Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Anyone think that story was most likely planted by Isaac Moses? This kind of thing always happens with his players
He's probably fielding interest from any number of the more powerful clubs offering big $. As Marshall stamps his ownership on the club/squad with the assistance of Richardson, and Galvin is included in plans for the NRL at WTs, his big commission etc looks less likely. Also that article clearly has a whiff of a conflict of interest with Seibold (another of his clients) at Manly.

Tony Adams aka The Mole is very close with both Sheens and McDonnell. He will constantly be writing these types of stories every few weeks to not only plant seeds to destabilise us but to generate clicks. He absolutely has an agenda against us since Sheens got the flick. I do believe Isaac Moses had his nose out of joint when we signed a couple of halves. We have a terrible relationship with Moses but I think Richo will sort alot that stuff out. I think the club is showing Lachlan a lot of love publicly to reassure him how they feel about him. We wouldn’t be the first club to not negotiate with Moses, Politis and Matt Cameron (Panthers) refuse to negotiate with him directly preferring to use a third party in the process. I think Lachlans first couple of seasons in first grade maybe as a centre. This time next year we will have a clearer picture. Just realised I rambled on a bit, apologies for long post

Yeah it was very direct from Richo wasn’t it.
Expecting Luai to be in the captain candidate as well.

Mentions Twal as a must have squad player also which was interesting
Can we NOT make the new player captain!

I mean sure it worked in the past. Josh Reynolds (one of 5 captains?.. oh yea with Russell packer maybe).
Moses Mbye (Throws head against wall, HARD)

oh that idea of the under-pressure halves being captain... GREAT!

Lets give Captain to Api. He has deserved it and earned it.

All this agitation around the league for Galvin is kinda funny . Penrith , eels , manly , all trying thier hardest to poach him . Where’s he going to play at manly ? He’s not playing first grade until 26 anyway , if they dangle the 6 carrot . Not to mention didn’t they promise Schuster to be the heir apparent because he was coming here ? So what happens then …. It’s all bullshit . 3 months ago this stuff might have worked, I just don’t see it with Richo and Benji in charge . The only caveat to this is the Fainu /fulton relationship . And how much Fulton is pushing Fainu . I don’t think 6 is Galvins long term position anyway . IMO he will end up in the centres and eventually the back row . Like every other 190cm + five/eighth to ever exist . Campese should have as well which is why his career finished too early . AD should as well FYI . A tall 6 is finite and not a plan for long term . Usually out of the jersey by the time they’re 25 .

I think Luai needs to mature a bit to become captain but as a player he can definitely lead. I think at Penrith they tolerate and condone his antics even when it's a bit over the top. Ivan Cleary doesn't have an issue with it
I saw the way Penrith carried on every time they scored a try, as if it was a grand final winning clutch play....but it also reminded me of Sheens ethos in 05, where he wanted the players to go out and enjoy themselves, I noticed all the the finals series theyd run out to start the game all smiling happy no nerves and definitely no arrogance...i think both motivations were similar though Penrith really became bad winners, it got a bit out of control...though theyve made the last 4 GFs winning three so I guess they dont give a shit

All this agitation around the league for Galvin is kinda funny . Penrith , eels , manly , all trying thier hardest to poach him . Where’s he going to play at manly ? He’s not playing first grade until 26 anyway , if they dangle the 6 carrot . Not to mention didn’t they promise Schuster to be the heir apparent because he was coming here ? So what happens then …. It’s all bullshit . 3 months ago this stuff might have worked, I just don’t see it with Richo and Benji in charge . The only caveat to this is the Fainu /fulton relationship . And how much Fulton is pushing Fainu . I don’t think 6 is Galvins long term position anyway . IMO he will end up in the centres and eventually the back row . Like every other 190cm + five/eighth to ever exist . Campese should have as well which is why his career finished too early . AD should as well FYI . A tall 6 is finite and not a plan for long term . Usually out of the jersey by the time they’re 25 .
You forgot to mention his path will also be blocked by one of their new recruits, Manly have a half in their top 30 they reckon will be the next Andrew Johns. I think his name is Lick Bricks?

