in a player swap for AFB.

I actually wouldn't give up either of those players for a prop on the wrong side of 30.

Others will have differing opinions I am sure, so I am keen to hear them.

Paul Crawley reporting (so take that with a huge grain of Himalayan pink rock salt) that the warriors would want:

I actually wouldn't give up either of those players for a prop on the wrong side of 30.

Definitely wouldn't swap Stefano Utoikamanu. He will be a future star by all accounts so far. Ice/Isaiah Papali'i I wouldn't be so heartbroken to see go for AFB. There was nothing this year that showed he was a huge help to the team. I didn't even really see glimpses of the so-called star we signed. I reckon he would probably be vying for a release if the potential player swap were to come to fruition anyway. It definitely seems as though Warriors want a swap rather than a club simply taking on his contract from what I'm hearing and seeing, but all we can do is wait.

Big chance if they are floating that Ice will want it and possibly push it, he's never really been 100% commited imo.

Definitely wouldn't swap Stefano Utoikamanu. He will be a future star by all accounts so far. Ice/Isaiah Papali'i I wouldn't be so heartbroken to see go for AFB. There was nothing this year that showed he was a huge help to the team. I didn't even really see glimpses of the so-called star we signed. I reckon he would probably be vying for a release if the potential player swap were to come to fruition anyway. It definitely seems as though Warriors want a swap rather than a club simply taking on his contract from what I'm hearing and seeing, but all we can do is wait.
The thing with Ice now is that his partner has moved to Sydney and has settled in. He may be reluctant to up and move & she has to find a new netball contract NZ after coming to Aust to be with him and find a pro netball team here.

Latest posts

Back