Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well that's just weird. Doesn't make any sense for those to be the only 2 options.

So Galvin plays halback or edge backrow, but not 5/8 or lock. Luai can play 6 or 7, but if he plays 7 it's only with Latu at 6, not Galvin. If he plays 6, Latu goes to 13. The combinations you have make no sense to limit these selections the way you have.
Well it’s quite self explanatory, I don’t see how it’s weird or doesn’t make sense…. we just invested around $5-6 mill over 5 years for Luai so he pretty much locks up a position within the halves. Which means either Latu/Galvin won’t be able to play their natural positions within the squad. Unfortunately one will miss out.

If Galvin doesn’t play in the halves, I’d only want him on the edge.

If Latu doesn’t play in the halves, I’d only want him at lock.

Otherwise, I don’t think we’d be putting these young future stars in the right positions to succeed and bring the value they’re capable of providing. Personal opinion. I’m not bothered if they’re at 6 or 7. As long as it’s in the halves I think both players are capable of playing either one I was just talking about outside of the halves.

But ideally, I think if Luai was to partner Latu, it would work better with Luai at 7 controlling the team and allowing Latu to roam and provide spark.

Whilst, if Luai was to partner Galvin it would work better with Luai at 6 roaming around providing some spark as I believe Galvin showed signs being a dominant playmaker and demanding the ball finishing sets etc.

But that’s just me.

Latu can cover all spine positions bar Fullback.

Has played centre in lower grades and is more physically ready than Galvin to handle a position like lock now.

He's definitely not lacking in versatility.
Yes but we need a lock, not a hooker or centre. Unless you are saying lock is a spine position?

Secondly, these kids need to play where they will stay at the club. Pushing Fainu to centre, he may look for half opportunities at other clubs.

Galvin will ultimately be our Yeo
I’d be surprised if he puts in that much considering how skinny he is but that would mean we have a better player in the halves, Latu, and Luai maybe. He looked a footy player out there though, and I expect to see the same this week.

Can't believe this talk about putting Galvin in the forwards since we have been trying for almost 20 years to put together a backline.
Agree

The kid wants to play 6

He doesn’t have the frame for 13 bc he’s too young.

He would be wasted as an Isiah yeoh who just digs into the line

He would probably leave if he was forced to play in the middle bc it would mean more tackling and possibly shorten his career

Like - everyone needs to stop trying to be a tim sheens !

Hastings wanted to play 7 and not lock so he left and the knights make the finals lol.

Leave the kid in the halves where he will be happy and is the most effective

If we need a lock - go and buy one!

And if latu wants to leave bc he can’t get a slot then he leaves

I think we could put latu in the centers like matt burton was at Penrith and in 3 yrs time - we can sell luai to someone else for his last two years and have galvin and latu as the halves

We only needed luai for 3/4 yrs

We got stitched up on the 5 th year and we can move him on if the juniors are better at that time

Yes but we need a lock, not a hooker or centre. Unless you are saying lock is a spine position?

Secondly, these kids need to play where they will stay at the club. Pushing Fainu to centre, he may look for half opportunities at other clubs.
Well, as long as he is playing first grade, in a winning team, with his mates then they will all stay for a little while at least..

Reactions: 851
Interesting to see Shaun Blore can't make the Storm starting 17 for a third week yet Kane Bradley cam.

Kane has killed it in preseason, one if the best trainers. Has moved from wing to the backrow - very deserved spot.

Blore metrics are improving in training probably 2-4 weeks away from the standards they have which says abit about Wests Tigers training.

Regardless if Blore was here he would be starting 17 every week.

Well, as long as he is playing first grade, in a winning team, with his mates then they will all stay for a little while at least..
Sorry mate, but for a player that can command $700k+ as a half, they are not going to want to take $500k as a centre.

In any case, we need to find a way to have both Fainu and Galvin on the field and around the ball.

Kane has killed it in preseason, one if the best trainers. Has moved from wing to the backrow - very deserved spot.

Blore metrics are improving in training probably 2-4 weeks away from the standards they have which says abit about Wests Tigers training.

Regardless if Blore was here he would be starting 17 every week.
Love dems mad trainers like Bradley and Seyfarth.

Agree

The kid wants to play 6

He doesn’t have the frame for 13 bc he’s too young.

He would be wasted as an Isiah yeoh who just digs into the line

He would probably leave if he was forced to play in the middle bc it would mean more tackling and possibly shorten his career

Like - everyone needs to stop trying to be a tim sheens !

Hastings wanted to play 7 and not lock so he left and the knights make the finals lol.

Leave the kid in the halves where he will be happy and is the most effective

If we need a lock - go and buy one!

And if latu wants to leave bc he can’t get a slot then he leaves

I think we could put latu in the centers like matt burton was at Penrith and in 3 yrs time - we can sell luai to someone else for his last two years and have galvin and latu as the halves

We only needed luai for 3/4 yrs

We got stitched up on the 5 th year and we can move him on if the juniors are better at that time
Sounds like you’ve already picked a favourite out of Latu and Galvin. No double standards in that post.

Back