Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I believe that they already knew that AFB was not going to come our way - that’s why the offer was withdrawn.
Personally i think that he is the kind of player we need to bolster our pack and provide leadership on the field. He sets the benchmark for our current guys to follow him. Shame we miss the opportunity to make this happen.
Keep your chin up. Life is full of disappointments. I'm here for you if you need me.

Miksrl gets his info from forums. Half his posts are a complete copy of forum posts from earlier in the day.

Would have been a post based on O.G Rozelles post
You realise it's a social media account, right? And that there can't be high level breaking news every day of the week right? So all accounts like this post recaps of news from elsewhere just to give people a reason to come back and visit them..

They have posted various rumours in the past, well before reported in the media. Some have come true, others haven't. But they put it out there

Reactions: 851
I have no info, but my gut tells me Richo wouldn't heap that public praise on Luai unless we had him. Or maybe it was close and he wanted to show that love publicly to get him over the line. Luai seems like he thrives on oppositions hating him but really needs love from the group he is with, from top to bottom. Richo showing love so strongly is significant.

Yeah but strange to post something before it happens. No one really knows what luai is going to do, except for luai and he's entitled to change his mind.
It would be the ultimate troll if Luai just stayed at penrith. But wouldn't that troll his family too? Taking that much less money? It's a toss of the coin if he chooses us or dogs

I have no info, but my gut tells me Richo wouldn't heap that public praise on Luai unless we had him. Or maybe it was close and he wanted to show that love publicly to get him over the line. Luai seems like he thrives on oppositions hating him but really needs love from the group he is with, from top to bottom. Richo showing love so strongly is significant.
I was thinking very similar. A sort of public opportunity to prepare the WTs fans if you like to avoid the potential backlash after a signing due to the negitive media that surrounds Jarome.

I know some may disagree but if Jarome accepts 1.125 million for 4 years in this new market when in 2 years time the market will increase again, it is an absolute steal if you consider Tino is on 1.2 until 2034 and Haumole Olakau'atu is on 7 million plus for 8 years. It's a good deal

Yeah it was a clear intent his messaging even mentioned leadership as well. No idea if he is coming but geez it would be a coup if it happened and gives us something to hope for in 25 as well future wise

Was wondering the same thing. He must have some confidence to say what he said otherwise he would have said nothing.

Yeah it was a clear intent his messaging even mentioned leadership as well. No idea if he is coming but geez it would be a coup if it happened and gives us something to hope for in 25 as well future wise
Actually, the reason for pulling out of AFB was so that we don’t exhaust the cap. That could only be a possible scenario if we had already had assurances that Jarome will be being added to our books.
Otherwise we’d still have 1 mill available to lock in Fonua Blake.

Actually, the reason for pulling out of AFB was so that we don’t exhaust the cap. That could only be a possible scenario if we had already had assurances that Jarome will be being added to our books.
Otherwise we’d still have 1 mill available to lock in Fonua Blake.

That’s not true. We have cap space.
Heck we were going after Best before AFB as well as Luai also. We pulled out of the AFB race because we have forwards already & cash should be spent on other positions. It’s very clear.

To make a formal offer in the 1st place for Luai and AFB (which everyone says we did) the rules say you need the cap space to make the offer in the 1st place (hence why the Bulldogs haven’t made formal offers yet & couldn’t for both).

I believe that they already knew that AFB was not going to come our way - that’s why the offer was withdrawn.
Personally i think that he is the kind of player we need to bolster our pack and provide leadership on the field. He sets the benchmark for our current guys to follow him. Shame we miss the opportunity to make this happen.
Sure is a shame we don't top StGeorges $4.5mil offer over 4 years for a 30 year old prop to start 2025

Sure is a shame we don't top StGeorges $4.5mil offer over 4 years for a 30 year old prop to start 2025
What’s a shame is that we would have needed to pay over $4.5m for a prop, what’s not a shame is that the Dragons are paying that much!!
The 4 years, over 30yrs old, 2025 start, bit does make it sound like a crap deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Back