Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

All of these comments on Olam being past his best. I'm happy to go with Benji & Moussa's judgement on him. Remember he had injury issues all 2023 - fractured arm & knee were two.

He was rated by some as the best centre in the game just over 12 months ago.

Yes people will say Joey Leuliua mark 2 but I think Olam has a different attitude &n personality to him.

yet the Storm want to move on from him…

Can’t just send him away. Someone has to take his contract on to such a degree that our club benefits
If Nofa has one cross against his name from breaching club rules (late to training etc) maybe he has one strike left & then we can terminate his contract (Richo coming in may actually put the fear into him & his manager if he breaches again). That may motivate his manager to find another contract & persuade Nofa to go to SL.

Anyway, who’s got a signing suggestion? Any chance we can poach a centre not named Olam?
Plenty of outside backs available for 25.

Semi Valemei, Kayal Iro, Taylan May, Sunia Turuva, Reimis Smith, Nic Cotric, Siteni Taukamo, Billy Smith

*The off contract article I just read was old however so maybe some of these guys have since extended.

All of these comments on Olam being past his best. I'm happy to go with Benji & Moussa's judgement on him. Remember he had injury issues all 2023 - fractured arm & knee were two.

Yes people will say Joey Leuliua mark 2 but I think Olam has a different attitude &n personality to him.
Yep, people are writing Olam off way too quickly. Reckon some will be eating their words in 2024 whether he is at the Tigers or the Storm.

Plenty of outside backs available for 25.

Semi Valemei, Kayal Iro, Taylan May, Sunia Turuva, Reimis Smith, Nic Cotric, Siteni Taukamo, Billy Smith

*The off contract article I just read was old however so maybe some of these guys have since extended.
None of those are going to move the needle. Maybe May and Turuva. But the rest are dregs.

I'm another thinking Olam is past his best but there is some merit in what you say. The issue for me is that we would have to take him on til 2026. That for me is why i can not be i favour of signing him.
If you then add concerns about his form going forward, his reported salary and Storm refusing to significantly contribute to it then I think he is an easy pass.

A return to Sydney is surely on the cards for him
No idea if he is happy off field in Canberra or if he has a desire to return to Sydney. I'd assume he has been assured Papali'i's spot as of 25 so I don't think leaving Canberra is a forgone conclusion.
The best player not assured a starting 17 spot for mine. I'd give him our 13 spot.

Something happened there this season which has apparently put people in the Storm off him according to Peter Peters. I remember hearing that in one of his Sunday breakfast show interviews when talking about Blore/Olam swap. They didn't elaborate.

The problem with Olam as I have said before … he has three years left on his contract which the Tigers would need to acquire …. You want him another three years ?
It’s arguable whether he has more than a year left in him … we then have another Nofo on the team for two years if things don’t work out …

If Nofa has one cross against his name from breaching club rules (late to training etc) maybe he has one strike left & then we can terminate his contract (Richo coming in may actually put the fear into him & his manager if he breaches again). That may motivate his manager to find another contract & persuade Nofa to go to SL.
I think it’s more than one cross, didn’t he turn up for training a couple of years ago, whilst drunk !
Obviously hates training 🤣🤣

I think it’s more than one cross, didn’t he turn up for training a couple of years ago, whilst drunk !
Obviously hates training 🤣🤣
I wonder what happened to Nofo, he used to be the face of our team front and centre in promotions and advertising, banger of the esky during the team song. Always there smiling and promoting the team/club. When did it all turn sour?

Yep, people are writing Olam off way too quickly. Reckon some will be eating their words in 2024 whether he is at the Tigers or the Storm.

Doubt it. This pre season has been in Sydney not in Melbourne with the rest of the team training. They had Norths players travel to Melbourne. Something drastically needs to change for him to be starting in 24 at the Storm. He will be with us or Superleague.

I think for 600k a year we wouldn’t get close to the value, but in saying that he is better than anything we have atm. Prefer to go after May or someone else, cheaper and better upside (plus may get his brother in the forwards).

I wonder what happened to Nofo, he used to be the face of our team front and centre in promotions and advertising, banger of the esky during the team song. Always there smiling and promoting the team/club. When did it all turn sour?
Might have something to do with supporters hating his guts.

Something happened there this season which has apparently put people in the Storm off him according to Peter Peters. I remember hearing that in one of his Sunday breakfast show interviews when talking about Blore/Olam swap. They didn't elaborate.
Peters said it was a minor discretion but it didn't go over well.

Back