Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think Sam Fainu is a far more important signing than was ever given credit for. He'll sail close to the edge, but he likes the contact.

If Sione is inspired to play a similar game, and can do it effectively- we might have that 'edge' we always seem to lack in those hard contests.

Similarly- if we can manage the tough game in the middle- players like Sullivan can attack the tiring defences better.

This could very well be the key to success for the Tigers.

Along with a good general field & attacking kicking game (Sezar..)

Need to fight fire with fire. Raiders will rip and tear.
I’d start with Steph and Twal and bring Klem, and the 2 Fainu boys on after 20 with the mindset of killing anything in green.
The 4th spot…Simpkin
Don’t forget AJ

Have to agree with above , we need to come out and hit them very very hard in defence , turn them around , get them on there backs and also stir up there big red fella he can’t help himself he’ll crack and do some dumb stuff , attack we need all of Sezer , API , Sullivan having sneaky runs and putting kicks into corners deep in the red zone ?
I want Klemmmer and Bateman in there faces .
to win this comp you need 100% commitment , need to be brutal in defence and have a solid attack , we can do this

This article is bizarre. If Dolphins can get Finefeuiaki, then Cowboys might want Howarth and if they get him, THEN Storm MIGHT be able to go for Stef. You'd think with the season just starting Journo's could find something more substantive to write about.

Bennett makes sense to me, given his links to Richo and Benji. I am all about it.
Begs the question - How many journos does it take to come up with crap? In this case it took 3 to come up with this gem.

Need to fight fire with fire. Raiders will rip and tear.
I’d start with Steph and Twal and bring Klem, and the 2 Fainu boys on after 20 with the mindset of killing anything in green.
The 4th spot…Simpkin
The issue is how and why and when we give Api a spell.
IMO, we should be giving him the middle 20 of the game , if that . Thats basically a 40min. Break including halftime . We should really minimise his time off the field and make use of the halftime break . We never seem to do it .
Too often we lose the initiative in the game in this period , and we API back on and find the attack flows again .
The way we use our interchanges needs to be better in a Whole . Des basically replaces his players according to metrics and algorithms. Im not saying do that , but it just seems our replacements external of the front row rotation were haphazard , and almost like “oh yea Jake’s sitting on the bench”

Have to agree with above , we need to come out and hit them very very hard in defence , turn them around , get them on there backs and also stir up there big red fella he can’t help himself he’ll crack and do some dumb stuff , attack we need all of Sezer , API , Sullivan having sneaky runs and putting kicks into corners deep in the red zone ?
I want Klemmmer and Bateman in there faces .
to win this comp you need 100% commitment , need to be brutal in defence and have a solid attack , we can do this
And then you woke up 😂

If Sione is inspired to play a similar game, and can do it effectively- we might have that 'edge' we always seem to lack in those hard contests.

He's done tremendously well 2 get in such good shape
over 2 seasons. Similar style to Mo Fotuaika, not
overly short but plays low & powerfully, can find the
try line from 5m out. Don't know if he'll be selected
but we need 2 do a smash & grab job in Canberra,
I'd definately start Pole @ 13, split Klem & Stef, I'd
give Klem the 2nd stint or 20 mins in the middle 3rd.
Tuckers bench would be good, we'd have 2 chop
and change it with other teams though. Wouldn't
be mad with Galvin @ 14 either, Api can knock out 80

Begs the question - How many journos does it take to come up with crap? In this case it took 3 to come up with this gem.
Buzz basically admitted the journos sit around in a circle coming up with what if scenarios and then post articles about them. They're in Disneyland.

The position would be for the vacant general manager of football role. He’s a particular candidate who both Benji and Richo have strong trust towards and belief they’d be able to work together cohesively.

People think about how close Bennet and Benji are with one another which is true but Richo and Bennet are arguably closer. When bennet got pushed out the door by the Bunnies. Richo followed.

Wayne Bennet as your General Manager
Shane Richardson as your CEO

Benji would have two of the most experienced and influential figures in rugby league to help guide him and I’d personally be all for it.

If Bennett has one eye on the next new NRL team (be that Perth, PNG, whoever) then he has at least two years to kill before then. I'd love him as GM of Football here for that period but my gut says he will take a head coaching gig somewhere (if Parra miss the finals he may take over there in 25).

Hi Does anyone whats going on with Brent Naden is he wright to go or injured
Had shoulder surgery at start of Off-season. Has been rehabbing for the majority of preseason so would be a little under done still, would have to assume he gets next crack at centre should there be an injury or poor performance.

Reactions: 851
Buzz basically admitted the journos sit around in a circle coming up with what if scenarios and then post articles about them. They're in Disneyland.
Unfortunately we continue to read and post their rubbish on here even though we know it is made up.

The journos will keep doing it as they get the reaction.

Read was on a podcast saying Stefanos management has requested (From the Tigers)
permission to seek out his options....
The Tigers (Under advice from the NRL) have declined....
Seems like a lot of different elements to make up if that's what's happened.

What I'd be more worried about is us being poor again this year and someone
like Stefano watching x-players kick on at other clubs....

Read was on a podcast saying Stefanos management has requested (From the Tigers)
permission to seek out his options....
The Tigers (Under advice from the NRL) have declined....
Seems like a lot of different elements to make up if that's what's happened.

What I'd be more worried about is us being poor again this year and someone
like Stefano watching x-players kick on at other clubs....
A half decent start before injuries hit will be so important this year. No point bringing in Luai if our best forwards are looking for the exits.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back