Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The highest amount of third party deals in history was the Melbourne Storm, which equated to $1 million in 2019. Cronk, Smith and Slater benefitted from those.

Now the total amount of TPA's at any club is around $400k.

I highly doubt Jarome Luai is going to be given $300k in a TPA for himself.

As of last year, Wests Tigers had 0 TPA's.

The top 10 players in the NRL take up about 40% of the TPA market.
Cronk was at the Roosters in 2018 and 2019 taking advantage of their flexible cap system

luai to wests is now a formality with penrith expected to waive the 10 day cooldown period. jarome is not happy that the news he was leaving immediately was leaked to the press. ivan and his merry band of chimps are developing a reputation among those who have left the club recently for a bit of a scortched earth policy.

also expect olam to be wearing black and orange in the new year with blore headed the other way.
Immediately?

I would think the part about waiving the 10 day period is an indication its for 25.
It’s just something he said, Jarome not happy about the news he was leaving immediately…
Could it mean that was made up to make him sound less committed to Penrith or could it actually be happening and he is not happy it came out?

luai to wests is now a formality with penrith expected to waive the 10 day cooldown period. jarome is not happy that the news he was leaving immediately was leaked to the press. ivan and his merry band of chimps are developing a reputation among those who have left the club recently for a bit of a scortched earth policy.

also expect olam to be wearing black and orange in the new year with blore headed the other way.

you been reading Twitter as well?

It’s just something he said, Jarome not happy about the news he was leaving immediately…
Could it mean that was made up to make him sound less committed to Penrith or could it actually be happening and he is not happy it came out?
Let’s just get the deal for 25 done. It’s good to them eating their own though.

Any idea when both deals (Olam and Luai) will be announced?

Does he ?

why? We kept being told that they are in a good place financially
He’s had a long association with WT as a sponsor and before that with Balmain. I wish he could have bought the club, I think he’s made a couple of attempts during the last few years.

I still have to be one of those people, so I'll say it now (in advance of any possibility that the deal doesn't go through), but I'm not all in on Luai myself.

I like the guy but I think you can do more with the $1M+ he is being offered. I do recognise that we are rock bottom and need a "win", and that a marquee signing can be the tentpole for bigger and better things, just that I've never been a particular Luai fan, especially as the primary half. I would have preferred someone like Dearden.
Dearden hasn't proven anywhere near as much. Won an origin game. That's all his done in his entire career. Not sure he could do what Luai did with Samoa and Dearden has only had 2 good seasons. Luai has had 4 in a row

Valid point and my response is aimed generally because a few hold the same opinion, but the flip side is this...let's say we are overpaying for Luai by $300k.

Is that so bad in a key position when we have our second half on a moderate contract, Nofa on $500k and Doueihi on $600k? Once these contracts expire and we replace with better value players, that whole equation is back in line. Some teams have over $2 million wrapped up in their first string halves. Penrith, Parra and Manly come to mind.

If I had to nit pick the deal it would be the length and whether or not there are ratchet clauses in there. But as you pointed out, we are without a marquee half and there's not that many available. There's a few old halves running around that will retire soon also, so that will just make it even harder to jag someone that's considered marquee. Amone being de-registered has an impact also.

There's a lot of opinion about what Luke Brooks was being paid, but would we say that we would get more value out of Luai than Brooks? As it stands, I'd think so. What would we have had to pay Deardon to get him to move to Sydney? We just don't know.
considering Dearden is on 950K with Cowboys I'm sure he would ask for 1.1 million at least to move all the way down to Sydney in a new environment. And frankly, while he is a good consistent player, he's not worth over a million

Chance for Tigers to have two big centres Olam and the NZ player playing together in the centres.

considering Dearden is on 950K with Cowboys I'm sure he would ask for 1.1 million at least to move all the way down to Sydney in a new environment. And frankly, while he is a good consistent player, he's not worth over a million
Good call goat.

I didn't even know what he was on, so Luai looks an even better shout, all things considered.

He’s had a long association with WT as a sponsor and before that with Balmain. I wish he could have bought the club, I think he’s made a couple of attempts during the last few years.

a long time ago… so not now … I think you have answered your own question

Very serious, have lived at Mt Druitt for 46 years and I can assure you there are many worse places around Sydney. Every suburb, even the affluent ones who think their shite don't stink have a degree of effluent residing there.

Got to see many different parts of Sydney at all different hours of the day and night during my working life and got to see that most regions had their own group of deadbeats, druggies and wannabe gangsters.

Hey mate, sorry for coming off poncy..
I haven't actually been there so probably
Shouldn't have said what I said and make
such a harsh comment. I only really know
of Mt Druitt through the music scene, and
how its residents describe it, also through
watching some YouTube videos. You're
right about different places having bad
areas. Even Paris has 'La banlieue'. I
apologies 4 my dense comment @tigertuff

Latest posts

Back