Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Was Toa that good outside of the NQ hammering? Reckon he is average; way too inconsistent.
I totally agree. That's why I see Olam as an upgrade.

Everyone else bar Toa and Bula did not perform anywhere close to first grade leve. Even Toa I am critical and yes he is inconsistent. Olam is a total upgrade.

The big bonus here is if a player out-performs Olam, great we improve his bar. But at least with Olam we know we are setting the bar higher then Toa (I believe a lot higher). Players now have to play better then him to be picked.

Yeah bro, horrible lol. Have a look at the titans
jersey for 2024, it's a mess. The goal is to sell
merchandise - may as well make it look nice and
streamlined. Laundy hotels looks great on the
bulldogs jerseys I reckon, compliments it well
Interesting that jerseys in the NFL and EPL are virtually devoid of sponsors names, except real major ones.
We seem determined to get as many names and logos on a jersey, and shorts, and anything else, as possible.

Simple answer is a lot of the PNG natives are very shy and it can take a lot for them to start feeling comfortable.
Having the biggest star in PNG as his team mate would help alleviate any of those concerns.
An example is Dudley Dotoi recently on our books, but could not settle to life in Sydney and has since returned to Townsville in the Cowboys system,
It's kinda weird for PNG natives. But Olam has spent a lot of years in Australia. Jimmy N, less so. I wouldn't say PNG natives are shy, I know some that are, I know some that are not.

All Expats are the same though. You want to see people from your country. PNG doubly so as they will:
look for a family member
Look for a tribe member/ One Tok
then look for anyone they know....

PNG won't think of themselves as a nation, but when your closest is another person from the same country, they will be close.

I totally agree. That's why I see Olam as an upgrade.

Everyone else bar Toa and Bula did not perform anywhere close to first grade leve. Even Toa I am critical and yes he is inconsistent. Olam is a total upgrade.

The big bonus here is if a player out-performs Olam, great we improve his bar. But at least with Olam we know we are setting the bar higher then Toa (I believe a lot higher). Players now have to play better then him to be picked.
100% CC.

It's kinda weird for PNG natives. But Olam has spent a lot of years in Australia. Jimmy N, less so. I wouldn't say PNG natives are shy, I know some that are, I know some that are not.

All Expats are the same though. You want to see people from your country. PNG doubly so as they will:
look for a family member
Look for a tribe member/ One Tok
then look for anyone they know....

PNG won't think of themselves as a nation, but when your closest is another person from the same country, they will be close.
Maybe to a point but say one is a Highlander and one Coastal and relations already somewhat strained.
But I could be wrong, I only visited PNG( all areas) about 4 times a year from 1989-2016 or a total of about 100+ visits.
Or maybe they’ll end up best buds, which would a great outcome for us. Or maybe Jimmy might never get to the firsts, which I think someone else said.

Do. You

Remember

Herbal world?

That was a logo
That didn’t

Fit colour
Wise

I really feel like I'm listening to someone with a stutter reading your posts the way you format them ... Which I enjoy... But it just makes it bloody difficult
Haha. Herbal World. Forget how it made our jersey look. Try drinking the stuff!!!

It's Richard Penisini who's out for the season, he's 18 and was unlikely to play much (if any) NRL this season.

Will Penisini is his older brother who's one of Parra's starting centres.

Yeah, looks like pay more attention to the articles I read, thanks KR :)

If that were the case, wouldn’t he at least be apart of the extended squad? The track record of our supporter base wanting to give the keys to the castle to these types of players who never even make the grade is long and illustrious.
Another unknown Lobb appears to be ahead of him and we’re picking up reserve grade outside backs from other sports. Certainly doesn’t look like he’s in our plans.

Interesting that jerseys in the NFL and EPL are virtually devoid of sponsors names, except real major ones.
We seem determined to get as many names and logos on a jersey, and shorts, and anything else, as possible.
It’s all about the amount of eyeballs watching. Those big leagues are printing money.

Our front office were useless, how can we lose guys like Jaycar, Laudy and Meriton. All Tigers supporters Jaycar and Laundy ended up sponsoring the Bulldogs. How could Pasco be considered a financial success when under his watch corporate support that we should have been a shoe in to recieve was squandered and left to go to other clubs. Meriton started to pull back after the Rozelle leagues club fiasco by not being given an opportunity to provide the Reno. I can understand after all the financial support Harry gave to Balmain it would have felt like a kick up the rear. But losing Jaycars and Laundys money is inexcusable.

Latest posts

Members online

Back