Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Masthead used to be the term for the heading at the top of the front page of the newspaper. In this context, Masthead is the generic name for the publisher. media owners like News Limited or Nine own multiple newspapers. In articles they use the term "this masthead" rather than "The Telegraph" or "Sydney Morning Herald" so that they can copy/paste the entire article in multiple papers, so by saying "this masthead" a News Ltd article can be printed in The Daily Telegraph, The Advertiser, The Australian, herald Sun Courier Mail etc and read normally without editing.
Muzz you sound like bulldog ritchie in disguise 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
lol . That’s why I said ‘26 . DCE has probably 2 years left bricks goes to 7 and then the 6 opens up for … well it was supposed to be schuster . So Glavins path to the 6 is blocked there anyway . It to mention I’m almost positive there’s a gun half by the name of Humphries that’s highly rated . Throw in the Arthur’s who would have had a few promises , I mean it’s much of a muchness . If we start winning then that will be the biggest deterrent to leaving .
He’s 18 , just dominated juniors at 6 , of course he’s going to say he wants to be a 6. We will see when the reality of professional football sets in .
I want us to define where a player fits and what OUR plan is.

This whole "lets sign Sezer, Fainu, Sullivan" without trying any of them together kinda reeks of NOPLAN. Then adding Luai, and sure it's an opportunistic signing but adding Luai on... It's the right decision but it really recks long term planning.

Were going to have to release Sullivan or Fainu in the future.

Masthead used to be the term for the heading at the top of the front page of the newspaper. In this context, Masthead is the generic name for the publisher. media owners like News Limited or Nine own multiple newspapers. In articles they use the term "this masthead" rather than "The Telegraph" or "Sydney Morning Herald" so that they can copy/paste the entire article in multiple papers, so by saying "this masthead" a News Ltd article can be printed in The Daily Telegraph, The Advertiser, The Australian, herald Sun Courier Mail etc and read normally without editing.
Interesting... Yeah it's a term. I've slowly noticed a lot more of recently

Announcement coming today (?)

Be some cause for concern if we don’t get it when you consider how fast others have been tied up and we’re outside of the (waived) 10 day cooling off period.

I want us to define where a player fits and what OUR plan is.

This whole "lets sign Sezer, Fainu, Sullivan" without trying any of them together kinda reeks of NOPLAN. Then adding Luai, and sure it's an opportunistic signing but adding Luai on... It's the right decision but it really recks long term planning.

We’re going to have to release Sullivan or Fainu in the future.
Yep, out of the current crop of halves we have signed..it’s highly likely we will have to release one or two. Let just hope we retain the right one.
Other than Luai and Sezer the other halves are all unproven at NRL level. Sullivan and Fainu will get their chance to impress in 24.

Reactions: 851

Be some cause for concern if we don’t get it when you consider how fast others have been tied up and we’re outside of the (waived) 10 day cooling off period.
Well it’s not like another club has announced him have they?

Reactions: 851

People keep mentioning this 10 days thing. It was made clear he hadn't signed as of Thursday last week, so the 10 days wouldn't have happened yet.

Also, both Warriors and us waived the 10 days for AFB and Tupou, as well as it's been reported that Panthers will also waive the 10 days as they are no position to compete with our offer.

I don't think the delay is anything to do with the 10 days thing.

Luai is done will be great for the club. Will be announced Tues/Wed next week. I hope a circus doesn't start with Galvin, the kid deserves to be on the same level as Fainu in my opinion, they both can be pillars of the club in the future. Great to see bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Luai is done will be great for the club. Will be announced Tues/Wed next week. I hope a circus doesn't start with Galvin, the kid deserves to be on the same level as Fainu in my opinion, they both can be pillars of the club in the future. Great to see bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
Tuesday is the 2nd of January.

Shane Richardson's first official day.

This makes sense to wait till then at least from a corporate and marketing position.

Maximise positive press coverage in the new year.

Tuesday is the 2nd of January.

Shane Richardson's first official day.

This makes sense to wait till then at least from a corporate and marketing position.

Maximise positive press coverage in the new year.
Hasn't that always been the club's undoing? Busy trying to look good instead of doing a good job? Regardless of the occasion, celebrating USA on ANZAC Day or bragging about Benji winning a Grand Final with St George, we just have to accept they're doing their best.

Back