Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What are peoples genuine expectations now leading into 2024? For me, around the 12th to 10 would be a huge improvement. I'm not really expecting much and will let the team decide where they finish. But man, there is something different in the air this time. For the past 4 years, I've never expected much, and I usually kept very reserved about my expectations, but now hopefully we can see improvement.
14th.
People praise the forward pack and 8-13 to be fair is pretty good. The bench however is terrible and this will be telling in many games. Additionally even the starting pack will be weaker than most as soon as the inevitable injuries and suspensions start.
The halves for 24 will most likely be at best inconsistent. An ageing half (who was never a standout) that has spent 4 years out of the game is unlikely to exceed his counterpart in many games. I've higher hopes for Sullivan but he is yet to prove he is of first grade quality. Fainu I think could do a job but even if he shows patches of brilliance it will likely be punctuated with the inconsistency of youth.
Every player in the backline has a question mark over whether they can perform to even a serviceable level.

I don't mean to be all doom and gloom. Despite the above I do think the club is building well and potentially has better times in the not to distant future. I just dont think the better times will be this season. I am however excited to see how some individuals develop and perform in 24 and hope that the youth develops quicker than expected.

14th.
People praise the forward pack and 8-13 to be fair is pretty good. The bench however is terrible and this will be telling in many games. Additionally even the starting pack will be weaker than most as soon as the inevitable injuries and suspensions start.
The halves for 24 will most likely be at best inconsistent. An ageing half (who was never a standout) that has spent 4 years out of the game is unlikely to exceed his counterpart in many games. I've higher hopes for Sullivan but he is yet to prove he is of first grade quality. Fainu I think could do a job but even if he shows patches of brilliance it will likely be punctuated with the inconsistency of youth.
Every player in the backline has a question mark over whether they can perform to even a serviceable level.

I don't mean to be all doom and gloom. Despite the above I do think the club is building well and potentially has better times in the not to distant future. I just dont think the better times will be this season. I am however excited to see how some individuals develop and perform in 24 and hope that the youth develops quicker than expected.
So I’m just confused how you can provide such an excellent summation and then say the club is building well. We still have a long way to go and I think we all need to slow down and reserve judgement just to see how things evolve.
There are a hell of a lot of variables….

So I’m just confused how you can provide such an excellent summation and then say the club is building well. We still have a long way to go and I think we all need to slow down and reserve judgement just to see how things evolve.
There are a hell of a lot of variables….
Building well for the long haul, just not the short term.

Lots of young talent coming through. A few experienced heads to help guide them. Cleared out a lot of the dead salaries, with more to go in the not to distant future (Doueihi and Nofo) so we should still have a bit of cap space to retain the young talent should they prove worthy of significant upgrades. This all suggests we are building well for 2-3 years.

You are certainly right in that there are a heck of a lot of variables. The young talent taking the next step up. Retaining that talent from 16 other clubs that will be looking to poach them. Ensuring that all the new and upcoming talents combine well. But at a time when a lot of clubs have many of their better players on their last legs we look well placed to be one of the big improvers in the not to distant future.

Note I'm not predicting premierships or outlandish claims. Just significant improvement on what we have seen the last few years.

Does anyone know when and where the club does public trainings? Any info would be great! Thanks
Mate I went to the concord on Tuesday and they were on the field across the road. On Thursday they trained on concord oval. I got there at 11:30 on Thursday and watched fir an hour before they stopped for lunch. I’d go earlier about 9:30 would be better

It’s just head scratching decisions as they didn’t stand out playing Flegg.
Hope for big improvements from them both in 2024.
They both played sg ball last year. Only joined flegg for a few games towards the end of the season. And the team was getting beaten most weeks. Any criticism of them is over the top, however I don't think Sukkar will contribute in first grade. Solomone could definitely be pushing Toa by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Mate I went to the concord on Tuesday and they were on the field across the road. On Thursday they trained on concord oval. I got there at 11:30 on Thursday and watched fir an hour before they stopped for lunch. I’d go earlier about 9:30 would be better
I might head along one day have a squiz got nothing much to do these days

They never seem to train on the main field of the COE... don't wanna tear up the pretty grass?

Can anyone help me find the thread or post that had the ontoni large 100m race? Trying to show my young fella but cannot find it. Sorry I know it's not signings related.

Back