Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I see Sezer as our half early in 2024 with probably Fainu as 5/8 outside him but I don’t think Sezer will see out the season because of injury.

This will give Benji the chance to see how Sullivan goes with Fainu. I know Galvin is only 18 but he’ll get game time in ‘24 and he may surprise. He’s got big wraps who knows?

I think Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin could all play 7 as well if need be, I hope we don't screw ourselves over with these young blokes by signing Luai
They won’t all stay….2024 will determine whether Fainu or Sullivan is our 5/8 for the. next 4 years…the other will seek a release.

It wasn't really my point, but still, let's go with it. As I noted, the list of players you came up is an absolutely shameful crop for a decade of development. What I actually said was we've "hardly produced any juniors of any quality since Tedesco", which your list of borderline first graders, one season wonders and complete nuffies (plus Addo-Carr) more or less proves. So thanks, I guess.
Te Maire Martin, Papanhuyzen said hi. And now Bula, Pole ?:sneaky:

I have no info, but my gut tells me Richo wouldn't heap that public praise on Luai unless we had him. Or maybe it was close and he wanted to show that love publicly to get him over the line. Luai seems like he thrives on oppositions hating him but really needs love from the group he is with, from top to bottom. Richo showing love so strongly is significant.

It's all of this. He probably had discussions with the parties who are no longer with the club, good discussions and that aside from Api was his first contact with us so with the changes there is a good chance those gains are lost so Richardson put out a ying yang push pull to show he is welcome under his leadership but all good if he decides not to..

I was very confident months ago as I posted here but they have to re game in part sort to speak with the changes.

Any player would be apprehensive once a guy like Richardson takes over unless he feels the love.

2024 is a development year

Hopefully we compete and push for the 8 but realistically it's to figure how we can get the best squad for Romeys arrival.
Alot will depend on whether AD comes good and Fainu becomes an instant hit and also whether Luai comes next year.

Remember last off season was a failure with Api and Bateman and Brooks not training much.

Semis could be sooner.

If this is all confirmed, hopefully the club can convince Galvin he's a second rower going forward. Might make a good 13 too.

Long term plan
1. Bula
6. Fainu
7. Luai
9. TDS/Api
11. Galvin

I see Sezer as our half early in 2024 with probably Fainu as 5/8 outside him but I don’t think Sezer will see out the season because of injury.

This will give Benji the chance to see how Sullivan goes with Fainu. I know Galvin is only 18 but he’ll get game time in ‘24 and he may surprise. He’s got big wraps who knows?
I don't see how anyone can look at galvin and think he'd be physically ready for nrl next year, the guys rail thin

Yeah center is our biggest weak point also think we are a workhorse winger short also.

We can try and bank on Tupou, Staines, Feledy & Galvin but that will take a while to happen. Don’t see Naden, Toa, AD, AJ (maybe forward utility value being an exception) being in the squad for long.
If Ontoni Large progresses as hoped he'll be a gun centre in 2025

If this is all confirmed, hopefully the club can convince Galvin he's a second rower going forward. Might make a good 13 too.

Long term plan
1. Bula
6. Fainu
7. Luai
9. TDS/Api
11. Galvin
Agree with this Galvin will end up in the back row kid is like an avatar long human.

If we have signed Luai and its announced after the 10 day period, 24 will still be interesting. Putting Sezer aside he won't be here in 25 but the shoot out for the 6 or 7 whatever is may be will be happening.
Fainu, Bud, Galvin in a three way battle royal, I still see Galvin as more of a Yeo style player as a 13 or perhaps starting out in the centres but i cant see all 3 being here in 25 we'll keep 2 and cut one free.

If we have signed Luai and its announced after the 10 day period, 24 will still be interesting. Putting Sezer aside he won't be here in 25 but the shoot out for the 6 or 7 whatever is may be will be happening.
Fainu, Bud, Galvin in a three way battle royal, I still see Galvin as more of a Yeo style player as a 13 or perhaps starting out in the centres but i cant see all 3 being here in 25 we'll keep 2 and cut one free.
UPDATED

Jarome Luai signs mega five-year, $6 million deal to join Wests Tigers​

The biggest signing of the NRL off-season has been completed with a divisive figure putting pen to paper on a monster contract.

