Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Begs the question - How many journos does it take to come up with crap? In this case it took 3 to come up with this gem.
Buzz basically admitted the journos sit around in a circle coming up with what if scenarios and then post articles about them. They're in Disneyland.

The position would be for the vacant general manager of football role. He’s a particular candidate who both Benji and Richo have strong trust towards and belief they’d be able to work together cohesively.

People think about how close Bennet and Benji are with one another which is true but Richo and Bennet are arguably closer. When bennet got pushed out the door by the Bunnies. Richo followed.

Wayne Bennet as your General Manager
Shane Richardson as your CEO

Benji would have two of the most experienced and influential figures in rugby league to help guide him and I’d personally be all for it.

If Bennett has one eye on the next new NRL team (be that Perth, PNG, whoever) then he has at least two years to kill before then. I'd love him as GM of Football here for that period but my gut says he will take a head coaching gig somewhere (if Parra miss the finals he may take over there in 25).

Hi Does anyone whats going on with Brent Naden is he wright to go or injured
Had shoulder surgery at start of Off-season. Has been rehabbing for the majority of preseason so would be a little under done still, would have to assume he gets next crack at centre should there be an injury or poor performance.

Reactions: 851
Buzz basically admitted the journos sit around in a circle coming up with what if scenarios and then post articles about them. They're in Disneyland.
Unfortunately we continue to read and post their rubbish on here even though we know it is made up.

The journos will keep doing it as they get the reaction.

Read was on a podcast saying Stefanos management has requested (From the Tigers)
permission to seek out his options....
The Tigers (Under advice from the NRL) have declined....
Seems like a lot of different elements to make up if that's what's happened.

What I'd be more worried about is us being poor again this year and someone
like Stefano watching x-players kick on at other clubs....

Read was on a podcast saying Stefanos management has requested (From the Tigers)

A half decent start before injuries hit will be so important this year. No point bringing in Luai if our best forwards are looking for the exits.

I was specifically referencing their article on the Roosters cap where he infers they are over. I don't know what you're referencing, but I'm sure we can agree some things in the media are simply the authors opinion or speculation while making it sound like it's a fact.

Have to say that I think that Kent was on the money re: salary caps and struggling clubs being penalised by having to spend a minimum of 95% of the cap, resulting in them paying more than they should on lower to middle of the road players.

There is no chance Shane Flanagan will agree to releasing Lomax unless he is satisfied he receives a suitable player in return. Aside from Ben Hunt they are not paying high wages for their 1,6 or 9, therefore can afford to pay more for an outside back such as Lomax.
In regards to Stefano, it’s a no brainer he is waiting to see if we show improvement with our results this season, before deciding if he stays loyal or moves on to greener pastures.
We desperately need to keep him long term, but I cannot see him staying if we finish in the bottom 3 again.

No talk anywhere of tigers looking to sign Lomax. Eels and Roosters only.
As a few others have mentioned, we should be turning our attention to James Schiller from the Raiders who we could likely get for less than half the price and is potentially the better centre aside from Lomax’ extra value of being a very good goal kicker.
For the 800k contract value, Lomax would have to be seen as a starting fullback.
I would personally consider that option, but it depends on how well Bula plays for us this season as to whether or not he nails down our fullback position.

As a few others have mentioned, we should be turning our attention to James Schiller from the Raiders who we could likely get for less than half the price and is potentially the better centre aside from Lomax’ extra value of being a very good goal kicker.
For the 800k contract value, Lomax would have to be seen as a starting fullback.
I would personally consider that option, but it depends on how well Bula plays for us this season as to whether or not he nails down our fullback position.
Agree, Schiller is a gun. Should definitely be a target for us.

Corey Oates unhappy at Brisbane... think he'd be a handy pickup for us what do people think?
I like Corey Oates .. he gives you a great attacking weapon in the air for across field bombs .. plus he is a big body, hard to stop out wide close to the line .. and is capable of playing in the back row .. BUT .. i think he wont come to anther to play on the wing .. he wants a 2nd row gig ..

Latest posts

Back