Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

May played a bit of centre in the lower grades. I think he trials for Crichton's spot. Mclean brothers coming through are the ones to watch.
I think McLean will take the spot long term he’s an incredible prospect. However, Alamoti is a smokey for that spot too would be shocked if he doesn’t get a crack next year.

My point is May’s spot isn’t confirmed with the emergence of everyone else. He’d be our best winger at the club instantly. Whilst Terrell May would be a fantastic replacement for that prop bench role vacated by Blore.

Not sure to be honest.

Most judges have Feledy ahead of him.

He is signed to a Top 30 deal for 2025-26 though, so club must rate him.

Big, powerful kid.
I am hoping Feledy is ready or has the potential some are saying. It's just that he is not big, nor fast. I know he has scored some tries, but not against NRL players.

Reactions: 851
I think McLean will take the spot long term he’s an incredible prospect. However, Alamoti is a smokey for that spot too would be shocked if he doesn’t get a crack next year.

My point is May’s spot isn’t confirmed with the emergence of everyone else. He’d be our best winger at the club instantly. Whilst Terrell May would be a fantastic replacement for that prop bench role vacated by Blore.
Yep I agree.

One big sticky note on Fulton's computer which will impact on future three-quarter recruits me thinks is ONITONI LARGE & HAEMASI MAKASINI.

I'm pretty sure both turn 17 next year so, under the new NRL rules, can be signed to a top 30 contract (just can't debut until 18). So somehow we have to sell the dream to them, their parent & agents, to stay with NRL.

So, who are these people in the know? I think Benji may know better.
Can't honestly recall, there was at least 2 that I recognised as posters who post a bit about the juniors and said he mostly played flegg last year without standing out.
I don't know much about just parroting what I've heard

Just listened to the Chairman's segment on SEN via the podcast https://www.sen.com.au/programs/breakfast-with-vossy-and-brandy/

A couple of interesting things at the 10:40 mark ...

He basically confirms Blore to Melbourne in '25 however expects a big season from him for us in '24. And that Olam is likely off the table now.

And very interestingly when talking about our recruitment team, says Benji & Justin Pascoe (no mention of Scott Fulton).

So either Fulton is on the outer, only looks after recruitment of our lower levels now or Lee is becoming forgetful.

Back