December 16, 2023 - 11:43AM
Jarome is now a Tiger. (Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images)

Jarome is now a Tiger. (Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images)

Jarome Luai’s time at the Penrith Panters has come to an end with the five-eighth reportedly putting pen to paper on a bombshell new deal with the Wests Tigers.

Speculation has run rampant over where Luai’s future may lie since the NRL season came to an end, but it now appears locked in.

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Michael Chammas broke the news on Saturday morning that Luai has inked a mega deal to join the Tigers on a five-year deal worth more than $6 million.

Luai had been linked to the Tigers over the past couple of months, with last season’s wooden spooners able to offer the premiership winner considerably more money than the Panthers were able to.

New rules surrounding free agent signings implemented in the most recent CBA allow the Panthers a 10-day window to convince Luai to stay put in Penrith.

Under the new structure, offers for players must be lodged with the NRL and if accepted their current club has a chance to change the player’s mind.
So while the signing has been announced, it’s not locked in just yet for the Tigers and their fans.
EXCLUSIVE

Jarome Luai has agreed to a deal with the Wests Tigers worth more than $6million over 5 years!
— Michael Chammas (@MichaelChammas) December 15, 2023
The news of Luai’s signing comes hot on the heels of turmoil striking the club after the entire board was sacked following a scathing club review.

Wholesale changes were made to the club’s board structure which included chairman Lee Hagipantelis and chief executive Justin Pascoe both stepping down.

Interim CEO Shane Richardson remained confident the board axing wouldn’t hinder their abilities to lure Luai away from the Panthers.
“I’ve made my feelings on Luai well-known for a long time,” he said, also praising Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake who will become available at the end of the 2024 season and wants to return to Sydney.

“In my opinion, he was the best young half coming through, he’s proven at the highest level as the best young half coming through.

“Not only that, he’s a great team leader. That Penrith side revolves around Luai.

“He’s a great person off the field despite what many media people like to try to make out. You couldn’t meet a better person than him.”
Luai has joined the Tigers. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)

Luai has joined the Tigers. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)

The signing comes after the Panthers were reportedly willing to increase the length of their offer to retain his signature.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the club was looking to add a third year to their two-year $850,000 offer.

Despite the club aiming to up its offer it wasn’t enough as Luai elected to take the longer term deal which will see him join the million-dollar NRL club.

His new deal will pay him $1.2m over the course of contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest why do you think Galvin leaves, why not Latu Fainu or Bud Sullivan???

Galvin could end up being Luai's halves partner. He may want to continues to progress with his Wests mates.
ARRRGH!

This is why I was screaming at us for hiring 3 halves that "might" be first graders.
Sullivan/Fainu/Sezer. + AD on the books.

So we have 4 maybe's. Sure for very different reasons: from Dragons, "next big thing", "Last decades big* thing", Cambo Hospital patient.

Now, it's just a mess. Were blocking guys we have just hired let alone development players like Galvin.

*kinda last decades decent 5/8. Although Sezer did play some games at Halfback.

ARRRGH!

This is why I was screaming at us for hiring 3 halves that "might" be first graders.
Sullivan/Fainu/Sezer. + AD on the books.

So we have 4 maybe's. Sure for very different reasons: from Dragons, "next big thing", "Last decades big* thing", Cambo Hospital patient.

Now, it's just a mess. Were blocking guys we have just hired let alone development players like Galvin.

*kinda last decades decent 5/8. Although Sezer did play some games at Halfback.
Sezer has played halfback for the last decade and he and Douehi are out of contract when Luai arrives and won't be here in all likelihood. Then you have Sullivan and two 18 year olds that are 4-5 years away from being the finished product. Luai for 2025 is a fantastic signing. He'll play halfback and take over from Sezer

Back