This happens to a lot of clubs with large catchments for junior talent. Given that we are positioning ourselves as a development club, the number of promising juniors coming through will increase. A number of things we need to realise:

1) We can't keep them all and we will inevitably lose some promising juniors to other clubs. An example away from the Wests Tigers: Ethan Sanders, the U19s NSW Blues halfback (with Latu Fainu at 6), was part of the Eels system. He was reportedly signed by the Raiders from 2025, after the Eels locked up Moses and Brown on long term deals. And back to the Wests Tigers and Latu Fainu, we've poached the Fainu brothers, despite them being in the Manly system for a number of years.

2) We have to back our coaching staff to identify the juniors that will succeed at NRL level. Playing in the Australian Schoolboys team is certainly a big tick, but no means a certainty that they will make the jump to first grade. Just ask Brenden Santi.

3) We have to back our club to create a winning culture. Penrith are the absolute gold standard here. Whilst they are leaking their junior talent, they are leaving after first grade success rather than before it. Juniors are staying for the chance to play in that side and make history (not to mention the journeymen going to the Panthers for a chance to improve their stock). A winning culture will improve junior retention but will not guarantee it. For example, Panthers lost a 'prodigal centre', Wilson de Courcey, to the Knights, likely with the promise of a top 30 spot.

Our focus on the future is clear, with a large number of juniors either in the top 30 for 2024 or 2025. Hopefully the juniors that have been earmarked for success turn out to be the best in their positions.
Juniors is just one part of the puzzle.

You need to have a connected system, game philosophy and culture running through the club from top to bottom.

It means these juniors are ready with everything they need once they debut. Learning on the job is not the way to bring juniors through.

Penrith, Melbourne and to a lesser extent, Brisbane do this the best.

I saw the way Penrith carried on every time they scored a try, as if it was a grand final winning clutch play....but it also reminded me of Sheens ethos in 05, where he wanted the players to go out and enjoy themselves, I noticed all the the finals series theyd run out to start the game all smiling happy no nerves and definitely no arrogance...i think both motivations were similar though Penrith really became bad winners, it got a bit out of control...though theyve made the last 4 GFs winning three so I guess they dont give a shit
A bad winner is just as big a knobhead as a bad looser. It just hurts more when you’re not the winner.
Being humble is not everyone’s cup of tea and some people seem to take great delight in rubbing some a nose in it. Personally I believe in karma so I don’t wanna jinx myself by gloating, Also I find that gloating is giving your opponent info and never give a sucker an even break.

Can we NOT make the new player captain!

I mean sure it worked in the past. Josh Reynolds (one of 5 captains?.. oh yea with Russell packer maybe).
Moses Mbye (Throws head against wall, HARD)

oh that idea of the under-pressure halves being captain... GREAT!

Lets give Captain to Api. He has deserved it and earned it.
Api will be captain no need for the dramas

It’s actually bizarre how much control Isaac Moses has over Manly at the moment.

Do they not remember what he did to us and Brisbane? He’s doing the exact same thing to Manly now.
It’s bizarre how much control managers have their players. It’s as if players are little kids being told what they are going to do and where they are going to go.

You forgot to mention his path will also be blocked by one of their new recruits, Manly have a half in their top 30 they reckon will be the next Andrew Johns. I think his name is Lick Bricks?
lol . That’s why I said ‘26 . DCE has probably 2 years left bricks goes to 7 and then the 6 opens up for … well it was supposed to be schuster . So Glavins path to the 6 is blocked there anyway . It to mention I’m almost positive there’s a gun half by the name of Humphries that’s highly rated . Throw in the Arthur’s who would have had a few promises , I mean it’s much of a muchness . If we start winning then that will be the biggest deterrent to leaving .
He’s 18 , just dominated juniors at 6 , of course he’s going to say he wants to be a 6. We will see when the reality of professional football sets in .

Back